Will we see actual reaction rewarding skills in the future?

Lol, after the desync QQ we will get lockstep QQ anyways. Why make it worse with skills that are balanced around it?
I would like to have a skill like the rock golem's to where you can roll over enemies...kind of like cyclone but with a different spin.
Chris did hint to phase run making a reappearance a while back. wonder how that is gonna look.
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
Last edited by creampuffed4u on Jun 25, 2015, 10:59:01 AM
"
creampuffed4u wrote:
I would like to have a skill like the rock golem's to where you can roll over enemies...kind of like cyclone but with a different spin.
Chris did hint to phase run making a reappearance a while back. wonder how that is gonna look.

You do realize the rolling over skill is whirling blades, right?
I think they could pull it off. I know lockstep is the second coming of Jesus and all but have you tried predictive mode in beta? It got so much better I barely ever desync and if I do I get resynced almost immediately. So I think even with people who use predictive mode such reaction skills could be implemented imo.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
creampuffed4u wrote:

Phase Run is 100% confirmed about coming back. It was said in one of the announcements a few months ago, and back when beta began and Chris was doing the beta key giveaways in global chat, one of the questions he asked was, "Which old skill is making a comeback in The Awakening?" (I forget the exact question but close enough. The answer was Phase Run, and this whole conversation was posted somewhere here on the forums. So WOO, Phase Run!
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
I think this is mostly a question of what direction they want to take the game. To play POE you need a mixture of two things:
a) a certain reaction speed, correct button mashing skills (every real-time non-turn-based game needs this)
b) some abstract design/ math skills to put together a good build, make decent choices on the skill tree, choose an appropriate collection of gems and char equipment that works well with it
A typical ego shooter is practically all a), a turn based RPG is all b), POE, like most games in the genre, is somewhere inbetween.
They can take the game more into one of the directions, and there will always be players favoring one over the other, the OP wants more a), personally I prefer more b). I have the general impression that the developers are fairly happy where they are.
I enjoy theorycrafting as much as the next guy, i have filled my 24 character slots in doing so.

That being said, i feel like that the focus has been on b) a lot more than on a) for a long time, which is still fine, but i would like to actually see some skills that reward precision in execution.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Now that lockstep mode is being introduced it is definitely my hope that we will start to see more of this in the future. For now all I can do is cross my fingers.

However, I think even if they introduced such a thing, most people wouldn't use it. It is faster and easier to carpet bomb everything.

True but all GGG need do is increase the rewards (better quality drops) for taking the time to learn/use timing skills. If the rewards were a better match for the content difficulty then incentivizing a particular playing style would get us to use it. I'd play more tank melee builds if the rewards for face tanking mobs were better than ranged attacks. GGG needs to (must do for future success) do a much better job with the "carrot and stick" psychology of playing this arpg to get us to want to play more challenging builds. If carpet bombing, shotgunning, insta-freezing whole screen, etc. has the same chance of a great reward as a melee face tanking a mob then there is very little reason (PoE masochists will play melee more than ranged) to want to play that build.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
"
creampuffed4u wrote:

Phase Run is 100% confirmed about coming back. It was said in one of the announcements a few months ago, and back when beta began and Chris was doing the beta key giveaways in global chat, one of the questions he asked was, "Which old skill is making a comeback in The Awakening?" (I forget the exact question but close enough. The answer was Phase Run, and this whole conversation was posted somewhere here on the forums. So WOO, Phase Run!

phase run has been 100% confirmed to come back for the past 2 years. what else is new

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info