[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

So which better?

Can i put in both of them multiple mods from master?(life and res?)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jul 2, 2015, 5:05:34 PM
The Goliath Gauntlets without question. You don't need accuracy or attack speed.

As for mods, all your suffixes are taken (you've rolled both prefix and suffix rarities, fire res is suffix, attack speed is suffix) so you can only master craft life, but out of the two gloves it's definitely the better option.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
just wanted to weigh in on my experience with this build. I've only been using a 5l (with item rarity gem) in a +2 bow and have had heaps of fun with this, currently lvl 82. Ive managed to cap resists easily with the gear Ive found and have about 220 IIR with PA. I have no drillneck and no specific rarity rings / belts etc....only rare items with some rarity on them.

Most maps I will run out of portals because of how many rares I get. Farming Voll gives me at least 5 rares and up to 11. Ive found 5 exalts in beta since last wipe, 5!!, along with so many good unique and rare items. Ive got chaos orbs from the recipe coming out my ears, alt orbs piled high from stuff when my recipe tabs are full, so many alcs I just alc random stuff just to see what happens.

And PA makes it so easy.....just shoot, wait for a bit and then stuff is dead. If stuff isnt dead just run around in your PA cloud for a bit while it chases you...and then it will be dead.

So my point is Ive been playing POE for ages and never had more then an exalt or 2 to my name (yes Im really still a noob when it comes to playing / currency). Im gonna roll this build in 2.0 and am really looking forward to actually having some coin to spend.

So thanks Serleth, love your work, much appreciated :)
I'm so glad that you're not only having fun with it, but seeing a lot of success! =D

I'd just like to emphasize for other people considering running this build, this portion:

"
d1alup wrote:
just wanted to weigh in on my experience with this build. I've only been using a 5l (with item rarity gem) in a +2 bow and have had heaps of fun with this, currently lvl 82. Ive managed to cap resists easily with the gear Ive found and have about 220 IIR with PA. I have no drillneck and no specific rarity rings / belts etc....only rare items with some rarity on them.

This build gets very effective, very quickly, without BiS gear. What's even better is that you could do Atziri runs with your setup: no Drillneck, no +3 bow.

=D
yup actually tried Atziri for the first time ever. Got all the way to her with only 2 deaths. Couldnt beat her but Im pretty sure that was down to me not knowing what to do....I never expected to get to her in the first place so hadnt prepared at all. I aim to do beat her in 2.0 once I watch a few youtube vids on how to do it :)
"
d1alup wrote:
yup actually tried Atziri for the first time ever. Got all the way to her with only 2 deaths. Couldnt beat her but Im pretty sure that was down to me not knowing what to do....I never expected to get to her in the first place so hadnt prepared at all. I aim to do beat her in 2.0 once I watch a few youtube vids on how to do it :)

that alone is a great success mate! Running up to her without knowing the fights is preeetty good, well done :) Atziri is mainly a mechanical fight, if you're into it, lookup some recordings to see what to do / avoid.

Also, we will see easier gearing in live than in beta, I am so glad this happens :)

just pray for the last patches not to screw us with some 'fun' 'balance' 'change' :D
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
d1alup wrote:

Pretty awesome man! For a first-time attempt, that's actually *really* impressive. I don't think I even got to Atziri in my first three attempts back during SoTV.

Also: my deathless run with this build, (almost) full MF gear ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NZn0_4FLGA
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 3, 2015, 12:22:28 AM
I've been thinking about testing a low life variant of this build - it could even use Solaris and come out with around 4k ES even as a conservative guess. Get a few zombies along with your golem to distract mobs and it shouldn't be too bad.

I couldn't think of a way to sustain blood rage without using Shavronne's Revelation ring, so I removed them in favour of ES and other damage. The main benefit of this type of build would be that you don't have to worry about resistances on gear and you are able to use Wondertrap for 100% IIR (although 20% IIQ may be better) and you don't need to use Alpha's Howl - although freeze immunity would be nice.

What do you think of this tree and aura set-up?

The Tree may not need that many mana nodes, not sure what level clarity is needed etc. And would most likely remove the Accuracy and Attack speed from Ranger start - go as Witch.

Would have to use Vaal Discipline for scary situations and CwS or CwDT set-up would help, but it may not be very tanky or Atziri viable.
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
Last edited by Mr_G on Jul 3, 2015, 12:40:00 AM
"
Mr_G wrote:
I've been thinking about testing a low life variant of this build - it could even use Solaris and come out with around 4k ES even as a conservative guess. Get a few zombies along with your golem to distract mobs and it shouldn't be too bad.

I couldn't think of a way to sustain blood rage without using Shavronne's Revelation ring, so I removed them in favour of ES and other damage. The main benefit of this type of build would be that you don't have to worry about resistances on gear and you are able to use Wondertrap for 100% IIR (although 20% IIQ may be better) and you don't need to use Alpha's Howl - although freeze immunity would be nice.

What do you think of this tree and aura set-up?

The Tree may not need that many mana nodes, not sure what level clarity is needed etc. And would most likely remove the Accuracy and Attack speed from Ranger start - go as Witch.

Would have to use Vaal Discipline for scary situations and CwS or CwDT set-up would help, but it may not be very tanky or Atziri viable.

Aura-wise you're fine, you may consider using Soul Strike instead of Drillneck for more ES (at least until Shavs), but tbh 174% ES is low to be relying mostly on Discipline, a chain belt, an amulet, and a helmet.

Your tree is fine (considering) but I think PA's node requirements just spread out too un-intuitively to work as LL.

I have a dual strike nuker that is extremely unique heavy and only has boots, chest, and two rings for ES + Discipline, and has 218% ES and still only just barely breaks 5.3k ES, and he's pretty well geared.

Spoiler

4K ES is *really* low. You can expect to get one-shot very often considering you won't have much of any evasion or armour and the increased monster difficulty in maps, and no way to regen or leech.

All told, even with zombies tanking for you, without any investment in summoner nodes or gear, I don't anticipate them lasting that long (especially with only 3), and the amount of downtime you'd be taking to resummon them constantly and having to play more carefully to avoid burning portals, etc would, in my opinion, be too huge a hit on clear speed just for getting an extra 100% rarity and losing 20% quantity.

All of that said, you're more than welcome to try it and report back your results. I'd be interested in hearing how it works in practice. But I think you're right: it will be very squishy, and very hard to pull off vs Atziri.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 3, 2015, 12:59:51 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
I have a dual strike nuker that is extremely unique heavy and only has boots, chest, and two rings for ES + Discipline, and has 218% ES and still only just barely breaks 5.3k ES, and he's pretty well geared.

Those are some nice rings, I have a tree with only 125% ES and it's got 4.8k ES without Soulstrike, but it does use Shavs, a 230 ES helm and lvl 22 Discipline, but aside from that not much besides ES% on rings/amulet.

I think ES now has only a 2 second delay before recharging, which might be ok, although like you said it will slow down clear speed unless I can get Vaal Discipline charges quickly. Zombies if there is space could be linked to minion life and fortify, they will get the resistance auras as well, depending on how fast I kill things they may not have to stand in fights for long aside from bosses.

It seems to be a bit of a bad trade off in survival - but it's worth testing, one thing I don't have much experience with is the monster difficulty with ES builds in 2.0. I've only made two life builds to maps in Beta, too many wipes to invest in ES gearing for me.

I will probably just test this build in standard with one of my Witches once I get a free respec, I doubt I will try and build it in the new leagues with Solaris.

Great guide though, I do want to try it in Warbands but I think this thread alone will raise the price of Drillneck and +1/+2 Bows. I'll most likely start out with something more suited to party culling - too many decisions!
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info