[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
JumpAttacker wrote:
hi, where is ranger tree? can see only for shadow and scion
Scion is the way of the future.
The leveling links in post 2 go to the old version of the tree. When will we be able to see the new tree using those links?
i am utterly confused right now! this guide is in ranger forum but on the guide itself the character that is being used is a SCION not ranger?
"
glocknine wrote:
i am utterly confused right now! this guide is in ranger forum but on the guide itself the character that is being used is a SCION not ranger?

Because for 300+ pages, one of the better classes for this build was a Ranger. Ie. this was a Ranger guide for a long time.

However with the release of Ascendancy, going Ascendant and speccing Occultist + Deadeye is optimal. So what WAS a Ranger guide is now a Scion guide.
Last edited by SpidaFly on Mar 4, 2016, 9:31:56 PM
Can someone tell me WHY Scion is better than shadow?

Im kinda new, but Shadow seems on paper to pull more damage AND be more tanky than scion. Is the Chaospen% really worth that amount of damage on paper?

To a noob, the HC Shadow varient just seems like it does the same damage.

In reality, how much damage are we losing over Scion? only around 10%~ ?
In the scion tree, why are we taking the master of the arena node? it doesn´t seem to offer much to a ranged build like this.
I am relatively new to the game, sorry if it is a dumb question. Sorry for bad english skills.
"
elgranlector wrote:
In the scion tree, why are we taking the master of the arena node? it doesn´t seem to offer much to a ranged build like this.
I am relatively new to the game, sorry if it is a dumb question. Sorry for bad english skills.

The life regen helps cope with the damage from running Blood Rage and you get 20 strength as a bonus.
Thanks for everyone answering questions while I was (mostly) away today.

To everyone asking about the passive tree being updated for the website, I'll try get to that tomorrow for everything including the levelling trees, but for now please download the linked Offline Planner. It works fine there.

To everyone asking about why this isn't Ranger: it used to be a Ranger build, but now Scion's Deadeye/Occultist hybrid is best for SC, while Shadow is best for HC.

I'm keeping the build in the Ranger thread because requesting to move it to Scion would kill a lot of people's bookmarks.

I will not be posting a Ranger tree. You can follow the Scion tree, as it's identical in every way except the starting two Scion Projectile Damage nodes. You then take Deadeye, and go grab Endless Munitions.

I'll paste the above paragraph in the OP for visibility.

"
Can someone tell me WHY Scion is better than shadow?

On the core passive tree, Scion and Shadow are identical basically. You lose a hairball of life taking Shadow, for a bit more damage.

The difference is in the Ascendency classes.

With Shadow, you get the more defensive options of recovery on kill, and 5% dodge and spell dodge, in addition to a multiplicative chance to evade when NOT on full ES. Which is basically the moment you get hit.

With Scion, the additional arrow allows you to drop the Area of Effect gem (which you can't do with Shadow, unless you just don't care about tiny clouds) and thus can replace it with an additional damage gem, bringing the damage values of 2.2 CA back up to where it was in 2.0 (~48k effective dps compared to the 36k or so dps we saw in 2.1). The additional arrow basically covers the loss of the AoE gem, which we can further augment by getting 12% increased radius from the the Labryinth helmet enchantment.

On top of that, you get a 15% chaos pen boost on cursed enemies, which is like getting an additional 15% MORE (multiplicative) damage modifier. It's extremely potent.

The net result of running Shadow compared to Scion, factoring in all of the above, is a net dps difference of approximately 35%. It's massive.

-----------

I'm tired, it's a long day. If any of you feel that your questions were not appropriately answered by the other guide users who've been so kind as to fill in the gap during my absence today, or by myself in this reply, please do not hesitate to post again and ask for clarity. I will get back to you tomorrow afternoon at the latest (approximately 12 hours from the time of this post).

Thank you, and I hope you're all enjoying the expansion with CA MF =)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
how do i load the scion passive tree in offline tree planner?
"
NoctisC wrote:
how do i load the scion passive tree in offline tree planner?

In the bottom right of the off-line planner there is a place to paste a web url. Paste in the web url of the passive skill tree that is "broken" from the original post and they should load right up. (this took me forever to figure out as well).
Last edited by VeryEvilWaffle on Mar 5, 2016, 8:28:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info