Infinite loading screen only in act 3 sewers

I will try with the space, also what does gc 2 do?

Does it make your graphics lower?

Edit: adding the space doesn't seem to help either, I won't be able to do the memory check thing until about 2 days later as I'm flying from the UK back to NZ tonight.
Last edited by skrcrw on Jun 22, 2015, 11:32:22 AM
gc 2 means to collect the garbage in memory after 2 generations.

This means that objects get cleaned up sooner.

Things in a garbage collection system go into RAM and they live for a certain number of "generations" past when they were last used. When an item is accessed, it's "generation" is incremented. The Garbage Collection system comes through and cleans up all the remaining objects that are older than the most current generation minus the value... 2 in this case.

So if you're on generation 6, it will clean up any object that has a generation marker of 4 or less.

It is a way to try to get things out of RAM sooner to make space... it is more useful to people who have lower RAM and thus need to get rid of the old stuff faster. Keep in mind that this makes performance overall worse as you're loading and unloading assets more often. If something is requested that already exists in RAM, it doesn't need to load it from disk again. If you're constantly clearing things out, it makes them have to be reloaded more often when they're used.

If you get an infinite loading screen, try ALT+TABbing and see if there is an error message being hidden by the game.
Just tried going into sewers again and it worked.
Last edited by skrcrw on Jun 24, 2015, 7:17:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info