Bought Grim Dawn from Steam Sales! My second ever POE-Like Game :)

...And I am excited! Hear lots of good things about it.. it will of course NOT take place of Path but it shall keep me entertained until the middle of July ;)

Anyone else buy this game and can offer feedback before I start playing after work? I am technically a computer game noob and only play Path; I just really like the top-down view (Hate Guild Wars for comparison) so it shouldn't be too hard to grasp, eh?
POE is life. POE is ♥.
I got it before it was released. Its pretty fun. I havent played in awhile, im waiting for the game to be complete before i try again.

No real advice here. Although i seem to remember that health pots are pretty limited but that could have changed since i last played.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
hey- thanks for the heads up!
POE is life. POE is ♥.
From what I remember when i played it :

- Crafting mats are important, they will help you crafting substantial bonuses to put on your gear, and some of them are crazy good (like auras for example).
- Like Titan Quest it mostly goes around procs attacks.
- For some materials/items, the place where you're farming matters.
- End Game farming (it may have changed though) is about doing boss runs (there are several bosses, I won't spoil it for you) and there was one hard end game zone with various bosses in it too.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Jun 24, 2015, 9:55:46 AM
I bought it last year around this time. Found it pretty lackluster. Probably changed a lot since then, I keep hearing good about it.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
GooberM wrote:
I bought it last year around this time. Found it pretty lackluster. Probably changed a lot since then, I keep hearing good about it.

If you have not played for a year since the day you bought it or at least not played it for almost a year, then yes, Crate has added a lot more content to the game.

What has been added since you stopped playing

- Multiplayer
- Transmuter: It involves with the masteries, modifying some skills that open up new build opportunities by providing you with the choice of specializing a skill at the cost of some trade-offs.
- Arcanist mastery
- Caster Weapons
- B22: included some QoL like instanced loot for multiplayer, an expanded shared stash, auto-combining of partial components, weapon DPS comparisons, and some other stuffs that I cannot remember.
- Act 3: level cap is now at 50
- Revamped Faction System: You can now do faction quests aka bounties to further increase the reputation from the faction you got the bounty from, which gives you an opportunity to buy better exclusive items at higher reputation. Of course, if you have a faction that reaches nemesis reputation (the opposite of good), and you enter their territory, there is a chance that the faction will spawn nemesis mobs, which are deadly bosses. They have a chance of dropping really good loots, and have a chance of dropping rare blueprints.

What will be added in future build(s)

- Act 4
- Devotion System: Another form of customization to make your build even more unique, of course the true details have still not been disclosed yet.
- Shaman mastery: Surprisingly, Arcanist was supposed to be the last mastery at full release, but it looks like Crate is able to push in another mastery before or at full release. There are already some gears that has skills pointing toward the new mastery.
- Legendary items: Appears from level 50 and above, and is the highest item tier.
- and more stuff that Crate has as a surprise possibly.

Crate is aiming for full release toward the end of the year, around October/November, and so far they have been making a lot of progress ever since they hired former Diablo and Diablo 2 designer, Eric Sexton, about a few months back. Crate just made an announcement about him being officially hired a few weeks back. I am crossing my fingers that Crate can finish this year, and be able to add in what is left and more along with optimizing the game.

I would just wait out until November, when there is a high possibility that Grim Dawn will be done by then. I know I will wait until then like I been doing since it first came out around May 2013.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 25, 2015, 7:35:29 AM
hmm, maybe i should just put the game on hold until then, then.. i do like full games..
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
...Like Titan Quest...

And that's far from a bad thing.

Agreed ! It took me a short while to get used to it again after all that PoE nuking AoE gameplay, but in the end it felt better overall. What I really liked also is how you can therefore focus on specing in many little procs instead of scaling your only one giant missile you'd spam on ennemies.

"
hmm, maybe i should just put the game on hold until then, then.. i do like full games..

It may be unfinished but it doesn't have that "to be continued" feeling to be honest.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Jun 26, 2015, 3:37:50 AM
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

It may be unfinished but it doesn't have that "to be continued" feeling to be honest.

I think because there is a lot of 'mid game' focus in other words stuff you can do mid game and don't have to wait till the campaign is complete to do.
Last edited by Kavlor on Jun 27, 2015, 1:53:28 AM
Looks like Crate released a small sneak peek of the new Shaman mastery that will come out for B27.

link: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23371
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info