[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Currently I do have my fire resistence very overcapped, at almost 190% but that is because I got this amazing ring (still not at andvarius, I'll get those later once I can deal with the negative resistence) with 37% fire resist, 15% elemental resist and 31% IIR.

I definitly do not want to lose my goldwyrms anyway and then again the ring will sooner of latter be moved out. Probably once I have all the jewel slots open to take jewels with chaos damage + all resist. SO i guess my only option is to sacrifice something on the tree. Fortunatly I had already sacrificed something which was the frenzy charges. I don't like using frenzy charges because I don't like to be tied to building them up and then having to upkeep them anyway. I've taken a look and on the quickstep I can get 8% there, I can take another 5% very easily with Quickness so it's worth for that alone (considering it's just a one point investment) and I could work my way to celerity for evasion + 9% speed. Admitedly celerity is a bit more out of the way and it's getting on the 96 level. If I want to go full on it I can also get harrier for level 99. The question becomes, do I want to pick celerity and harrier or do I want +2 gem slots. I guess it's a call for when I get there really. If I am happy with my clear speed, then more movement, if not them more damage.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Pretty much a bang on analysis.

It's unfortunate that you're not a fan of the multitasking, because running two ample quicksivlers of adrenaline pretty much negates the need to even concern yourself with all that. =)

If you're up for it, I recommend practicing the timing with two QS flasks for maybe 20 maps (if you haven't done so already) and get a feel for it. It will allow you to keep your base damage up a bit higher and thus keep your clear speed up a bit.

Plus there's those times in certain maps (Grotto comes to mind, or Tunnel, or Underground River) where you hit a dead-end so far off the beaten path that one quicksilver doesn't catch you back up, but two will.

Anyway, just a thought.

Best of luck =)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I pretty much use 2 quicksilvers all the time. Both have extra charges for 3 uses, one has extra speed and the other has my freezing immunity (not that I ever remember to pop when I get frozen, i only use the tawing part of it when opening freezing chests). The reason for the quick silvers is mostly for backtracking and whatnot since everything will be dead. Very rarely I do remember to use them on boss fights when I need to get faster at running away from something.

However I just cannot deal with handling many keys at a time. I do have a bit of a problem with hand coordination (reason why I never learned to play guitar really) so nothing I can do there except play around the need for multiple active stuff.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
Last edited by Elhazzared on Oct 12, 2015, 5:47:04 AM
I see. Well, I don't know what your coordination issue is, how severe it might be and whether or not this will be able to apply to you with that in mind, so I apologize if I'm overstepping my boundaries a bit here:

As a guitar player myself who suffered damage to my proximal radial nerve, I can speak directly the effects of playing an instrument in regards to improving (or in my case, rehabilitating) coordination.

If you have some spare cash lying around, you can pick up a cheapo guitar and even doing something relatively small like learning some scales and just running through them a couple times a day will help you out.

Obviously, I'm not recommending this for the purposes of PoE. Bit silly to go buy an instrument just to improve your flask timing. But it will help out with your finger coordination in general, improve your IRL QoL in that sense AND it sounds like you've wanted to learn guitar anyway, so it's a good excuse to get into music, too.
Yeah, money do is an issue here, the economic sistuation in my country really isn't that good. Still i did try to learn to play the guitar, I had a friend back in the day that had one and he did tried to teach me but just couldn't. Having both hands act independently like that really didn't worked out for me. As far as life related issues it doesn't really limits me in any way which is at least a good thing and reguaring gaming in general, it limits me a bit, but I know far worse cases than me.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
I'm glad to hear it isn't that severe an issue as far as life goes. =)

Any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Hi,

is a good idea to use a +1 arrow drillneck ??

Just find this and want your mind about it.
Thx
Not really, the reason why you use a drillneck is to gain bonus damage from piercing chance. If you use that you lose 10% innate pierce and you don't really need extra arrows.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
Last edited by Elhazzared on Oct 12, 2015, 9:58:26 AM
update:

divined my bow after I made some modifications and now have this:

took about 4 divines and bow cost ~10 ex to buy as a 6L and add all the mods and such. breezing through lvl 79 maps like a champ; normal atziri is a joke (including the titty bitch from trio which is the hardest part of the entire map, imo)

PA feels so strong.. haven't partied though so I don't know how it stacks up in that regard. Have nearly 30K PA cloud but only 100 rarity and 10 qty :p found two whispering ice on 1 map tho and 2 conservatory maps AND a doctor card.. maybe a lucky day? maybe all my RNG used up BUT this bow build is the most fun i've had since TS was introduced. Just need a lvl 4 empower to push things to a whole.notha.level.

also, if you can make
, its a nice addition but I'm using a ton of uniques so some of my jewels are just res ones which sucks :(

POE is life. POE is ♥.
Well, I decided to put magic find on the back burner and go all out for level 85.

Total crap gear: chest cost me 5c, bow cost 1c, paid 2c for one of the rings, 13c for Hidden Potential Jewel. The rest was self-found, self-crafted. And yet almost 4.9K life and a little over 10K PA DPS with 7 frenzy charges up.

It's really amazing how strong Hidden Potential is: 168% increased damage but could be 200% increased damage with an optimal jewel. It's really made a huge difference, adding about 3K DPS to my damage.

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:

Last edited by hankinsohl on Oct 12, 2015, 1:05:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info