folding@home

folding is the use of combined computer cores and gpus to do medical research and find cures for diseases.
gpu, a must for gamers are the most effective for folding but multicore computers not using dedicated graphics cards can be used too.
the research is being performed by Stanford university and can be verified on wiki. you can set it up for light, medium or high folding so it does not interfering with your gaming. you can also set it up so it only folds when you are sleeping. never know it is there.
please come and join our nvida folding team. The team # is 142900 and my folding name is rediornot. we are currently 197 out of 222,550 teams world wide.
my individual standing is 21,000 out of 1,760,000.

you can also start your own team if you want to or get one together with the poe folks, I am sure there are a lot of potential teammates out there.

our team keeps up to date on GeForce forums

Last edited by rediornot on Jun 27, 2015, 10:55:56 AM
why am I reminded of the ending of Kakutoshi no Yume?
Oblivious
How do i make the money?
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
I started using folding@home last week. Something we all gamers should, if you ask my personal opinion.
"
Samkiud wrote:
I started using folding@home last week. Something we all gamers should, if you ask my personal opinion.

Everyone should donate their organs when they die, sure. But problem with your statement is that you are using resources that have limited life span. And you are paying money for those resources. So you are donating resources you paid for. "BUT WTF, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! CAN'T YOU DONATE SOME OF THAT YOU GREEDY PIG?!" - tell me how much medications and healthcare costs. Yeah. ;+).
Not saying this is a bad thing, but I'm not sure if I'd say that everyone SHOULD do that. If you chose to, sure. Just like donating blood.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jun 29, 2015, 1:18:42 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:

you are using resources that have limited life span.

Would you elaborate?
Last edited by Samkiud on Jun 29, 2015, 8:41:36 PM
"
Samkiud wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:

Would you elaborate?

Your computer's components will brake after certain amount of hours of work.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
More than that, electricity also cost money.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Congrats on you and your team's standing, rediornot. It's funny I just learned about this a day or so ago.
Censored.
"
Perq wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

Would you elaborate?

Your computer's components will brake after certain amount of hours of work.

Right...

Right.

"
silumit wrote:
More than that, electricity also cost money.

Electricity is not that expensive in my country. But I leave my PC folding when I need to leave it idling when downloading or hosting something.
Last edited by Samkiud on Jul 1, 2015, 4:03:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info