What do you guys think of the 720 and PS4 blocking used games?

I bet someone lost their job over that. Either after selling it, or shortly before. XD

Still... 20grand... not bad.
I'm not a n00b- I'm a Online Game Floor Examination Expert.
"
lobe44 wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Since when has not allowing 2nd hand games been a "fact" ? Never? Ok.

And always online? Again, where the fuck have you heard this bullshit? If the companies haven't even announced the console, they certainly haven't spoke about things like this. And even if it was online constantly? So what, this is 2013, it's a non-issue. If you don't have the internet, you certainly aren't going to have a console.

Stop spewing such utter bullshit, these are rumors, ones that I am pretty sure were actually debunked a while back now that I think about it.

The 720 has already been proven to have the "Always Online" feature and to block second hand games. A durango system was leaked and sold mid last year on Ebay. Durango is the codename for the 720. This is why we already know most if not everything about the 720, the most we know about the PS4 comes from a devkit which was also leaked but that information is a bit more sketchy. But if Microsoft is going the route of more restrictions on the used game market then Sony is sure to follow.

lmao. You really are naive.

I own a 360 dev kit, it cost me $1,200. My PS3 dev kit cost me $3,000.

That dev kit, if it was real, would of sold for 2-3k, and considering the fact that nobody is stupid enough to sell current-gen dev kits on ebay, and that they get taken down when they are, I know for a fact that a durango dev kit would not of been on ebay, especially at such a low starting price. And being a part of the 360 modding/hacking community, I have never heard of a leaked durango.

It's not hard to right click, inspect element and change some text on an ebay auction, or even wasting the time to create a fake auction.

Besides, game developers start making games for a new console 3-4-5 years before the release, as it becomes 1-2 years away from release they get "dev kits" and those dev kits are nothing more than PC's with similar specs to the console,if the console is set for a 2013 release, which it probably is, they may only just be getting the dev kits with the proper hardware and early OS, still in a PC case, and it's not until this point that anyone would know anything about things like this.

I also remember sony or MS saying they would not be stopping 2nd hand games. I don't know where you get your "information" but it's all false.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Feb 11, 2013, 6:05:49 PM
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
lobe44 wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Since when has not allowing 2nd hand games been a "fact" ? Never? Ok.

And always online? Again, where the fuck have you heard this bullshit? If the companies haven't even announced the console, they certainly haven't spoke about things like this. And even if it was online constantly? So what, this is 2013, it's a non-issue. If you don't have the internet, you certainly aren't going to have a console.

Stop spewing such utter bullshit, these are rumors, ones that I am pretty sure were actually debunked a while back now that I think about it.

The 720 has already been proven to have the "Always Online" feature and to block second hand games. A durango system was leaked and sold mid last year on Ebay. Durango is the codename for the 720. This is why we already know most if not everything about the 720, the most we know about the PS4 comes from a devkit which was also leaked but that information is a bit more sketchy. But if Microsoft is going the route of more restrictions on the used game market then Sony is sure to follow.

lmao. You really are naive.

I own a 360 dev kit, it cost me $1,200. My PS3 dev kit cost me $3,000.

That dev kit, if it was real, would of sold for 2-3k, and considering the fact that nobody is stupid enough to sell current-gen dev kits on ebay, and that they get taken down when they are, I know for a fact that a durango dev kit would not of been on ebay, especially at such a low starting price. And being a part of the 360 modding/hacking community, I have never heard of a leaked durango.

It's not hard to right click, inspect element and change some text on an ebay auction, or even wasting the time to create a fake auction.

Besides, game developers start making games for a new console 3-4-5 years before the release, as it becomes 1-2 years away from release they get "dev kits" and those dev kits are nothing more than PC's with similar specs to the console,if the console is set for a 2013 release, which it probably is, they may only just be getting the dev kits with the proper hardware and early OS, still in a PC case, and it's not until this point that anyone would know anything about things like this.

I also remember sony or MS saying they would not be stopping 2nd hand games. I don't know where you get your "information" but it's all false.

Never play old Playstation games anyways.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
lobe44 wrote:

And? Is there any proof of that sale other than those pictures?

And even if that auction was real, the dev kit wasn't. Like I said, a year ago a "dev kit" was just a PC with similar specs, literally. It wouldn't of had any of the specially made hardware, it wouldn't have an OS, it wouldn't have any security features, etc etc. The dev kits with those features will only be being made about now, but even then a DEV kit has no security features, that's the entire point of them. I can put any .xex on my dev kit and run it any time. I can edit games in real time and see them update on my screen. I can run games from a USB drive, it doesn't even have an optical drive. So these game devs, with the dev kits, still wouldn't know much about security features unless they required something to be a part of the game to work.
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
lobe44 wrote:

And even if that auction was real, the dev kit wasn't. Like I said, a year ago a "dev kit" was just a PC with similar specs, literally. It wouldn't of had any of the specially made hardware, it wouldn't have an OS, it wouldn't have any security features, etc etc. The dev kits with those features will only be being made about now, but even then a DEV kit has no security features, that's the entire point of them. I can put any .xex on my dev kit and run it any time. I can edit games in real time and see them update on my screen. I can run games from a USB drive, it doesn't even have an optical drive. So these game devs, with the dev kits, still wouldn't know much about security features unless they required something to be a part of the game to work.

You honestly think microsoft wouldn't inform developers about their planned DRM policy's in the future? Especially when they are making it this extensive? Now who is the naive one?

Also what more proof do you need? I dont have access to the sellers or buyers account so I cant show you their buying/selling history.. I am sure if you were truly skeptical about the authenticity of these pictures you could look into their credibility on your own.
"
lobe44 wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
lobe44 wrote:

You honestly think microsoft wouldn't inform developers about their planned DRM policy's in the future? Especially when they are making it this extensive? Now who is the naive one?

Also what more proof do you need? I dont have access to the sellers or buyers account so I cant show you their buying/selling history.. I am sure if you were truly skeptical about the authenticity of these pictures you could look into their credibility on your own.

No, MS does not inform the developers of DRM this far ahead of time, they don't need to know about it and so they aren't told.

And what more proof do I need? Are you serious? That's not even proof in the first place, so you know, at least some proof.

Like I said, these are just retarded rumors that were killed a long time ago.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info