[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
If finally we drop Purity...it´s worth to put AA+GRACE+CLARITY?

You won't be standing still anywhere near enough to get the benefit of AA's defenses, but the chilled ground could prove effective if you want to use it for that. I personally wouldn't bother, but I'm a sound mechanical player that likes to do the minimum possible to survive. ;)

Ok, so ... in your opinion, with aura would you put to run together with GRACE and CLARITY?

A) VITALITY? (better for degen)
B) MOLTEN SHELL?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jul 17, 2015, 9:41:52 AM
"
Am I correct in assuming that in a +2 5L it's better to run IIR gem over lvl 1 Empower, since the Empower doesn't do anything until level 2?

Yea, grab a haku weapon that adds quality to socketed support gems for your alternative weapons and put the empower in that until it's level 2 or you get a bow with +1 all skills on it.
Last edited by Silenoz on Jul 17, 2015, 8:52:48 AM
Got to thank you for a really fun and thought through build and all the effort you put in your thread. Greatly appreciated.

Playing on Standart with this and my self-crafted Bow. Lvl 77 and 3.8k life with 6.6k unbuffed cloud tooltip. Works like a charm on low-mid tier maps. If I pick everything up I need at least 4 Portals.

Spoiler

"
Serleth wrote:

In the meantime, I have this for 5 chaos for the first person that asks for it in this thread. +2 bow with the added benefit of being able to run Empower immediately thanks to it being +1/+1

I've been dying for a +3 bow.

Been tempted to "try" (lol) to craft one but after reading the whole thread and all the tidbits/compilations about the math behind it - I couldn't help but cringe and cry.

Still also on the hunt for andys/drillneck/carcass.

I'm personally terrible at the game so I need as much resist/eva/life I can get. So I'm pretty okay using Queen of the forest/rare boots/rare rings.

Edit: It's actually insane how everything is sky rocketing in price too.

Last edited by furiousnoob on Jul 17, 2015, 9:44:31 AM
Holy smokes, Op, thank you for a great build, best fun since my first shitty slammer :).

My Gears:

Spoiler

Most was self found, and actually spent maybe 20 Chaos, most, the freckin' empower gem.
Quick question, do you guys get the acrobatics nodes?

Thanks,

Andy
"
RGVsUrTexas wrote:
do you guys get the acrobatics nodes?

Thanks,

Andy

Here's my tree at 85:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4A7gMeBS0FtQguDPIPqxUgFr8ZihmOGbQajxvIH0Ej9iSLJpUqTSpbLOktgzB8NZI2PT7PPydDMUM2RwZHfkkTSshNklFHUq9S7FO7VUtaGl7AYeJirGVNZ_xsjG1sbmluqnTtdct2gnn2fXWE2YaziFqJ4I19jX6Nv5MflwabjZ2qoEKhIqXLrUq0xbTRtfK3PrtNu-O9Nr3mvqe_1cLswzPDOsSiyAzLvc2Y0NDTftQj1fjYvdrB2-fdX-OE5ljmgepi7YPvevaj9tr7Cf4K_ro=

I went up to Dynamo so that I can run Grace + Purity + lvl 10 Clarity

Will drop this once I have proper gear.
Last edited by Comfyasabadger on Jul 17, 2015, 2:21:08 PM
"
furiousnoob wrote:

I've been dying for a +3 bow.

Been tempted to "try" (lol) to craft one but after reading the whole thread and all the tidbits/compilations about the math behind it - I couldn't help but cringe and cry.

Still also on the hunt for andys/drillneck/carcass.

I'm personally terrible at the game so I need as much resist/eva/life I can get. So I'm pretty okay using Queen of the forest/rare boots/rare rings.

Edit: It's actually insane how everything is sky rocketing in price too.

seems easier with drops than with 1.3
I have 4ex drops already never seen that before.

still need a +3 bow but no rush
Don't know whether someone already posted this but corrupted +Max Frenzy Charge Goldwyrms are a nice addition to the build.

Since they only cost 1 alc to 1 fusing and you don't need them fully linked you can even try to vaal a lot of them by yourself
"
LukAssArts wrote:
Don't know whether someone already posted this but corrupted +Max Frenzy Charge Goldwyrms are a nice addition to the build.

Since they only cost 1 alc to 1 fusing and you don't need them fully linked you can even try to vaal a lot of them by yourself

In Standard yeah. In Warbands we're talking 4Ex.

....I lied just bought a pair for 2 Ex equiv.
Last edited by Comfyasabadger on Jul 17, 2015, 3:47:04 PM
update!

just hit lvl 65. leveling/farming in crystal veins atm but im moving elsewhere because everything has chaos res there and rare chaos sentinels take forever.

my *planned* links are:
flame golem-minion life-totem/minion res-decoy totem

vulnerability-flame totem-cull-IIR

rallying cry-blood rage-Inc Dur-Inc AoE

clarity/grace-purity-enlighten-blink arrow

atm im capped on res w/o purity so im just running clarity. i also dont have lvl 2 empower, so i swapped in IIR for the time being and flame totem/cull are swapped out for fire trap and burnig dmg. decoy totem is amazing, i love it. helps a lot with rares and bosses. even tho its squishy, i can just recast it. it also helps with strongboxes. i

5.4k evasion. no phase acro. 16/147 w/o IIR Gem. 16/198 with IIR gem.

accessories could probs master craft more IIR. if you really pushed accessories and got a 40+IIR helm and 30+IIR boots with sadima's, you can probably hit 16/260-270 without dual andies.
Last edited by alkoxide on Jul 17, 2015, 4:01:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info