Should I start leveling a character in POE now or wait

I do not have any high level characters in POE yet, so my question is should i start leveling and get ready for the XPAC or wait till it actually releases? thank you
If you're not gonna play a temp league, it may be helpful to play something at the moment. We should be getting full tree resets anyways when a4 comes.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
When to start doesn't really matter. You can start when ever you would like, and play for as long as you want. Your first characters will likely be horrible flops anyway, and so long as you learn from that, you'll be fine.

Don't compare your play to the stuff you see streamers pulling off. Just have fun your way.
I advice you to wait till the expansion arrives and join the new (non-HC) league that will launch with it. It is not that long of a wait anyway.

When you start in the new league, take your time, read what the npc's have to say about Wraeclast and themselves, keep all orbs you can find and enjoy the game!
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Jun 28, 2015, 1:33:13 PM
It depends. Do you want to play in the new HC/SC challenge league? Then wait until The Awakening is released.

If you just want to play in the legacy HC/SC league, then go for it now!

Depending on your play time/interest/experience int he game, I would suggest playing now with the legacy leagues, and then starting a new character (w/ different skills) once The Awakening is released. Try spells now and melee in The Awakening, or vice versa.
Start now to learn a few things before the expansion. Tbh you should level a few different classes and skills and see what you enjoy ☺ (you will keep the characters you level after the expansion hits. They will stay in the permanent hc/sc league.)
Is The Awakening start as a new league for few months and merge to current standard league or just continuation on the current standard league. Can someone please explain.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
"
Ukanta wrote:
Is The Awakening start as a new league for few months and merge to current standard league or just continuation on the current standard league. Can someone please explain.

The Awakening will have 2 temporary leagues, one softcore and one hardcore. These temporary leagues merge with the respective permanent leagues after some time.

The Awakening changes are also applied to the permanent leagues.
I would wait. Live is terrible compared to beta.
Git R Dun!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
When to start doesn't really matter. You can start when ever you would like, and play for as long as you want. Your first characters will likely be horrible flops anyway, and so long as you learn from that, you'll be fine.

Don't compare your play to the stuff you see streamers pulling off. Just have fun your way.

Or he could just find himself a simple build on the forums and start off pretty good, even though its his first character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info