PoE.Trade is a hacker site

This is a clear accusation, but I didn't want to be silent. So just read with a grain of salt, this is My 2 cents.

I started PoE again about 2 weeks ago (small break, offtopic) when I got a beta invitation. Actually I started to play an older character again and then created a new character and tried to make a build. When leveling I was already thinking of later items thus I looked on that trade site.

I did a few searches, copy pastes, wrote a message to someone in the forum, it was all ok. The next day I start my computer it was all running slow and after a few minutes I couldn't do anything anymore. After restarting it went worse. I detected a hack on my pc with the help from outside and had to completely wipe my pc and had to reinstal everything. I never got this sh1t on my pc (maybe 10 years ago; other than the very silent nsa trojan that everyone has of course). But I didn't think of poe.trade 1 week ago (it is also more than 1 year ago that I used that site).

So because I wasn't suspicious I did it again yesterday and the day before, I used the website and traded. All was good. Computer shut down. Sleep. Work. Now today I start my other pc again (I used another one after the incident because reinstalling everything took some days...), BROKEN. SAME problem, other pc, same website. Can't do anything anymore - I am writing this from another device... I think it is understandable that I am a bit salty now.

From my perspective - after the second time happening in short in a row from the Same behaviour - this site is trying to hack their visitors. Most user-devices can resist these attacks, but it's about the mass. I was always wondering why this site was free and the customer service so very fast in answering - the reason for that motivation is clear now, for me.

Ofcourse I already changed my passwords, now... But to be honest within that one week (after first time it happened) I didn't change the poe password and nothing got stolen, just fyi

P.S. This will be my only post about this topic (anything else can only come by community or devs anyways), I personally won't use it anymore, however I could from a third device, but that would support the site, wouldn't it!
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Jun 26, 2015, 5:42:39 PM
+1
^^^^^^
Honestly I think you're just paranoid and blaming it.

XYZ would be a wanted man by now.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I have always used poe trade and never had a problem.
wait... Customer Service?
I thought PoE.trade (formerly PoE.xyz) is just another quality-of-life tool, made by a community member (XYZ).
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
You have wifi? Change the password on it.
I stand by the basic principle that players should not be forced to utilize third party tools to play the game effectively.

Irrelevant of the accusation posed in the op, which i don't agree with.

Like mentioned by I_NO, if this was really the case the outrage would have been visible by now already.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Poe trade is the only site you visited? Wouldn't everybody's virus checker be informing them that the website was unsafe when it detected the hack? And if it didn't detect the hack, wouldn't everybody have been hacked?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
P.S. This will be my only post about this topic

Correlation != Causation. Just saying.
- here's my sig

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info