[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

hey nice guide! do you think blood dance can fit in this build? maybe we should be able to sustain the degen from blood rage for free frenzy charge
"
Ghismo wrote:
hey nice guide! do you think blood dance can fit in this build? maybe we should be able to sustain the degen from blood rage for free frenzy charge

you can get 3.6% regen from tree fairly easy and thats enough to nullify degen with 3 endurance charges up (enduring cry grants up to 394 liferegen on usage with lvl20). Fragile Bloom Jewel is another option if you dont want to use enduring cry (grants 2% life regen and 10% incr. dmg taken).
If you want to give up goldwyrm(sundance? lol) or a nice rare, blood dance for sure work very well.
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
"
0Nemesis wrote:
Can you post some cool jewel you've rolled?
Just to make the hype bigger.

By the way jewels emprove poison arrow tree by a ton thanks to Increase DoT / Chaos / Area.

I can't anymore since the character was wiped. But an important note on Jewel rolls, it's more important for you to have projectile damage on the jewel than anything else, since increased projectile damage will scale with slower projectiles' *more* modifier earlier in the calculation, and then get amplified again by Concentrated Effect.

For my money, you would need projectile damage, life, and two resistances on your jewel as a first priority so you can drop Cloth & Chain / Survivalist. Once your gear is tweaked fully, you can worry about getting additional damage.

(Projectile damage is the only damage prefix relevant to us, dot/chaos/area damage are all suffix rolls).

"
Ghismo wrote:

Thanks =)

But, Blood Dance defeats the point of running Goldwyrm, which is our higher priority. Besides, the degen off Blood Rage is almost eliminated with the regen we pick up off the tree. We end up only degenning like... 50 life per second. Blood Siphon does the rest of the work to eliminate the degen cost, then we just offset having no significant amount of regen by solid flask usage.

If you plan on running the build in Standard with an IIQ gem instead of IIR, then I'd be more willing to make that adjustment. But I always prioritize IIR.

If you take a look at this reddit topic and scroll down to Appendix A, then factor in that we will most often running maps with at least 20% IIQ, we get an effective 40/300 ratio, which puts us about in the sweet spot for getting a high percentage of rares and a decent percentage of uniques. Drop Goldwyrm and we pull ourselves out of that sweet spot.

Edit: All credit goes to Aelm starting on Page Three for helping me discover that balance.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 25, 2015, 4:58:41 PM
Heya Serleth! Some nice discussions going on in here. Super hyped for 2.0 and running PA!

I took the liberty to compile a stat summary, based on the tree.

Spoiler

Feel free to use the link in the mainpost if you like: http://imgur.com/f7XvGm3

Now, follow me into a (not so) distant future. Imagine a bow, which is pretty much cut for PA, is released. Something that equals +3 and +1 in terms of damage increase for our choice of active gem.

What would a level 15 pierce gem (54%) do combined with drillneck, and the early in the calculation of slower projectiles and the amplification of Conc effect?

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Lioneye%27s+Vision

7 link PA, the dream is real.
Note it's purely a dream from a guy browsing some 2.0 uniques. Haven't even made the math, nor do I know if the 15 pierce % works with drillneck.

PA Hype!
Last edited by hoeken on Jun 25, 2015, 5:22:26 PM
Hi mate

I would really love to follow your build would you be so kind and add more information about levelling in 1.3 so I can have this build ready when 2.0 come?

I have really no idea ho to level up fast and efficient (I know overall ideas just don't know what gems on what levels I should use etc) This discourage me a lot :(
"
hoeken wrote:
Something that equals +3 and +1 in terms of damage increase for our choice of active gem.

What would a level 15 pierce gem (54%) do combined with drillneck, and the early in the calculation of slower projectiles and the amplification of Conc effect?

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Lioneye%27s+Vision

The problem here is that with Lioneye's Vision, it's only socketed gems that receive the extra free link, so we would need to run PA in the chest in order to see the advantage. While socketing gems in the chest would benefit us while running Drillneck, because we're scaling our damage primarily off the gem level, it's less beneficial, though the extra link sounds supremely advantageous, it's actually not.

Presumably that bow wouldn't give us a global boost to our bow gem levels, so we would still need to socket into the bow and thus Lioneye's Vision becomes pointless. We see greater benefit from Carcass Jack thanks to the AoE / Area damage.

With the current list of gems available to us in terms of scaling the cloud damage, it's not an optimal choice. All we would gain is a free slot to run IIR without losing any pierce, but we would still lose roughly 6K damage by not having the +4 gems.

"
I would really love to follow your build would you be so kind and add more information about levelling in 1.3 so I can have this build ready when 2.0 come?

The levelling process in 1.3 really isn't all that different from what I've described so far in my 2.0 spoiler.

The central difference is that since Slower Proj in 1.3 does not add a Multiplicative Damage boost, you're better off using Faster Projectiles for now. That, and (again because of the damage difference), you will almost definitely need to wait until you have access to at least a +2 bow (ilvl 64) before switching to PA.

That "more" multiplier that exists on the Beta version of slower proj really does make *that* big a difference.

So yeah, in short:

Rustic Sash bows into Death's Harp, split arrow / t-shot (or your choice of bow skill) to level 64, then buy a cheap 5L +2 bow (or a regular 5L bow, and spend a few alts getting +2 yourself, it's not that expensive), then you can start running PA full time.

I would personally opt in 1.3 to just use Death's Harp all the way to 64, and then respec some points into Entropy / Corruption / Method to the Madness around that time. You will need at least two of those three clusters when you make the change, so either plan to level with those points invested and doing not a whole lot, or plan to spend some respec points.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 25, 2015, 7:56:06 PM
Dumb question incoming.

What's the skin of the bow you use in your atziri's run ?
No skin, MTX's aren't allowed in beta. Just the default Harbinger
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 25, 2015, 11:40:02 PM
Hehe, that change to map rolls and mods, yay! Since we can run many of the mods (except the no regen / BM) we will benefit from alot of quirky, difficult combos.

It gets better n better Ser!!
IGN: WildTortillaFart

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info