PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Can we get a Benchmark?

Hi GGG and Community,

could we get a benchmark for CPUs and GPUs? I'd like to upgrade my hardware to get the best and cheapest possible performance for PoE.

Thanks!
Perception is reality.
I play on my laptop and it works a dream... even with full graphics and 6-party CoC builds:

Intel Core i7 3630QM CPU @ 2.4Ghz
16gb Ram
GeForce GT 650M
"
brunowa wrote:
I play on my laptop and it works a dream... even with full graphics and 6-party CoC builds:

Intel Core i7 3630QM CPU @ 2.4Ghz
16gb Ram
GeForce GT 650M

Strong CPU is what needed badly in POE instead of GPU. You got it there, wp.
I agree. The steam page is a little bit lackluster:

MINIMUM:
Processor: x86-compatible 1.4GHz or faster processor
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 5 GB available space

Running PoE on that, sounds like a FPS hell. "Stay away from those spec builds and strongboxes", I guess.

No, again, I agree. What is needed to run PoE on 60 FPS (stable) with maxed graphics!?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I got myself a cheap new PC lately with FX 6300 CPU, 8GB Ram and Nvidia 750 Ti (2GB) and it's stable at 60 (vsync) with maxed details and my native resolution of 1680x1050. Installed PoE on an SSD though.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on Jun 27, 2015, 5:21:02 AM
"
Darkrox wrote:
I got myself a cheap new PC lately with FX 6300 CPU, 8GB Ram and Nvidia 750 Ti (2GB) and it's stable at 60 (vsync) with maxed details and my native resolution of 1680x1050. Installed PoE on an SSD though.

I have the same CPU, a couple of dated AMD 6970 running in crossfire, SSD and 8 GB RAM. The game varies between 20 and 40 FPS, dropping under 20 in certain situations (stronboxes, massive CoC builds etc) - and I'm running about medium graphics.

So, my dear AMD 6970's, you need to go soon. Both PoE and Geralt of Rivia demands it.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Try ssd drive is must for poe.
IGN: Desu_, Sydvest, Enyce
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Darkrox wrote:

I have the same CPU, a couple of dated AMD 6970 running in crossfire, SSD and 8 GB RAM. The game varies between 20 and 40 FPS, dropping under 20 in certain situations (stronboxes, massive CoC builds etc) - and I'm running about medium graphics.

So, my dear AMD 6970's, you need to go soon. Both PoE and Geralt of Rivia demands it.

I cannot believe it's your GPU's fault. I am using an Athlon X4 + 7870 and get the same horrible average fps.
I bet just replacing our CPUs with a low-end dual core i3 would fix our issues.

Anyone running PoE on an i3?
Perception is reality.
Here's my recommended requirements for a good experience during single player.

Nvidia Geforce 560Ti, 660, 760, 960 or better video card with 1GB or more VRAM
3GB of RAM
2.66GHZ Intel i7 920 or better CPU (Better doesn't include Celerons, Pentiums or mobile CPU's)
Windows 7 x64 or newer x64 O/S

I imagine an Intel i7 3770 or better would be needed for good multiplayer/use of character builds that emphasize a lot of projectile attacks.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jun 27, 2015, 1:50:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info