[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Selky62 wrote:
Rallying / Enduring Cry + Blood Rage + Increased Duration**

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blood_Rage

"
Hey Serleth, I hate to be that person, but there's no reason this build couldn't work on a Scion that I'm not seeing is there? Looks like you basically go right up to the Scion starting point, and it'd give me an excuse to play Scion again with a build that interests me. Sorry if I'm being dumb, not played in ages and wanting to come back, always prefered range builds.

You can run it from Scion, but it costs an extra passive point to do it and pick up all the same nodes. Thus it's less efficient.

Discussed it on this page.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Selky62 wrote:
Rallying / Enduring Cry + Blood Rage + Increased Duration**

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blood_Rage

"
Hey Serleth, I hate to be that person, but there's no reason this build couldn't work on a Scion that I'm not seeing is there? Looks like you basically go right up to the Scion starting point, and it'd give me an excuse to play Scion again with a build that interests me. Sorry if I'm being dumb, not played in ages and wanting to come back, always prefered range builds.

You can run it from Scion, but it costs an extra passive point to do it and pick up all the same nodes. Thus it's less efficient.

Discussed it on this page.

Thanks, had no idea blood rage gave frenzy charges.
bye bye PoE
So I found a 5L bow in the Warbands server, it was only item level 35. I was unable to get +1 bow gems modifier like I had hoped, but instead stopped at this:

Should I just leave it like it is, at least until I can get a +3 5L bow? It seems to do more dmg with poison arrow than a low dmg 3L bow with +1bow gems.
bye bye PoE
Last edited by Selky62 on Jul 11, 2015, 7:54:42 PM
Any idea if you can still roll chaos damage on jewels? On the wiki it's shown on the list but it's crossed out. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Jewels
If anyone wants

Whisper me @FatLordovOriath

Will be on for a few hours
"
Selky62 wrote:
So I found a 5L bow in the Warbands server, it was only item level 35. I was unable to get +1 bow gems modifier like I had hoped, but instead stopped at this:

Should I just leave it like it is, at least until I can get a +3 5L bow? It seems to do more dmg with poison arrow than a low dmg 3L bow with +1bow gems.

You really do want +1 PA scales from Gem levels so the Physical Damage does next to nothing for the build.
Last edited by Comfyasabadger on Jul 11, 2015, 10:34:44 PM
"
Urkend wrote:
Any idea if you can still roll chaos damage on jewels? On the wiki it's shown on the list but it's crossed out. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Jewels

http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?type=42&attr=138

According to this, yes.
"
"
Selky62 wrote:

You really do want +1 PA scales from Gem levels so the Physical Damage does next to nothing for the build.

That's weird though, because there was about a 200-300 tool tip dmg difference between this bow:

with +1 bow gems

and the 5L with tons more damage:

Same 3 gems in each (PA + Conc. Effect + Slower Projectiles), but the 5L had 200-300 more dmg in the tool tip. Why in the world would that be? I'll edit with screenshots.

EDIT:
Ok So I tested it..

Same 3 gems in each bow (PA > Conc. Effect > Slower Projectiles)
In the +1 bow gems bow with super low damage, Poison Arrow TOOL TIP DPS = 339.53

In the bow with high physical damage, Poison Arrow TOOL TIP DPS = 644.89

That is a HUGE difference, and not in the favor of the +1 bow gems bow, so what gives? Am I looking at this wrong or is a +1bow gems bow useless for poison arrow compared to a high phys dmg bow? I can see how a +3 bow might have a large effect, but +1 doesn't seem to be doing the job.. AT ALL. Someone help! I know you say the opposite, but I generally don't believe something if I don't see it for myself, and I am definitely not seeing it here.

339.53 DPS

644.89 DPS
bye bye PoE
Last edited by Selky62 on Jul 12, 2015, 2:42:07 AM
"
Selky62 wrote:

EDIT:
Ok So I tested it..

Same 3 gems in each bow (PA > Conc. Effect > Slower Projectiles)
In the +1 bow gems bow with super low damage, Poison Arrow TOOL TIP DPS = 339.53

In the bow with high physical damage, Poison Arrow TOOL TIP DPS = 644.89

That is a HUGE difference, and not in the favor of the +1 bow gems bow, so what gives? Am I looking at this wrong or is a +1bow gems bow useless for poison arrow compared to a high phys dmg bow? I can see how a +3 bow might have a large effect, but +1 doesn't seem to be doing the job.. AT ALL. Someone help! I know you say the opposite, but I generally don't believe something if I don't see it for myself, and I am definitely not seeing it here.

Dude, you are looking at the wrong DPS stat. We aren't concerned with tooltip as that isn't whats doing our damage. Hover over your poison arrow skill in the action bar and look at "Deals **** chaos damage per second" in the description. +1 is way better

Highlighted value is the number we focus on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info