[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I concur with most specialized tab comments...

I bought the currency tab when it came out and immediately loved it...

I bought the bundle the other day as well... don't have much experience with essences yet but I like the layout and the usual 5k feature... Divination cards might be useful, but I wish it saved your menu option...

I wish I could refund some of my many tabs now and replace them with quads since so many of my tabs are just for storing rare sets and chisel hammers (until I get the whetstones and maps to catch up around week 3)

Last time I was playing I vendored almost everything in standard... i could probably condense down to 4 tabs and the currency tab... because the more I can fit in the tabs visible upon opening the stash, the better
Yay a conversation about organization and the tabs we use!

Because

Remarks on Specialized tabs
Currency - One of the best things you can buy in the store. Borderline required. In standard went from over 5 tabs of currency down to the one, and in challenge leagues about the same space comparison (but less relevant as I own to many tabs for a challenge league). At least since then I have become better at trading up my currency as well.

Essence - A pure convenience tab in my book, but really helpful too. It is just intrestring this was released the same time they changed the drop restrictions on some of the Tiers of Essences. Having a dedicated slot for each essence and the 5,000 stack limit are very nice for the ctrl+click. There is less thinking required when transferring essences from your inventory, and a longer period of time in between the need to vendor up. The tab also allows you to vendor up the essence chain right from the tab, which is such a bonus feature. (Maybe we can sell to vendors from tabs one of these day too). Compared to a regular tab there is less individual space vs a higher stack count and convenience in the number of clicks required to make it look nice.
My Normal Tab for Essences

Divination - More than convenience, kinda. I am a collector, and this is perfect for me, but I will only use it in standard. For selling, redeeming, and challenge completion a normal tab beats this one in its current state. If the 'view option' setting can be saved, this will likely change. From the view of a collector this is great I go from this view:
Card Catalogue

To a view with the actual card art, which is admittedly the whole point in trying to collect them. (Tthe cards are set up alphabetically, and the scrolls and fragments are place holders from the last time I sorted it).

Quad Tab - Not for me, I own too many tabs for a challenge league, and I should not buy more space to enable my hording in standard. I completely see Serleth's point about having a greater space for dumping maps. I've just adapted to keep my map tabs set up in a specific way and I force my self to deal with them when I vendor from a map. It might waste more time doing it my way, but it might off set the time with not having to go back to sort maps later. It is just part of the process for me. Rare UN-ID maps stay in the dump tab, but the rest of the maps go into tabs sorted like this:
Standard, where I have maps

Sorted by tier and alphabetically. There is enough space for 4 of each kind of map, and if I have a 5th I just 3:1 or chisel. Shaped maps did add a wrinkle to this, but they just live in my 'M!' tab along with Unique maps, fragments, and Offerings.

Not sure if this is a help to anyone, or beneficial, so it can live in this spoiler.

A Tip for Breaches:
Spoiler

Breach mobs stay within the expanding breach circle. To minimize risk while fighting breach mobs, simply stay just outside the circle; you won't take much damage if any at all doing this.

This tip works well for open areas. Indoors - you're on your own :-)
Tabbingtons.

Nested spoilers are aggravating
"
ChronoExile wrote:
Yay a conversation about organization and the tabs we use!

My Normal Tab for Essences

Yep, this is basically what my tab looked like as well. If Essence spawn rates were closer to what they were during Essence league, I think the temp-league benefit for the new tab would be much greater, but as it stands you can quite easily store them this way.

"
Quad Tab - ... It might waste more time doing it my way, but it might off set the time with not having to go back to sort maps later.

Maybe it's just a quirk thing for me, but I tend to have a ritual of things I do before bed that take some time to accomplish but still allow me to sit at the computer and trade or organize things. I essentially consider this "non-playing" time anyway, so I don't really count it towards time spent in the game, so for me, to be able to do a much larger sort all at once helps retain my uptime during active playing hours. =)

If anyone's interested, I can do a gallery of my basic setup.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 9, 2016, 2:53:22 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
Nested spoilers are aggravating

If anyone's interested, I can do a gallery of my basic setup.

I don't know what you mean
I'm always interested in how people organize their stuff. Also how different is it now from when you did the basic mapping video?
Last edited by ChronoExile on Dec 9, 2016, 3:02:39 PM
Couldn't find any info in last 10 pages of thread so i'll ask maybe again maybe not: how is this build doing against breach bosses? Does it have a problem finishing the countdown race? How about the bossfight?
"
enerb wrote:
Couldn't find any info in last 10 pages of thread so i'll ask maybe again maybe not: how is this build doing against breach bosses? Does it have a problem finishing the countdown race? How about the bossfight?

I'm still leveling my gems to 20, but once that happens I was going to try the fights for the breach-stones I have. I should have an answer to this by the end of the weekend.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
I'm always interested in how people organize their stuff. Also how different is it now from when you did the basic mapping video?

It's more streamlined and adjusted for newer content.

I'm practicing guitar at the moment but I'll get around to posting the new setup later today if you want. It's more or less the same but it's easier to throw things in, things I use less commonly (gem tabs, for example) are towards the back while unid and vendor maps are pushed forward, and the map dump tab has been added.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 9, 2016, 6:35:48 PM
"
ChronoExile wrote:
"
enerb wrote:

I'm still leveling my gems to 20, but once that happens I was going to try the fights for the breach-stones I have. I should have an answer to this by the end of the weekend.

Awesome, looking forward to getting info from you
Current tab setup

So this is basically it, nothing fancy.

Runs tab is where I dump everything.

As stacks of currency accumulate, I swap them into the $ tab (mah fancy doodle Currency tab).

As I've done for leagues now, unid recipe is two arrow keys, id recipe is three. Fast and easy. I've started to slow down on doing them though cuz I'm just out of practice. MFing, you're doing so many of those an hour it's just muscle memory. Now I'm doing maybe 20% the amount per day.

From there we go to Divs (the new Div tab), which I sorely wished remembered I want it on 'Full stacks' all the time.

Then the map dump tab, which is now a Quad tab, and holy fuck do I love that.

I didn't notice that my Essence tab actually moved lol. Unid tab should be next, and later on in the league there will be a "Vendor" tab next to that, but maybe not now that I have the quad tab to sort out 789432 maps at once.

The Proph/Lab tab is for Offerings that I'll run later, and items used mostly for the Mysterious Gift prophecy (fuck that Prophecy, seriously, waste of alc shards and not worth sealing). I also keep a few uniques there for Ancient Rivalries, as that's not really worth sealing either. Common enough unique drops / cheap to buy. Cheaper than sealing, esp early league where coins are 3-4:1c

And sets is for anything gated. Shaper, Atziri, Uber Atziri, Pale Court, Breachstones, etc. Basically just another map tab but it's pushed further back because it's used less frequently than the others.

The big thing to note here really is that when I get 3-4 columns worth of random crap queued up (to the point where it's pushing on my transmutes), that's when I cycle stuff down into the other tabs. Otherwise I just dump and go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info