[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
LiucK wrote:
Do you think that a Greed's Embrace as chest is usable or you will lose too much defense/dps?

Is possible to wear a Greed's Embrace if you have the cluster of AOE from witch area, but is faster to go with a carcass jack (yeah, you have less rarity & quantity, but your clear speed is far superior, and you can not pick that AOE from witch area if you have carcass)

In my personal opinion, Carcass Jack > Rare chest with life and resist > Greed's Embrace.
"
LiucK wrote:
Do you think that a Greed's Embrace as chest is usable or you will lose too much defense/dps?

we literally discussed this 2 and 3 posts above yours.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
LiucK wrote:

It's wholly dependent on character level I think. I'd have to explore the tree a little bit more and see how many points we'd need to invest in order to be able to afford to drop Carcass Jack by pathing up into Witch again (which we deliberately avoided in order to be able to invest in Frenzy charges and resistance nodes on the tree), but I think once we get a level 4 Enlighten, it might be doable.

EDIT:

For a 9% reduction in life and one extra level, it's doable without sacrificing any Frenzy charges, but it would require otherwise optimized gear, level 4 Enlighten (to offset Charisma), and a GG resistance jewel to pull off. But it is doable to run Greed's Embrace by level 90 instead of Carcass Jack.

We selectively pull some life nodes out (hybrid life/es, wheel, 5% next to herbalism), spec out of Survivalist and Charisma, and we can do it.

But it does mean you have no hope of getting Acrobatics until 93, and Phase Acro until 97, at least not unless you're willing to sacrifice more life nodes.

The Greed's Embrace Tree
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 23, 2015, 6:11:49 PM
I dont get it... poison arrow is heavily dependent on the pys damage of the bow but this concentrates on the expensive +3 skills mods.. wouldnt it be cheaper concentrating on higher bow phys damage instead?
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
"
Xirgu wrote:
I dont get it... poison arrow is heavily dependent on the pys damage of the bow but this concentrates on the expensive +3 skills mods.. wouldnt it be cheaper concentrating on higher bow phys damage instead?

The initial impact of the arrow and subsequent explosion scale off the weapon damage.

However, the cloud damage itself operates much like a spell in that it's dependant on the level of the gem. Since the cloud damage is what we are scaling, a high physical damage bow will not help us.
"
Xirgu wrote:

It adds a portion of phys dmg as extra chaos (like hatred-aura) on impact. You can utilize that in lower story mode. For me it's a bonus while levelling to hit a mob directly. Whites die instantly since we use a phys bow to level. In later stages and mapping you won't even notice the difference anymore when hitting a mob directly with the arrow, what really counts is the cloud.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
damn.. misread that ages ago and it stuck.. :( I stand happily corrected :)its a bit late to test in beta but will try the skill in 2.0, this build looks good :)
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
hey man ! just one thing ur iir gem doesn't work on PA dot , the mf on gear yes but not the gem linked .
Incorrect, as of patch 1.0.6 IIR works with degen skills.
Can you post some cool jewel you've rolled?
Just to make the hype bigger.

By the way jewels emprove poison arrow tree by a ton thanks to Increase DoT / Chaos / Area.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info