[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Uprightrus wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Uprightrus wrote:
What is better to run this build, evasion or armour? I have like 11k evasion and 2.5k life and i don't feel comfortable to clear maps.

Evasion, and 2.5k life is your problem, not your evasion.

You want ~3.5k to start mapping.

What is best way to get max cap of life? Because all my gear has life, and some jewels also, and i still have 2.5k life :/

You're looking to get 60+ flat life on all gear slots (that aren't uniques, obviously) then add increased life % on the tree.

I can more definitively give you advice if you unlock your characters in your profile (and lmk which character to look at) but my best guess is if you have at least 50 life on all non-unique slots, you just haven't taken enough % life on the tree.

You could also be underlevelled, which is preventing your ability to access those % life nodes.

Usually when people come in here with low life values, the issue typically isn't gear but rather that they went absolutely full-tilt into damage nodes on the tree rather than trying to strike a balance between dps and survivability.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 19, 2017, 4:42:53 AM
"

You're looking to get 60+ flat life on all gear slots (that aren't uniques, obviously) then add increased life % on the tree.

I can more definitively give you advice if you unlock your characters in your profile (and lmk which character to look at) but my best guess is if you have at least 50 life on all non-unique slots, you just haven't taken enough % life on the tree.

You could also be underlevelled, which is preventing your ability to access those % life nodes.

Usually when people come in here with low life values, the issue typically isn't gear but rather that they went absolutely full-tilt into damage nodes on the tree rather than trying to strike a balance between dps and survivability.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Uprightrus/characters

Thank you!
Yeah okay, so PART of the problem is the life rolls on your gear, but it's not the major factor.

You can stand to get better life on your helmet, belt, chest and amulet (you're looking for 60+ on the amulet, 80+ on chest, belt and hat). All told, this should net you roughly an additional 140 flat life (280 after your current tree).

The bigger issue though is definitely the life on your tree. At level 79 you should have well over 101%. As I expected, you went full-tilt damage nodes first, picking up all the jewels and frenzy charges (which are the last things you get).

Upgrade at least your amulet and hat (should be relatively easy and cheap) then unspec the jewel node right next to Acrobatics (that's the VERY last jewel socket we get, because it's a 3 point investment) and at least one frenzy charge (the one in Shadow would be best). Move those 6 points towards Scion life.

Remove a second Frenzy charge to pick up the actual Scion life notable. This will add 19% increased maximum life. You will have removed a total of 8 points (but you had an extra point used in Shadow frenzy which was unnecessary).

For your next three levels (up to 82) just add more life in the Scion life wheel.

Then start retake a frenzy charge (84).

Then two more life nodes (86).

Then the other frenzy charge (88).

Then that jewel socket (91). Or more life, if you feel you still need it.
"
Serleth wrote:
Yeah okay, so PART of the problem is the life rolls on your gear, but it's not the major factor.

You can stand to get better life on your helmet, belt, chest and amulet (you're looking for 60+ on the amulet, 80+ on chest, belt and hat). All told, this should net you roughly an additional 140 flat life (280 after your current tree).

The bigger issue though is definitely the life on your tree. At level 79 you should have well over 101%. As I expected, you went full-tilt damage nodes first, picking up all the jewels and frenzy charges (which are the last things you get).

Upgrade at least your amulet and hat (should be relatively easy and cheap) then unspec the jewel node right next to Acrobatics (that's the VERY last jewel socket we get, because it's a 3 point investment) and at least one frenzy charge (the one in Shadow would be best). Move those 6 points towards Scion life.

Remove a second Frenzy charge to pick up the actual Scion life notable. This will add 19% increased maximum life. You will have removed a total of 8 points (but you had an extra point used in Shadow frenzy which was unnecessary).

For your next three levels (up to 82) just add more life in the Scion life wheel.

Then start retake a frenzy charge (84).

Then two more life nodes (86).

Then the other frenzy charge (88).

Then that jewel socket (91). Or more life, if you feel you still need it.

Thx, u're the best!!!
first of all, great guide and continuous support!

just a quick question, how have the aoe changes been on caustic arrow? more, less or the same as before?
"
prospecial wrote:

just a quick question, how have the aoe changes been on caustic arrow? more, less or the same as before?

I haven't played CA since Essence but a quick check on my Standard toon seems to indicate the radius either slightly improved, or roughly the same.
"
Serleth wrote:

I haven't played CA since Essence but a quick check on my Standard toon seems to indicate the radius either slightly improved, or roughly the same.

thanks for checking mate, i was a bit worried there
now i can start ^^
"
prospecial wrote:

I should probobaly check the forums at times when I am not at work....

Playing in Legacy League with a 22 CA (lvl 20 gem in a +2) it feels improved, compared to pre-AoE changes. I assume if I had the additional levels (21 gem, +3, and Empower) it would be more noticeable.
So in the "basic" build, the belt is there to give you a boost to life and resists that we obviously need because of dual Andvarius.

What are your thoughts on Bisco's leash?
I know we already disregarded the collar because it only applies to white/blue mobs, but the belt has +rarity on rampage, as well as 5% quantity.

I've basically thrown exalts at gearing my other slots in Legacy so that I can make up all my resistance needs in the other slots. In this case, is Bisco's a good recommendation for a belt? I guess compared to perandus blazon or just a random leather belt for the life and MS craft?
Other options might include belt of the deceiver, faminebind, really any unique belt offers fun stuff to play with.

The other thing I'm thinking:
My favorite leaguestone interaction so far has been breach + rampage + beyond. Rampage is fun, but really doesn't return any profit. If I have it on my belt, it will open up a permanent leaguestone slot for me to use other more profitable stones.

Thoughts?
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
"
Nick42 wrote:
What are your thoughts on Bisco's leash?
I know we already disregarded the collar because it only applies to white/blue mobs, but the belt has +rarity on rampage, as well as 5% quantity.

I've basically thrown exalts at gearing my other slots in Legacy so that I can make up all my resistance needs in the other slots. In this case, is Bisco's a good recommendation for a belt? I guess compared to perandus blazon or just a random leather belt for the life and MS craft?

Eh. You could experiment with it I guess but that's a LOT of resistance to try and cover off, which is already a problem if you want to try running Carcass or Cherribum's.

You would NEED to get double 5ex+ Ventor rolls in order to make it work.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. That's currency you could invest in rerolling a different build... which is kind of the point of MF. =)

"
The other thing I'm thinking:
My favorite leaguestone interaction so far has been breach + rampage + beyond. Rampage is fun, but really doesn't return any profit. If I have it on my belt, it will open up a permanent leaguestone slot for me to use other more profitable stones.

Thoughts?

As for the Rampage stone, the belt already grants Rampage. You don't need the stone in order to proc it, so that slot is already open for you.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 21, 2017, 4:58:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info