The dtuser14 Protest!

Yes, and his reply is "we do".

It's clearly not an IP restriction though. Otherwise they couldn't make multiple accounts to begin with.

So, you *know* they have something in place, but still decided to bitch?

Interesting guy.
ZedsFiction // AshesRelandi // akaZeds
"
Ashes420 wrote:
Yes, and his reply is "we do".

It's clearly not an IP restriction though. Otherwise they couldn't make multiple accounts to begin with.

So, you *know* they have something in place, but still decided to bitch?

Interesting guy.

Not bitching, i really doubt you read my entire pot, then again who does these days? More people enjoy replying to threads to be an ass. I wont reply to anything more you say, I'll take it for what its worth.
Last edited by Crius on Aug 10, 2011, 5:24:50 PM
"
Crius wrote:
Not bitching, i really doubt you read my entire pot, then again who does these days? More people enjoy replying to threads to be an ass.

So, in other words you now have nothing to say, and resorted to ad hominem attacks?

Okay.

I'm not being an ass, btw, just trying to understand your seemingly non-logical logic.
ZedsFiction // AshesRelandi // akaZeds
"
azhaan123 wrote:
Who cares? We are all gonna get in sooner or later.

It's not about getting in, it's what's right for PoE's success.

Somebody making multiple accounts, in order to get in means he/she's likely either botting with idle characters (I guess this is about the only good thing because then GGG can be made aware and take action), or passing out a bunch of codes to his friends who will likely only occasionally play (some arbitrary game they know nothing about until this point). They might not even come to the beta forums and post once logged in because they got something without taking the initiative and earning it.

I, for one, am glad we at least got some real hardcore fans & testers into Alpha before this mess.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.
They dont have a massive team and will have their hands full i think.
"
Madav wrote:
"
azhaan123 wrote:
Who cares? We are all gonna get in sooner or later.

It's not about getting in, it's what's right for PoE's success.

Somebody making multiple accounts, in order to get in means he/she's likely either botting with idle characters (I guess this is about the only good thing because then GGG can be made aware and take action), or passing out a bunch of codes to his friends who will likely only occasionally play (some arbitrary game they know nothing about until this point). They might not even come to the beta forums and post once logged in because they got something without taking the initiative and earning it.

I, for one, am glad we at least got some real hardcore fans & testers into Alpha before this mess.

touché
"
DInotron wrote:
It's not right to call out specific people on the forum like this. The blame gets entirely shifted on a single person when there are probably hundreds of people doing this. (On a large number of other game forums, it's a ban-able offence)

Send one of the Devs / Forum moderators a message and let them resolve it.

GGG will take care of those who abuse the invite system, do not worry.

Maybe, this user was called out on another post as proof of people making multiple accounts to increase their chances of getting in.

Those people who think this is pointless are not getting the idea of what this thread is about. Its not about HEY HE GOT BETA I DIDN'T!!!

As much as I would love beta I have to say I really don't have time to play as often as other people in this community do. So yes I think other people are more deserving then myself due to time factors on my side.
Last edited by Crius on Aug 10, 2011, 5:33:37 PM
I think that something should be done, but I can't decide on what. Spamming accounts shouldn't be allowed, and they should impose better restrictions on who gets a key.
Protip:

Append a plus ("+") sign and any combination of words or numbers after your email address. For example, if your name was hikingfan@gmail.com, you could send mail to hikingfan+friends@gmail.com or hikingfan+mailinglists@gmail.com.
Insert one or several dots (".") anywhere in your email address. Gmail doesn't recognize periods as characters in addresses -- we just ignore them. For example, you could tell people your address was hikingfan@gmail.com, hiking.fan@gmail.com or hi.kin.g.fan@gmail.com. (We understand that there has been some confusion about this in the past, but to settle it once and for all, you can indeed receive mail at all the variations with dots.)

So unless they start restricting IPs or filtering gmail accounts, you can expect this to continue.
If that dtuser guy put in enough effort to make 17 accounts he kind of deserves the beta key. making 17 different email accounts and 17 different game accounts takes a while fyi.

PS: If you can have several game accounts on one mail then yea it kind of is lame but meh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info