How does Ice Crash Feel vs Cyclon @beta?

Has anyone tried any Ice Crash builds ? how is it compared with cyclone's ? I just see lots of Cyclone builds/guides here, but 0 ice crash's
I am playing 2h Ice Crash in Beta right now. Level 73, gona push for 80+ this Weekend and see if i can test a few more things.

Ice Crash right now is great, with only a 4L and pretty bad gear i still one hit most trash packs in maps and need 3-4 hits for the blue packs.
Right now i am not very happy with my survivability vs. map bosses, but i am not using fortify yet, so this will get better once i get a 5L.

Cant really compare to cyclone since i havent played a real cyclone build yet. For me cyclone always felt quite slow, even thou i know it is not :)

I imagine there are no Ice Crash builds here since most people believe it will be nerfed before The Awakening hits the live servers and they dont want to waste theire time writing a guide which will not work on live.

Anyway, if Ice Crash stays like it is it will be the build i will use on live. With Lockstep its finaly good fun to play a Melee Char :)
Everyone is waiting for the release of the Awakening before creating ice crash guides.

It's hard to test the end game with ice crash since there's no trading in the beta and finding the right gear is difficult. Also, the beta changes week to week so theory crafting is hard.

Personally, i really like ice crash and if it stays at the current state, i look forward to making some guides with it.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I actually googled this subject to find the same answer. I am currently level 68 and levled up to this point using only Ice Crash. At level 67 (yes, a single level lower than my current) I decided to just put in a level 9 Cyclone gem and see how it was. I had Ice Crash on a 5L, so I swapped out Fast Attacks for Cyclone and Ice Crash for Fortify/End Charge on Stun (just to try both). I honestly can't tell which is better. Even after spec'ing for Ice Crash, and literally just putting in Cyclone for kicks, they both feel just as strong. With +40% mana regen and +2 mana on hit I have zero issues sustaining Cyclone on mana. Which means no blood magic, which means another support gem to augment the skill.

They're both stupid strong right now. I had better gear and 10 more levels on a lightning caster witch and my melee marauder is already stronger than she was in terms of dps, life, and sustainability.

Edit: I should note that I'm doing a no-crit setup. So 100% accuracy with no crits ever. Even without crits I'm 1-shotting mobs (magic and normal) with ice crash and they melt just as fast with Cyclone. It's scary to think how much damage a proper crit build could pump out.
He who does not do x will never accomplish y.
Last edited by PHxLoki on Jun 26, 2015, 5:42:02 AM
@Minstrelshadrak
"
PHxLoki wrote:
I actually googled this subject to find the same answer. I am currently level 68 and levled up to this point using only Ice Crash. At level 67 (yes, a single level lower than my current) I decided to just put in a level 9 Cyclone gem and see how it was. I had Ice Crash on a 5L, so I swapped out Fast Attacks for Cyclone and Ice Crash for Fortify/End Charge on Stun (just to try both). I honestly can't tell which is better. Even after spec'ing for Ice Crash, and literally just putting in Cyclone for kicks, they both feel just as strong. With +40% mana regen and +2 mana on hit I have zero issues sustaining Cyclone on mana. Which means no blood magic, which means another support gem to augment the skill.

They're both stupid strong right now. I had better gear and 10 more levels on a lightning caster witch and my melee marauder is already stronger than she was in terms of dps, life, and sustainability.

Edit: I should note that I'm doing a no-crit setup. So 100% accuracy with no crits ever. Even without crits I'm 1-shotting mobs (magic and normal) with ice crash and they melt just as fast with Cyclone. It's scary to think how much damage a proper crit build could pump out.

You want to link cyclone to BM, or use BM keystone. You will have problems with it later, if you are just not oblivious to it now. Stopping for 1 second is the difference between an immortal life leeching swirl of death and a stunned, helpless character about to be a corpse.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info