What have you been playing lately?

"
I'm more of an Ohtsuka fan, thanks. :)

But I'll take your advice on board regarding the divergence.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the love triangle that permeates the Witcher series either. The fluff is a bit over the top.

However, if you work around that the tale of the witchers themselves and the war-torn state of the world is quite well written. It's rather grim, as you'd expect.

As far as the gameplay goes one of the things I enjoy about the games quite a bit is the random hunting aspect. That's especially good in the 3rd game. I turn of all the waypoint markers and just roam around. It really enhances the depth and size of the world.
Nachos? Yes.
Too much time on my hands:

Batman arkham asylum
The book of unwritten tales 1, 2, the critters tale
The dark eye chains of satinav
Dark souls 1, 2
Dishonored
DMC
Gothic 1, 2
Fallout 3, new vegas
Warbands
I love the shit out of both MH and Dragons crown.
Probably the best thing about DC is that the artist who did all of the character art made this hilarious picture of the Dwarf after he got all the flak for the "oversexualized and sexist nature of the Amazon and Witch". What the people apparently didn't realize that all the characters except really the wizard and elf are caricaturesque. If I wasn't at work I'd find the Image and provide a link because it is seriously hilarious.

In regards to Summoners war; Do you think it would be a good download for someone who loved the hell out of the Monster Rancher series? Can't take too much of a gander as I'm at work, but if it's a monster raising sim that has multiplayer aspects not only will I probably play it but I have a friend who will play it.

_________

The idea of Looking at HoTS as something other than a MoBA is one I can not get behind. This would effectively be implying they did the exact same thing with HoTS that they Did with Diablo 3 and that's market it incorrectly. They are marketing HoTS as a MOBA and as such it must fall under the scrutiny of what makes a good MOBA. In that regard they made one thats barely up to scratch as its so simplified. It's a decent game over-all and I will not say it isnt, but I have no love for games that use nostalgia as a selling point without having a really good core. Again, basically the D3 treatment as it's super dumbed down.
However, as I said earlier it isn't a bad game, and it has its good things. I personally use HoTS to work on my Map awareness and objective control since thats basically the entire game but for when I want an in-depth strategic experience I play League with friends.
D3 PTR 2.3!!!!! aka Lord of Destruction 2

"
New Zone: Ruins of Sescheron

In Patch 2.3.0, the frozen wasteland that is the Ruins of Sescheron will open for exploration. Here you’ll face off against strange new enemies and perilous environmental hazards, all while unearthing new mysteries from the lore of the mighty Barbarians. Those brave enough to make it through in one piece will discover curious new points of interest, including the lost Tomb of King Kanai and his ultimate treasure—Kanai’s Cube.

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jun 30, 2015, 11:03:53 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:

"

In Patch 2.3.0, the frozen wasteland that is the Ruins of Sescheron will open for exploration. Here you’ll face off against strange new enemies and perilous environmental hazards, all while unearthing new mysteries from the lore of the mighty Barbarians. Those brave enough to make it through in one piece will discover curious new points of interest, including the lost Tomb of King Kanai and his ultimate treasure—Kanai’s Cube.

Meh, I played through RoS and was glad when I finished the story. Can't really be arsed to pick it up again without a major update.

I played infamous Second Son the other day. Not as good as the first and the 'parkour' is very bad. But was a nice change.

I also got Batman Arkham Knight for the PS4. I don't trust the developer to get the up to snuff after the PoS state it shipped for the PC. That's why I got it for he PS4.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

"

Meh, I played through RoS and was glad when I finished the story. Can't really be arsed to pick it up again without a major update.

I played infamous Second Son the other day. Not as good as the first and the 'parkour' is very bad. But was a nice change.

I also got Batman Arkham Knight for the PS4. I don't trust the developer to get the up to snuff after the PoS state it shipped for the PC. That's why I got it for he PS4.

RoS has a story? ;)

This update is bigger than any that have come before it.
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 1, 2015, 3:47:14 AM
"
TheWretch wrote:

RoS has a story? ;)

The patch is bigger that the RoS expansion?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

RoS has a story? ;)

The patch is bigger that the RoS expansion?

You said it yourself, RoS was an expansion. This is bigger than the 2.0 update which was massive.
I wish Dragon's Crown was on PC, Charan. I want to try it.

I just was screwing around in Darkest Dungeon. That game has some flaws but I really like it. Great concept and I love the aesthetic. It is one I shall certainly follow as it nears its release.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Been playing a little PoE on the Live realm. Man! Whatta difference from the 2.0 Beta!

So weird to experience desync, anymore! Gotta say, the pacing decisions were the right move, too. Acts I-III just drag, without the changes. =@[.]@=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info