Game is totally unplayable

Hi to all!

I'll get right to the point.
After a clean installation of POE on a PC recently formatted, I started to get the usual "unable to MapViewOfFile"error messages again.
So, I try the /3GB switch and it stopped happening.
2 weeks ago I've had the usual Black Screen again, whether I was in Sarn Encampment or in a random map.
So, I tried the "softwareaudio" solution again. But 2 days ago this Black Screen issue appears frequently.
Please tell me what to do. I really want to play the game but I cannot.
And I use the word "again" all the time because these issues were happening before the PC format as well.

My system specs are: AMD 6-core CPU 3GHz
GPU Sapphire Radeon 6970 2GB
4GB RAM
SSD Plextor 256 GB
PSU Corsair 650W
OS Windows 8 32bit
"
chelnov wrote:
Hi to all!

I'll get right to the point.
After a clean installation of POE on a PC recently formatted, I started to get the usual "unable to MapViewOfFile"error messages again.
So, I try the /3GB switch and it stopped happening.
2 weeks ago I've had the usual Black Screen again, whether I was in Sarn Encampment or in a random map.
So, I tried the "softwareaudio" solution again. But 2 days ago this Black Screen issue appears frequently.
Please tell me what to do. I really want to play the game but I cannot.
And I use the word "again" all the time because these issues were happening before the PC format as well.

My system specs are: AMD 6-core CPU 3GHz
GPU Sapphire Radeon 6970 2GB
4GB RAM
SSD Plextor 256 GB
PSU Corsair 650W
OS Windows 8 32bit

using software audio wouldn't do anything for you, you would at best need to use --nosound which would stop any audio being used for the game.

The error you have is specific to ram usage and you don't have enough when you have a 32 bit OS and 4 gig of ram because your OS limits the available ram to 3.5 gig then the OS and all the rest of the stuff on your PC(even the normal minimum) take 1.5 or more gig and the game requires 2 gig...you would manage to play for a bit but would crash after a while assuming you don't have a browser open with multiple tab or other programs that would use ram to any degree.

The "fix" is in the stickies and it's -gc 2 coupled with maybe turning the textures down further through the .ini file, but these only delay the problem...in your case it could be enough that you wouldn't see the error in a play sesion.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Thanks for your reply.
I thought that the -gc2 addition to the POE shortcut target path fixes the "Unable to view MapViewOfFile" issue which had been fixed by using /bcdedit set IncreaseUserVa 3072. I followed this thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/182789
The most obnoxious problem is the Black Screen during which neither Alt+F4 nor Ctrl+AT+Delete works. And I have to turn off the PC only by pressing down the Power Off button from the case because the computer becomes completely unresponsive.
"
chelnov wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
I thought that the -gc2 addition to the POE shortcut target path fixes the "Unable to view MapViewOfFile" issue which had been fixed by using /bcdedit set IncreaseUserVa 3072. I followed this thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/182789
The most obnoxious problem is the Black Screen during which neither Alt+F4 nor Ctrl+AT+Delete works. And I have to turn off the PC only by pressing down the Power Off button from the case because the computer becomes completely unresponsive.

It is -gc 2, not -gc2. Notice the space between gc and 2.

a LOT of people type it wrong and wonder why they get no affect from it. When in doubt, refer to the thread on Command-Line options linked in the Consolidated Technical sticky post.
"
It is -gc 2, not -gc2. Notice the space between gc and 2.

My bad. I wrote it in a hurry.
But does this fix the Black Screen problem?
When I get this, I can't get to desktop, no Task Manager, no nothing. Ans sometimes there is a buzzing sound coming from the speakers.
Really annoying; And it's been happening since the last 2 - 3 weeks.
You should answer that question: Does it solve your blackscreen?
None of these solved the Black screen.
Unfortunately I cannot play the game anymore because Black screen occurs every 20-30 minutes.
Black screen is likely unrelated to the memory error.

It's more likely a power or driver issue with the video card or monitor.

When you get the black screen what CAN you do? Is it just the monitor loss of signal, or worse? Can you Alt+Tab or anything? Is the system just completely unresponsive? Is it powered down?
The screen goes black, sometimes there is a slight buzzing sound coming from the speakers.There are also times when I can clearly hear the sounds of the game.
Alt+F4 does nothing.
Control - Alt - Del does nothing.
I can't access the desktop at all.
The only thing I can do is to force system shutdown by pressing the power button until the PC turns off.
The case is thoroughly cleaned, the system is recently formatted, the drivers are up to date and the GPU is not overheated (according to HW monitor).
I have also made a fresh installation of Win 7 64 bit just to see if I will encounter the same problems again.
Guess what; nothing has changed.
The new expansion and the leagues are starting in a few days and I won't be able to play at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info