[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Hello Serleth, I love your guide! I also have had an infatuation with poison arrow for a while. Last patch in 1.3 I made a pretty cool build, it was life with blood magic. I went insane life regen, armor and evasion. I was able to hit 7k armor and 7k evasion NO FLASKS. with somewhere around 9% life regen and around 170-ish projectile damage, with all the DOT and Chaos damage from tree. She did pretty darn well, but still never even manage to max poison arrow.

With this new league, I'm going to try your build from the ground up!!! So I'm currently a lvl 21 ranger, end of act 2 normal, coasting along pretty well. I will keep you updated on how the leveling goes as PURE poison arrow from the beginning.

This is now my third character in Warbands. I'm having a bit of trouble with the end of act 4 in normal with the other two, the difficulty just seems to spike SUPER HARD. So now I'm just going to try a third time with this ranged class. Anyone else having some troubles with the first pass through of act 4 in normal ?
I noticed one small miss on the tree. You should exchange the 8% proj dmg @Scion to the third and last 10% proj dmg by Ranger.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4A7gMeBS0FtQYjCC4M8g-rFSAWvxmKGY4ZtBqPG8gfQSP2JIsmlSpNKlss6S2DMHw1kjY9OuE-zz8nQzFDNkcGR35JE0rITZJRR1KvUuxVS1oaWlJh4mKsZU1n_GyMbWxuaW6qdO11y3aCefZ7w311guSE2YazieCKr419jX6Nv5ARkx-XBpuNnaqhIqXLpletSrTFtNG18re2u0274702vea-p8LswzPDOsSiyAzLvdDQ037UI9X42L3awdvn3V_jhOZY5oHqYu2D73ryRfT49qP22vsJ_gr-ug==

Also, I think you really should remove the "Original tree" from the guide and make the pre-jewel tree more stand out. I used the Original tree instead of the one you suggest using now. I just spent some time to get all the refund point books and need to get about 7 regret orbs so I can reach Scion wheel. With this second and much more optimized tree there is no need for the Original to be around, or at least make it stand out less.
"
Pracis wrote:

Soooo close.. :(

Anyone daring enough to try and exalt it?

that would be waste ;) gl next time :)
so im trying to look for some Jewellers, i got poacher aim, can't find anything nearly Jewellers 2. What you recommand?
Out of interest in your update regarding the order in which you purchase pricey upgrades why do you rate andvarius rings above dps upgrades? My thinking before that was get goldwyrms and pick up 2x@35-40% IIR rings for a few chaos each then buy +3 bow and drillneck. Whilest you will have less IIR in the short term shouldnt the increased clear/kill speed of the higher DPS items more than offset the lack of IIR or am i overlooking something?

My char is in his mid 70's atm and i have filled out the full tree except the jewel slots and frenzy charges, i amin the middle of picking those up now, working on the frenzy charges 1st but in theory how much +dps would i need on a jewel for it to be more worthwhile opening up a new jewel socket than picking up my last frenzy charge?
"
Xirgu wrote:
isnt point blank worth it? it giving more and all..

Point Blank does not work with PA cloud damage

"
so im trying to look for some Jewellers, i got poacher aim, can't find anything nearly Jewellers 2. What you recommand?

Have patience, and keep looking. It will be worth it.

"
Out of interest in your update regarding the order in which you purchase pricey upgrades why do you rate andvarius rings above dps upgrades? My thinking before that was get goldwyrms and pick up 2x@35-40% IIR rings for a few chaos each then buy +3 bow and drillneck

Rings with 35%+ IIR explicit end up going for 1ex anyway. Might as well go straight to Andvarius.

Andvarius rings help pay for the DPS upgrades faster than simply going straight for clear speed. I tested the difference out in beta going for +3 bow first then drillneck. It took me *ages* to get Andvarius after that, despite having improved clear speed and reasonable IIR.

Going straight for MF cut the time in half.

"
working on the frenzy charges 1st but in theory how much +dps would i need on a jewel for it to be more worthwhile opening up a new jewel socket than picking up my last frenzy charge?

About 23%.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
thx for the fast reply i look forward to your updated video guide
Hi Serleth,

Before my question, I'd like to thank you for the detailed guide and constant interaction with the people in this thread - you are a big help for this community which is greatly appreciated!

Now to get the point - I have a question regarding the Damage Over Time stat. When I pick up e.g. the 9% Increased DoT node at the top-right corner next to Corruption, I can see a tooltip increase in the PA cloud. However, the 27% DoT enchant that I have from the PVP master on my bow is not reflected on the cloud damage at all (I tried with 2 5-link bows, both with the same gems and both +2, only difference was that one had the Leo enchant) and the tooltip damage on the cloud is same with both. Shouldn't the enchant be exactly the same stat as the 9% dot node? Why isn't it reflected in the same way?
"
Biratancho wrote:
Hi Serleth,

Before my question, I'd like to thank you for the detailed guide and constant interaction with the people in this thread - you are a big help for this community which is greatly appreciated!

Now to get the point - I have a question regarding the Damage Over Time stat. When I pick up e.g. the 9% Increased DoT node at the top-right corner next to Corruption, I can see a tooltip increase in the PA cloud. However, the 27% DoT enchant that I have from the PVP master on my bow is not reflected on the cloud damage at all (I tried with 2 5-link bows, both with the same gems and both +2, only difference was that one had the Leo enchant) and the tooltip damage on the cloud is same with both. Shouldn't the enchant be exactly the same stat as the 9% dot node? Why isn't it reflected in the same way?

There's a weird thing with how calculations are input into the tooltip damage. As of right now, local DoT on a weapon doesn't factor into the tooltip damage but don't worry: it does actually function effectively.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Just spent all I have, 3.5 ex, and bought a Goldwyrm, and something unbelievable happened.

When the new league started, I always could not believe the price for Goldwyrm will keep this ridiculous, then grubbed a Sadima. However, nothing valuable appeared until Lv 85.

I was so anxious about that, and re-rolled a new char, and bought the Goldwyrm this morning. And then, within HALF HOUR, I got 1 ex, 10 6S, and other currencies dropped, like chaos, vaal. This is damn crazy !

There must be some hiden secrets built in the holy shit Goldwyrm !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info