Wardener's RIghteous FIre templar

Current state: Act 1 merciless, still being updated.

Hi everybody, i used to play this game a long time ago, and i picked it up again recently, with all my chars and tabs i bought. I thought it would have been a nice idea to open up a thred for my char as it progresses, with an update at the end of each day of playing, to have a bit of feedback from the community on how weel/bad am i doing.

So first thing first, introduction of the character's idea.
The main purpose of this build is to maximize righteous fire's damage, and be able to sustain its damage, in order to have it all the time up.
For that purpose, i've came up with this skill tree, which i am not sure about, given i've never even went above level 40.

Current equip (which i will update regularly!):

Spoiler

Equip i'm considering:

Spoiler

As for which skills i'm currently using/plan on using, there are only few, and any suggestion is more than welcome.
As of now, i use righteous fire with increased area of effect, leapslam for mobility, vitality and clarity to keep up respectively righteous fire and the leapslam spam, and glacial hammer/lightning strike with increased physical damage and increased fire damage for the meelee dps on one target, ice crash on groups of mobs.

Update 1: trying springleaf, for the sake of completion, reached dominus.

Update 2: Started merciless, updated equip and skilltree. Malachai was though, but i managed to facetank him all the way through.

Any suggestion is really appreciated, thank you :)
Last edited by Wardener on Jul 20, 2015, 4:22:57 AM
Holder
Holder
I'm not sure that specing ONLY into the strength aspect would be wise. Here's a suggested passive tree that MIGHT work out a little better for you. http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAA3UEswYOBjkJqgn2DF8NfA3NFVAWbxcvGNcZLho4GmwcpxzOHNwfAiSqJLAnLyftKPopTytQLKYyNDQKNsU26TdmN4M62DwFPQ9DY0PIRZ1G108ET31RYFNSU6VXKVeUV8lYd1ugXwRj_WaeaPJxTXGFcg965nwOfEt8u331gFaApIGvgpuCx4dli4yMdpBVkSuWdJitmjuaz5rgna6ePJ_fogCm66cIp1Wtja-nr7exBbFCtoa3MbiTuNDAZsCaxBXE9sauz37UfNWm2CTZYdn82jraueFz42rquuvu7DjtIO0873zwH_MG8xH53fno-tL7qv5U

I have so much mana regen because I'm sure you will be running lot's of Auras.
HP regen because RF (If your fire resist gets cursed)
Fire resist and damage because RF
Increased damage vs ignited because RF

This is planning for a good, tanky, 1 hand mace/shield Templar with fairly high armor, resistances, hp, AND DPS from RF. I'd probably run with a Decoy totem in my pocket, just in case, as well as Searing Bonds for when you NEED the extra DPS *Cough*Dominus*Cough*

The only things this passive tree doesn't give a lot of is mace damage, Dexterity, and Chaos resist. You'll have to itemize for the latter since Cruel and Merciless are ridiculously strong with Chaos damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info