How Will Characters be Ported to 2.0?

Our exiles will appear out of nowhere instantly in PoE 2.0... no wait... that's what the monsters do now in PoE 1.3.x. My bad. I am suffering from brain desync syndrome.

PoE 2.0 will not be any different from any other major patch that includes a new passive tree. All our builds will keep their gear, we keep what's in our stash, and we will get a full respec and will need to re-allocate all passive tree points. That will be great time to respec to a new build.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 Our exiles will appear out of nowhere instantly in PoE 2.0... no wait... that's what the monsters do now in PoE 1.3.x. My bad. I am suffering from brain desync syndrome.

Hopefully lockstep will fix that then. ;)

"
Arrowneous wrote:
 PoE 2.0 will not be any different from any other major patch that includes a new passive tree. All our builds will keep their gear, we keep what's in our stash, and we will get a full respec and will need to re-allocate all passive tree points. That will be great time to respec to a new build.

Normally, I'd agree with this, but I think this patch IS different from any other major patch, so the question is more valid this time. As far as I know, this is the first time a new act has been introduced without being accompanied by a wipe, so there isn't really a precedent for how that will be handled. There will be a lot of new quests and even for the existing ones, some of the rewards have changed quite a bit. There's a lot more going on this time than just the usual changes to the skill tree.
In both open and closed beta, content was added without a wipe - it's not an entire act (a third of A3, for example), but the volume doesn't matter one bit because the principle is exactly the same. Since forever, Quest rewards have been changed without a wipe.

Your character remains exactly the same as it always was, you just have new quests to complete.

Yes, there's more going on. That doesn't actually matter, because it's more of what already exists.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
In both open and closed beta, content was added without a wipe - it's not an entire act (a third of A3, for example), but the volume doesn't matter one bit because the principle is exactly the same. Since forever, Quest rewards have been changed without a wipe.

Your character remains exactly the same as it always was, you just have new quests to complete.

Yes, there's more going on. That doesn't actually matter, because it's more of what already exists.

even though adding an entire new act without a wipe, hasn't been done before - I agree that's not something to be worried about.

what IS something to be worried about though, is the way existing quests, waypoints, even whole areas got added/erased/changed.
can it be done without a wipe of the Live Realm?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

even though adding an entire new act without a wipe, hasn't been done before - I agree that's not something to be worried about.

what IS something to be worried about though, is the way existing quests, waypoints, even whole areas got added/erased/changed.

Answer: Yes
Hi guys, sorry for the disturb, but I've started playing only a few days ago, so I don't get 100% of what you are talking about, and I have a quick question.
Should I play peacefully or wait for this "expansion"?
"
EdwardLions wrote:
Hi guys, sorry for the disturb, but I've started playing only a few days ago, so I don't get 100% of what you are talking about, and I have a quick question.

You can play as much as you want to play. When the expansion hits you just patch the game and play in act 4 if youre there by then.
mmm full respec, best time of the year... :D
d:-D*
"
EdwardLions wrote:

If you've just started, you should probably expect that you'll end up starting over with new characters several times anyway until you learn how the game works and how to build them properly. So might as well play a bit now, learn what you can before the expansion, and then be ready to start fresh in the new challenge leagues.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Don't see whats to worry about, it should all be pretty straightforward.

waypoint wiped? you no longer have it.
waypoint added? you go find it.
area erased? you can't go there anymore.
new area added? you can (maybe after quest) go there now.
quest reward changed? aside from bandits if you have already completed it you keep your current reward, if you haven't completed it you get the new reward. Done plenty of times already thoughout poe history as minor quest rewards change over time (mostly to accommodate new gems).

straight forward answers mostly, the only real question would be around bandit rewards but that doesn't normally reset with the tree resets. they have added new areas several times since closed beta.
Last edited by Asmosis on Jun 27, 2015, 1:58:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info