[2.2 Theory] "Crusader" Slayer/Gladiator Crit 2H Sword by fiqst

I don't understand why you take RT if it's supposed to be a crit build, idk if you spec out of it later and it's only for leveling or I'm just confused.
Never mind, I see it now. As soon as you wanted you just spec'd out of RT and went to the right for the crit. Makes sense, sorry haha.
"
Tuckz wrote:
The blood rage is only there for the increased duration I think. You are supposed to cast it yourself.

Yep, and as this gem levels up the duration on it increases, and it also resets the timer when you do damage, so it's easy to pre-cast and then keep it up as long as you keep doing damage. At level 63 as long as I do damage every 10 seconds I never have to re-cast it again.
actually nvm, i saw you answered my question in this thread already. What do you guys do to sustain off mana when you don't have acuity?
Last edited by Moemed on Jul 27, 2015, 4:06:00 PM
Hey Fiqst,

I started leveling up this char recently since I like your builds and wanted to give it a shot (tried vulcan and cyclonus in the past). What gem would you suggest dropping for a 5l setup for ice crash?
I don't advise newcomers to use that build, it's extremely fragile and only viable with really GG items and good group, also lvl 85+.

You should add some videos of your mapping.
I pretty much disagree categorically with everything you said... I didn't die until well into my 70s. I'm not running the Abyssus yet, obviously that will damage your survivability if you get it immediately. The only expensive item I'm running is Maligaro's that I happened to self find. With them unequipped I hit around 20k DPS which is more than sufficient to clear up to at least level 75 maps. Even before making the switch to crit around level 80 I was doing a solid 15-20k DPS with Resolute Technique.

I strongly recommend dropping Abyssus, taking unwavering stance and Life and Armor next to Warrior's Blood rather than going up to Thick Skin if you are having issues (which also makes starting marauder an option). Also obviously use fortify instead of increased critical or hypothermia.

Before switching to Maligaro's for more damage I had 5200 HP, down to 4700 now. 39% damage reduction with armor (61% with a surgeon's granite flask which is always up) 3 endurance charges and CWDT IC. Looking forward to having my Enlighten hit level 2 so I can start prolif'ing freezes as well for even more safety.

You don't appear to even have a duelist character that I can see or I'd try and spot what you're doing wrong.

Moemed, drop hypothermia in a 5 link. Also a .70%+ mana leech neck is vital for sustaining mana. I got mine for 2c, just int, mana leech and some rarity. I also run Rallying cry because I group with a ranger and am very tanky and would prefer not to chase those mutewind guys all over the map, it adds mana regen and damage.

Edit: forgot to mention that fusings hate me, I'm hitting 50k DPS with onslaught power charges frenzy charges and prismweave active on a 4 link and using fortify instead of increased crits. Really looking forward to a 5 link.

Last edited by Errantchild on Jul 30, 2015, 1:30:09 AM
"
Errantchild wrote:
I pretty much disagree categorically with everything you said... I didn't die until well into my 70s. I'm not running the Abyssus yet, obviously that will damage your survivability if you get it immediately. The only expensive item I'm running is Maligaro's that I happened to self find. With them unequipped I hit around 20k DPS which is more than sufficient to clear up to at least level 75 maps. Even before making the switch to crit around level 80 I was doing a solid 15-20k DPS with Resolute Technique.

I strongly recommend dropping Abyssus, taking unwavering stance and Life and Armor next to Warrior's Blood rather than going up to Thick Skin if you are having issues (which also makes starting marauder an option). Also obviously use fortify instead of increased critical or hypothermia.

Before switching to Maligaro's for more damage I had 5200 HP, down to 4700 now. 39% damage reduction with armor (61% with a surgeon's granite flask which is always up) 3 endurance charges and CWDT IC. Looking forward to having my Enlighten hit level 2 so I can start prolif'ing freezes as well for even more safety.

You don't appear to even have a duelist character that I can see or I'd try and spot what you're doing wrong.

Moemed, drop hypothermia in a 5 link. Also a .70%+ mana leech neck is vital for sustaining mana. I got mine for 2c, just int, mana leech and some rarity. I also run Rallying cry because I group with a ranger and am very tanky and would prefer not to chase those mutewind guys all over the map, it adds mana regen and damage.

Edit: forgot to mention that fusings hate me, I'm hitting 50k DPS with onslaught power charges frenzy charges and prismweave active on a 4 link and using fortify instead of increased crits. Really looking forward to a 5 link.

First things first.

His "build" is critical based and abyssus is a almost a must have..., if you're running RT then you're not even on that build just to start, you're just a hyped user of Ice Crash.

If you used the talents he say you should pick, you would know that the build dont have that great survivability.

What duelist character has to do with it? Our skill tree is shared between all classes and you can do very similar builds with diferente characters.

And no, i didn't tested this build on my account.

I really think you should try to make more end-game maps before talking shit in the forum, 75 maps are just the beginning of real game.

I was giving a advise for newcomers, this is not a build for new people that randomly chose something in the forum, it require a good experience before using it, otherwise you'll die and won't know even why. Also, his guide is very messy.
Last edited by xdzinrsd on Aug 2, 2015, 7:15:58 PM
"
xdzinrsd wrote:

First things first.

His "build" is critical based and abyssus is a almost a must have..., if you're running RT then you're not even on that build just to start, you're just a hyped user of Ice Crash.

Go reread the "Easy Leveling" spoiler at the bottom of the OP. The build begins with RT and converts to crit / abyssus later when you have the gear and defenses to use it.

"

If you used the talents he say you should pick, you would know that the build dont have that great survivability.

I didn't find that to be the case. Having actually played the build I found it to be one of the smoothest and sturdiest characters I've played to date. Obviously its not as tanky as a 12k HP RF character or a max block characters, but its definitely not flimsy either. And you don't see them pulling 87k DPS (highest I've seen for myself with charges and procs but no vaal haste or atziri's).

"

What duelist character has to do with it? Our skill tree is shared between all classes and you can do very similar builds with different characters.

And no, I didn't tested this build on my account.
I really think you should try to make more end-game maps before talking shit in the forum, 75 maps are just the beginning of real game.

This is my bad, I thought you were speaking from a position of experience. It was silly of me to think you'd actually try out the build before trashing it and also incredibly rude of me to try and help you.

I also like how you tell me that I'm a new and inexperienced player for basing my experience on level ~75 maps, while at the same time saying this build is bad for new players. What do I know, I only played the build. Its been the smoothest and honestly most enjoyable 1-80 experience I've had in about a dozen 70+ characters since I've been playing. As for shit talking, disagreeing with your opinion is shit talking? I've tried to help people with questions or problems with the build. I thought you were one of those people. Turns out you like telling people not to play a build when you haven't even tried it.
"
fiqst wrote:
Thanks for doing the testing, i appreciate it.

Please post your current tree if you can do people can see.

We don't need to take specific sword nodes until level 60 or so, so you can add the powerful Geoffrey's baptism to that list.

I am considering taking up unwavering. 2h's have zero defenses so it makes sense, especially if it only costs 4 points

Current tree:

I don't have high accuracy on my gear yet so I prioritized the accuracy nodes, currently finishing up assassination and then heartseeker. I've found that I hit so hard that everything including bosses gets frozen or at the very least stunned so unwavering stance has been less of a priority so far. I think I'll still pick it up super late game after heartseeker, if I get that far, for 'monsters can't be stunned' maps. I'll never make it to 100 but hypothetically I'd take the Soul of Steel cluster afterwards for the extra armor and 4% additional damage reduction. Maybe when I get my accuracy sorted out I'll drop the Slashing Comeback cluster for it.
Current gear:

Spoiler

I also have a very high armor, 99 life, rarity, int helmet to swap with Abyssus in case I feel I need to be more defensive. Running a surgeons granite of ironskin and a 3rd healing potion instead of Atziri's promise for the extra defensiveness as well.

I don't have the links yet for flicker strike COH Assassin's mark so I'm still manually casting it. Fortify on Ice Crash for now and Blood magic because even with a .76% mana leech neck I wasn't leeching fast enough on single target. I think Blood Magic might be mandatory without Atziri's Acuity.

Flame dash with faster casting instead of faster attack leap slam for funsies. Also speeds up recasting golem (man I hate recasting golem. Wish they were like D3 henchmen and respawned after a few seconds or something).

Also, I don't think Elemental Proliferation on Hatred actually does anything (other than increase the mana reserved). I got the proliferation circles from Herald of Ash, but putting HoA in that 6th slot in my Doomsower bumps it from 15% to 25% additional physical added as fire which I found more useful. I've never seen proliferation circles for Hatred + Ele Prolif.

Next step is to 5+ link my armor and then upgrade my sword, but the free fire damage and aoe radius on Doomsower is really hard to give up.

Hitting 87k Ice Crash with Unholy Might Onslaught 4/4 Power 4/4 Frenzy and Taste of Hate.
Also note that all my gear can be acquired for very cheap even on the temp leagues with the exception of Maligaros (self found) and Taste of Hate (7ex). A good attack speed glove added physical glove can replace Maligaros and Atziri's Promise can replace Taste of Hate though it doesn't have the defensive applications.
Last edited by Errantchild on Aug 3, 2015, 12:46:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info