[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Mad_Darkness wrote:
btw do we benefit from Elemental Damage on Weapons??

No, the build does not benefit from Weapon Elemental Damage, or any other elemental damage for that matter.
Will it realy be bad if i would take Ranger deadeye instead of Scion ?
"
zdupix1993 wrote:

There is nothing wrong with playing a Caustic Arrow Deadeye, there is a decent guide specific for that composition of the build here, [2.3] DEADEYE Caustic Arrow DPS-focused 5-6k+ life Atziri Killer (40k+ DPS).

In the pre-guide notes of this this thread:
"
Serleth wrote:
Passive Tree for the Ranger Start:
  • I will not be posting a Ranger tree. You can follow the Scion tree, as it's identical in every way except the starting two Scion Projectile Damage nodes. You then take Deadeye, and go grab Endless Munitions, which will use all six of your Ascendancy points. This allows you to drop the AoE gem for Empower/Rapid Decay.

The passive tree between the two class starts are almost identical. There is little to compare between the two classes, so most of the big decisions come in comparing the Ascendancy classes. (following the Ascendancy suggestions from the linked guide)

Total Bonus for Deadeye, Ranger:
  • 15% Increased Attack Speed
  • +1 Additional Arrow
  • 20% Area of Effect
  • 80% Projectile Damage

~vs~

Total Bonus for Deadeye/Occultist, Scion
  • +1 Additional Arrow
  • 80% Conditional Projectile Damage (Pierce/Far Shot/Kill Cursed Mob Recently)
  • 15% MORE Conditional damage (Cursed Enemies)
  • Six Passive Points (Three Additional, Three Former Travel Nodes)

The area increase and the attack speed offered by the ranger are nice quality of life to have, but the MORE damage really pushes the ascendant over the top in terms of damage output. This is especially true where the boost to damage is needed the most vs chaos resistant monsters and bosses. The six passive points really give the build more flexibility at end game to fill out what might be missing, Jewel, life, damage, evasion, Phase, etc.

Full Numbers Ranger

With Deadeye:
- Two Point branch: Fast and Deadly
- Four Point Branch: Endless Munitions
- Two remaining small nodes

This Equates to:
- 15% IAS, 40% Proj Damage, 30% Proj Speed
- Projectile Attacks Far Shot, 200 Flat Acc, +1 Arrow, 20% AoE, 20% Acc, 20% Proj Damage
- 20% Proj Damage, 20% Crit Chance

The Relevant to CA Cloud stats:
- 15% IAS, 40% Proj Damage
- +1 Arrow, 20% AoE, 20% Proj Damage
- 20% Proj Damage

Full Numbers Scion

With Ascendant:
- Deadeye
- Path of Ranger
- Occultist

This Equated to:
- 30% Pierce Chance, 15% Bleed on Hit, 30% Proj Damage Far Shot, +1 Proj, One Additional Passive Point
- One additional Passive Point, Three Travel Passive Points saved
- 20% Max ES, 1% ES Regeneration, -15% Chaos Res on Cursed Enemies, 20% Damage if Killed a Cursed Enemy Recently, One Additional Passive Point.

Relevant to CA Cloud stats
- 30% Pierce, Proj Damage Far Shot, Additional Projectile, Passive Point
- Four Passive Points
- -15% Chaos Res on Cursed Enemies, 20% Damage if Killed Cursed Enemy, Passive Point

"
zdupix1993 wrote:

Chrono's summary is excellent. Another benefit to Scion is the +40 Intelligence node on the way to Occultist which makes gearing easier.
That reminds me, I forgot to update that "If you do Ranger etc." thing with Uber lab.

Done.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
as a Deadeye Ranger I took Rupture after killing Uber. seems more worthwhile to have "Moving while Bleeding doesn't cause you to take extra Damage" than an additional 10% projectile damage.
Hey,

can someone explain me what exactly "the path of ranger" is?
i mean i need one more random lab to get it but i dont know what this is exactly meaning " can allocate passives from the rangers starting point"
"
as a Deadeye Ranger I took Rupture after killing Uber. seems more worthwhile to have "Moving while Bleeding doesn't cause you to take extra Damage" than an additional 10% projectile damage.

Yep, that's perfectly acceptable as well, really depends on your attentiveness. If you're more or less just cruising and kinda turning your brain off, that's cool, but if you're more focused, you're running a Seething Staunching flask anyway, and if you're keeping your eyes on your punctures, you should almost never die to it.

It's only a 10% additive damage difference, so however you prefer.

"
Explain "can allocate passives from the rangers starting point"

Exactly what it sounds like.

I.e., so you start as Scion, right? Your passives begin at the "Scion starting point," just like all other classes respectively mean you can only allocate passives from that particular classes' starting point on the tree.

Path of the Ranger allows you to bypass this restriction and allocate passives at the Ranger's starting point.

It's perhaps more clearly illustrated in this tree. As you can see, there's a gap where passive nodes aren't allocated from Scion on the highway between Ranger and Duelist.

Instead, Path of the Ranger is taken which allows us to conserve those passives and allocate nodes from Ranger's starting point, effectively eliminating travel nodes we would otherwise be spending connecting to the Ranger area.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 21, 2016, 4:40:59 PM
Off-topic:

For all the initial "vendor trash" remarks Nuro's Harp got when it was first released:

I'm having tons of fun with it.

18k split arrow right now, level 68 Assassin with Normal/Cruel labs done. Lots of gem levels and nodes to pick up yet.
"
Serleth wrote:
Off-topic:

For all the initial "vendor trash" remarks Nuro's Harp got when it was first released:

I'm having tons of fun with it.

18k split arrow right now, level 68 Assassin with Normal/Cruel labs done. Lots of gem levels and nodes to pick up yet.

Nice. The new uniques are certainly making new/novel builds viable which is nice to see. Are you sticking with Nuro's for end-game or moving on to a different bow?

Update on my character number 2 for this league:
Spoiler

We'll see how this one ends up.

It's:
Duelist - Slayer
Triple ranged attack totems (thanks to the Skirmish quiver - and no downside to the third totem unlike Soul Mantle) with Chin Sol. Coupled with point blank, it's doing 3 times tooltip DPS at close range. 3 totems = 3 times once more for a total of 9 times tooltip. Currently getting about 7K tooltip at level 80 with all buffs up for roughly 63K DPS (also 15% more or so on top of that due to poison). I hope to hit 10K tooltip once I 6-link my Cospri's Will.

Currently I'm using a Tabula with poison gem and Southbound gloves so that I get kill credit in spite of using totems. I'm generating frenzy charges with Blood Dance boots.

Originally I wanted to go dual curse with Heretic's Veil using Star of Wraeclast amulet and some increased radius aura passives to automatically curse the entire screen - this would enable me to nicely leverage the "poison cursed enemies on hit" from Cospri's Will without having to manually curse. But equipping 2 more uniques, and having to give up on Hatred and Herald of Ash (big DPS loss) is too much of a sacrifice. I'll probably end up going curse on hit.

Slayer is amazing - I'm getting automatic stun on low life/full life, chance to double stun, permanent onslaught while clearing maps, permanent 20% more damage, 20% increased radius of skills (will be 40% increased radius once I do uber labs), reduced stun threshold... oh, and I cull enemies at 20% life.

Slayer Ascendancy has nerf bat written all over it. Hell, even for caustic arrow which can't leverage most of the bonuses, 40% increased area of effect makes it at least worthy of consideration. For rapid farming Tier 5-12/13, that 40% increased radius and the movement bonus from onslaught... might make it even better than Scion (in the end-game, we're just bloodraging and kill-kill-kill as fast as possible, never cursing except occasionally in which case Scion gets us another arrow which probably isn't nearly as good as 40% increased AOE radius - anyhow, food for thought).

Armor and life aren't going to be amazing, but that stun stuff coupled with dual curse and of course the intrinsic safety of totems is proving to be really nice. Using a couple of Lioneye's Fall jewels I'm picking up 5% additional increased radius of skills, more stun and a bunch of increased damage.

Right now I'm non-crit but I may end up going crit in the end.

I think I'm going to pick up a bunch of stun nodes next to see how powerful that turns out against bosses. Right now in my Tabula at level 80 with 4.2K life and almost no armor, I'm having no trouble with Tier 10 maps. I think I can run just about every mod but to avoid incredibly slow play I'll skip the chain mod maps.

Up next is farming on Noxic for enough fuses to 6-link my Cospri's and 5-link my Chin Sol.

As a benchmark, I was getting roughly 130 million experience/hr in Dried Lake leveling which I think is best (or nearly so) of any character I've played so far.
====

My third character in the league will be a highly experimental self-cast, crit, dual or tripple curse lightning warp build. Heretic's Veil will play a role in this build... but beyond that I've no clue about how I'll gear and gem it... not even sure what class to play.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 22, 2016, 6:21:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info