Is it finally over??

"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Mikekowa wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:
There will also never be a Barry Sanders again.

Someone better and more elusive than Barry Sanders will come around. It's just the nature of sports. Always has been and always will be. And I'm not disrespecting Barry, IMO he's the second greatest Runner of all time, behind only Sweetness. But remember, even with all his accolades and greatness, he still had his faults. Most lost yards on runs in NFL history.

I just said that there will never be a Barry Sanders again. And i doubt that in this pass-happy times there will be another one coming soon. What i really wanted to say: Everyone and everything has his/her or it's time. Besides the fact that i think that Barry was and is the greatest Running back of all times. ;)

@Charan: The "hate" you communicate here comes along with a grain of humor. The "hate" people spread when they talk about certain things like games, game-philosophies or companies is the real thing. Real hate. Offending others, blaming others, unrationally. And yeah, that is the point when i am out. Nothing against a happy-slapping forum-battle. But if a preference is taken to offend somebody, something goes wrong. Short: If you hate gorgonzola: fine. But if you start saying that everyone who loves gorgo is an idiot, we are in trouble.

@Hackusations: The Phantom Menace: 1999. The Force Awakens: 2015. You still can hit on that piece of trash (with some real cool combat nevertheless). Or you can move on and celebrate that next big thing that will be better than Star Wars I. It must be better, because worse than Phantom Menace means Uwe Boll. All your arguments base on the start and vanilla-version of D3. I agree. It was a shitty thing (in most parts). But now is 2015. ROS brought some good changes and the good changes continue.

And btw.:

"
Take away the Blizzard and Diablo labels and the game would have never been on the radar. It would have been some mid-level rated game on steam that less than a million people would have played.

Without D3 being so ... meh, POE would have had a much harder start, i would say. The void left by D3 failing definitely helped POE a lot.

Besides: This argument never got me. What does it say? And what does this mean regarding the big selling numbers of ROS?

I think you assume that people always use hate in that way. I didn't REALLY hate D3, but many people did. That was kind of clear from the Metacritic user reviews.

Just because you're tired of hearing about gaming companies "milking" gamers doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Pretending Blizzard is exempt from that is silly as well.

Consider that in World of Warcraft, they introduced paid level 90 characters, which they said they would never do. Considering they offer mounts in the store that you can buy with real life money, and sell for gold, which they said they would never do. When you start breaking the own rules that you've made to make a profit, then you're milking your playerbase.

Hate isn't always irrational, like you claim it is. Hating a serial killer is quite rational, as is hating someone that betrays you. It would be irrational to be okay with things like that.
"
Ixoziel wrote:

I think you assume that people always use hate in that way. I didn't REALLY hate D3, but many people did. That was kind of clear from the Metacritic user reviews.

Just because you're tired of hearing about gaming companies "milking" gamers doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Pretending Blizzard is exempt from that is silly as well.

Consider that in World of Warcraft, they introduced paid level 90 characters, which they said they would never do. Considering they offer mounts in the store that you can buy with real life money, and sell for gold, which they said they would never do. When you start breaking the own rules that you've made to make a profit, then you're milking your playerbase.

Hate isn't always irrational, like you claim it is. Hating a serial killer is quite rational, as is hating someone that betrays you. It would be irrational to be okay with things like that.

At least read what i type: I don't like to discuss with people who hate on people playing different things than they like. I have no problem with people hating D3 (even if i believe that this is just childish bullshit). But i don't want to be called anything just because i like D3. That's it. And in this forum, this kind of hate sometimes rages around. And i hate it. It is narrow-minded, dumb and unsocial. And please don't call me silly. I don't call you idiot either.

Blizzard is one of the finest big-player-companies in the gaming world imo. You can debate as you want. It is my point of view. See? You did not make it without insulting. And i don't give a fuck about WoW. Am i silly? Maybe. But that is not your job to declare.

And regarding your definition of "milking": Stop that "but they promised!" argument. Because if you don't do that, even GGG is a farmer regarding milking their customers. Man, companies have to do business decisions. The gaming-industry is not different. Why the heck do some people think that it is?

Anyways; Let us see how GGG is acting when they have POE, POE2, POE3, Pathstone, Heroes of Wraeclast, World of Wraeclast and other shit out there AND expectations of millions of players go through the roof.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.

D3 is love, D3 is life.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
The Diablo franchise died for me when Deckard Cain died.

Beyond that, i have nothing more to add to the discussion.

spoiler alert i mean what the fuck

Jaws is a Shark.
Darth Vada is Lukes Fasha
Theres a bomb on your bus.. cant go under 50.
Simbas Father Dies ... Simbas Uncle Dies.... Simba Dies.

Now if you want a reaaaaaaaal spoiler..

Game of Thrones SPOILER INCOMING

Spoiler
Jon Snow has died.
At the end of Die Hard, it turns out Brad Pitt was a ghost all along.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info