Still desync?

Hi!

I stopped playing PoE a while now, wondering if desync is still a thing? Back then it was really annoying and couldn't do a lot of builds because of it.

So desync is the past or is it worse than before? Help me out :D
"
Hi!

I stopped playing PoE a while now, wondering if desync is still a thing? Back then it was really annoying and couldn't do a lot of builds because of it.

So desync is the past or is it worse than before? Help me out :D

you can effectively disable desync by enabling lockstep after the v2.0 release if the latency of your connection to ggg servers is below 100ms.
but even if your latency is higher and you can't use lockstep, they improved alot of skills to cause less desync in the old predictive mode.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Lockstep essentially removes desync from the game. A lot of people are quite happy with it. However, it is only on the beta servers at the moment. Once The Awakening goes live you can try it out. Or you can find a way into the closed beta through the new packs, or see if you get lucky for a key.

For those with a good connection, lockstep seems to be getting glorious responses. If you don't have a good connection, lockstep isn't going to help you. It may feel even worst in fact.

There are improvements being made to the predictive model as well for those folks who have poor internet service. It will never be perfect with predictive, but at least it makes the game playable.

EDIT - Damn. Undercut.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Last edited by MaxTheLimit on Jun 29, 2015, 9:20:54 AM
You should give a shot after 2.0 release, early July.
IGN TylordRampage
Thank you for the responses, will see the new version!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info