last beta patch

Hi,
My friend have some trouble downlaoding the latest patch for the beta.
It took me lots of time (around 5 hours) to get it. I saw on another post, and you are aware that some people here in Canada has this trouble.

But since my friend is at my place right now, I tried to copy all my file on his computer. But when he run the pathofexile.exe file, the launcher "allocate file space" and try to download the 6gig.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I mean, can I change a registry setting so the launcher allow my friend to run the game without trying to update it?

Thanks,
Hi there!

Thank you for posting regarding this concern. In most cases it is best to transfer only the Content.ggpk file to your friends system, and allow the down loader to fill in the missing files. This will enable your friend to save the bulk of the download, while not having to worry about any registry values/incorrect install locations.

I recommend starting the installation and leaving it for a short time to ensure a working directory, then stopping the install and copying the content.ggpk file before attempting to start the download again.

I hope this information helps! Please contact us at support@grindinggear.com should you experience any issues in this process.
✮ Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!
Thanks a lot,

The download is over now, you save us about 3-4 hours :)

have a good day(night)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info