Who/what/where is Kalandra?

So there's this Mirror of Kalandra, rarest item in the game. But I can't find any information about Kalandra, neither on the wiki, nor on the forums.

Outside of PoE it's a small town on Kassandra, the westernmost peninsula of Chalkidiki, Greece. And Záviš Kalandra was a Czechoslovak historian and theorist of literature executed by Communists on charges of conspiracy and treason.

But... is there anything in PoE's lore?.. I'm curious..
"There are worlds that lie beyond the edge of my page, the edge of my understanding. Worlds of wonder. Worlds of terror." Aramil - Cartographer to Emperor Chitus

2018 Fan Art Contest Top 20: view-thread/2186731 ||| 2014 T-Shirt Contest Winner: view-thread/759460 ||| "Lost Worlds" Div Card Creator
Last edited by Aramil on Jun 18, 2015, 11:11:29 AM
Last bumped on Feb 28, 2017, 6:50:48 PM
Asking myself the same question, didnt find anything so far
Like you said there is no reliable information about a Kalandra even outisde of PoE related information.

But I can make a guess about who she is by using the only thing we got as proof: the mirror of kalandra itself.

(Conspiracy theory incoming) The item resembles the path of exile logo. Wraeclast is a cursed continent where even dreams can take shape. Dominus famous line: "This world is an illusion, exile". Maybe the whole world of Wraeclast is a twisted reflection of something else.
And Kalandra was the one that make this world, the prime maker of Wraeclast.
Probably a final boss
"
MANGUERA wrote:
Like you said there is no reliable information about a Kalandra even outisde of PoE related information.

But I can make a guess about who she is by using the only thing we got as proof: the mirror of kalandra itself.

(Conspiracy theory incoming) The item resembles the path of exile logo. Wraeclast is a cursed continent where even dreams can take shape. Dominus famous line: "This world is an illusion, exile". Maybe the whole world of Wraeclast is a twisted reflection of something else.
And Kalandra was the one that make this world, the prime maker of Wraeclast.

id rather say the...stuff dominus comes out in his second form is the twisted reflection
"
Aramil wrote:
So there's this Mirror of Kalandra, rarest item in the game. But I can't find any information about Kalandra, neither on the wiki, nor on the forums.

rare, but by far not the rarest ;)
Kalandra is you... and all of PoE is a dream.
"
peyfuz wrote:
"
Aramil wrote:

im assuming youre talking about sots here
"
peyfuz wrote:
"
Aramil wrote:

Probably depends on how you define "item" here. A specific rare with precisely defined mods will be more rare, but if you count all rare harbinger bows as the same thing, then mirrors may well be the rarest.
"
"
peyfuz wrote:
"
Aramil wrote:

im assuming youre talking about sots here

Nah... he's talking about a rare with specific mods and specific rolls for those mods. Such an item, described randomly, is essentially so rare as to be non-existent.

Jinx!
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jun 18, 2015, 1:57:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info