[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Chronodroid wrote:
the change to the rustic sash recipes

As soon as i get required lvl i buy highest tier bow available and use the recipe and still killing rares and bosses is painful and slow on normal difficulty. Even ziggyd says they should do something about it. I think it is better to use spectral throw for normal difficulty, until you get pierce/chain/gmp when speed and smoothness is what you are after.
Last edited by aelm on Jun 22, 2015, 6:02:18 AM
"
aelm wrote:

As soon as i get required lvl i buy highest tier bow available and use the recipe and still killing rares and bosses is painful and slow on normal difficulty. Even ziggyd says they should do something about it. I think it is better to use spectral throw for normal difficulty, until you get pierce/chain/gmp when speed and smoothness is what you are after.

thx for the suggestion.

I do have all possible 'adds x-y to physical damage' on my gear, yes ofcourse rares and bosses take a while, this is only natural imo.

Perhaps I'll slap on ST in my swap, it requires the same mods on my gear + tree and will see from there, didn't ST for a long time and beta has yet to see me STing :)
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Last edited by Chronodroid on Jun 22, 2015, 6:41:41 AM
"
aelm wrote:
"
Chronodroid wrote:
the change to the rustic sash recipes

In a fresh league, bow skills really are no different from Spec Throw, since there's no twink gear available (Wideswing > Geofri's > Rigvald's, etc) until you've probably already passed those levels and got PA functioning.

The other option is to just get the fastest bow you can and level with elemental damage, since it scales easier without requiring bow upgrades. Just means you'll want to take a straight shot to Shadow as soon as possible, and get Prismweave.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:

In a fresh league, bow skills really are no different from Spec Throw, since there's no twink gear available (Wideswing > Geofri's > Rigvald's, etc) until you've probably already passed those levels and got PA functioning.

Exactly that is why ST is much better with builded in 100% pierce. You get LMP pretty fast as ranger (act 1 from what i remember) and you are good to go. And 2h weapons scale with nerfed rustic sash much better then bows. You can also get ele weapon and you will be much faster then bow user. On the other hand bows in current state sux until you finish norm and get pierce/chain/gmp. For new league i am definitely going ST untill cruel unless they change something.
Hey, so I just beat the beta solo on normal with a measly 3L SA and non-linked PA, didn't find an upgrade for my bow since A3N (has some 70+ phys and 2 nice element rolls). Yup that's not a real achievement, yet I see it's perfectly doable with some proper positioning / use of blink arrows.

I levelled a TS in swap, got me GMP and lol, that's a lot faster now :D

Had the luck of 5 Emperor cards in 3-4 runs in the Gardens, guess what I got in return: 5 Armourers Scraps..

I think levelling with bows is just fine, nothing overly fancy if you know what you're doing.

What are the points or problems you're still evaluating, Ser? In less than 2 weeks we might get the final notes from July 1 patch, it is about time we can start farmin' =)
"
Chronodroid wrote:
What are the points or problems you're still evaluating, Ser? In less than 2 weeks we might get the final notes from July 1 patch, it is about time we can start farmin' =)

At this point:

a) Is Clarity required with MgoK? If so, what level clarity? Or, how much MgoK is required to not need Clarity?
b) Are there alternate options in the tree that would be more efficient with GG jewels?
b.2.) What rolls would we need to make that happen?
c) Can we drop Charisma with a level 3-4 Enlighten?
d) Can we afford to drop Carcass Jack for Greed's Embrace while still efficiently running Conc Effect? Are we comfortable running the build without Conc Effect in order to get MF on the chest?

I think that covers it for now.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Chronodroid wrote:

At this point:

a) Is Clarity required with MgoK? If so, what level clarity? Or, how much MgoK is required to not need Clarity?
b) Are there alternate options in the tree that would be more efficient with GG jewels?
b.2.) What rolls would we need to make that happen?
c) Can we drop Charisma with a level 3-4 Enlighten?
d) Can we afford to drop Carcass Jack for Greed's Embrace while still efficiently running Conc Effect? Are we comfortable running the build without Conc Effect in order to get MF on the chest?

I think that covers it for now.

I see, I see.

a) Can't say for sure, up to my progress I didnt equip clarity, mana refills just fine. But clarity fills mana constantly, we'll see how this turns out.
b) I think if we need more jewel nodes, there's one very close to our duelist-area, 2 close to ranger / pierce and another one in the scion's starting point direction. But I'm not worrying too much about jewels atm, they seem hard to roll and come with the cost of pathing to them, making them relatively worse the longer you have to travel to use them.
b2) I would already settle with good 2-3 modded, like DoT, AoE, Chaos, Life, Res etc. Our goal is to get started cheap-ish, our main damage-mods are not too common for other builds = profit.
c) lvl 3 is 92%, lvl 4 is 88% multiplier, so basically, it replaces the 8%+4% reduced reservation I suppose and frees up the 3 skill points for charisma
d) uh hard one for Carcass vs Greed's. Carcass, altho being a unique, has the mods we need (life, allres, aoe-radius and -damage), where as greed's puts us in a bad spot for life, res but rewards some quantity and rarity, even worse for movement speed. I haven't tested this, but my feeling tells me to stay the hell away from greed's for good.

:)
a) I ran a level 10 Clarity more for sake of ease, rather than necessity. There'd be the odd time where I wanted it around, though most of the time I thought I could get away without it. I think for this purpose, it'd be ideal to have a +3 bow with two resistance suffixes, and mgok for the last suffix. Then we could definitely drop Clarity.

b) Access to jewel nodes isn't really the problem, imho, it's the math involved in terms of those extra two points. Since the most efficient nodes to take out would be projectile nodes, specifically the three we grab in ranger, we would need an extra level per jewel node we wanted to take. Which is fine, but it's a necessity due to the nature of (projectile damage + % increased proj damage) * slower proj. That more multiplier is just too hard to give up UNLESS

b.2) We can get projectile damage, area/chaos/dot damage and at least one resistance, so that we can also remove a point out of the ele resist on the tree, and that way keep the passive point cost identical, gain a net damage boost, and adjust gear accordingly. HOWEVER, the underlying question for me is: is it worth the jewel cost (which you pointed out) to do so? I think this is a question that will have to wait for live.

(When the build makes us the currency where this is no longer a problem, it's an adjustment we'll definitely make, picking up a jewel with projectile damage + other damage + life + resistance for min-max efficiency).

c) Okay, so with a level 3 enlighten we save one point, and with a level 4 multiplier we save three points. Good to know. Or alternately, it gives us flexibility to keep a low-level Clarity in *or* drop it (since our mana pool is greater) and rely more heavily on MgoK. So... three options opened up, for the price of one gem. Nice.

d) I'm undecided on Greed's Embrace. I think with Carcass our AoE is just good enough to run Conc Effect, but without Carcass we'd probably have to drop Conc Effect (or suffer pack clear speed, which is a net loss in effective item quantity since clear speed = effective quant). So basically, we'd only be adding in rarity, UNLESS we were willing to path back up into Witch. And that could get dicey for build structuring.

I guess it's a super super min-max option for like, level 95+ :P
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 23, 2015, 3:37:40 AM
Here's the list of jewel mods: http://cb.poedb.tw/us/mod.php?type=42&attr=136

I see the following benefitting us most:
- increased Area Damage (Global): 10-12%
- increased Chaos Damage (Global): 9-13%
- increased Projectile Damage (Global): 10-12%
- increased Damage over Time (Global): 10-12%
- all Elemental Resistances (Global): 8-10%
- various Resistances: 12% (for one element), 10% (for double-elements)
- increased maximum Life (Global): 6-8%
- any unique Jewel (Weight of Sin, the pierce one, etc.)

So with enough time and currency we can indeed improve our trees :) but oh man will this be a hassle to get the right mods :S BUT I'm already happy we're not rolling the fotm melee-aoe build here =))
Last edited by Chronodroid on Jun 23, 2015, 10:02:39 AM
Do you think that a Greed's Embrace as chest is usable or you will lose too much defense/dps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info