[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
rotan wrote:
Can a +3 bow be created with just alts and augments?

I got lucky today, made a +2 bow after 20 alts, then I decided to throw 3 fusings into it and got 6L lol.

nice, congrats, now put a leo lvl 3 mod on it, there's space for up to 30% increased damage over time :)

and
"
ZX42 wrote:
'levelling'

It isn't that slow, actually. I tried levelling with bow (SA, iceshot and some PA's) vs SpecThrow with a 2h, it's nothing you would want to respec to. It's more how you progress through zones and what quests you leave out to do them later but much faster. You generally want to be underlevelled in SC compared to the zone, then catch up levels at the famous levelling spots (ledge, city, felshrine, docks, aqueducts or dried) after you have rushed the story zones. Leave out single mobs, it's not worth stopping to kill stragglers, kill the packs and even skip the beefy mini-bosses that take lots of time but don't are part of the main story to progress.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Eh, just a lil' something I came across.

We dont have any instrument for breaking barrels / crates / etc. on the go. This was always something that turned me to Herald of Thunder, great god how many orbs and uniques have I found from those measely breakables.

Is there any way we attain such a 'passiv-ish' mean to destroy things on the go?

I could imagine a SA-CoH-Vuln-Chain 4Link the most, yet we don't use curses for every pack and thus would still lose out on a big deal of breakables.

What's your stance on this, dear Ser?
"
Chronodroid wrote:
Is there any way we attain such a 'passiv-ish' mean to destroy things on the go?

I could imagine a SA-CoH-Vuln-Chain 4Link the most, yet we don't use curses for every pack and thus would still lose out on a big deal of breakables.

What's your stance on this, dear Ser?

Passive, not that I can think of, but a SA-FA combo is good enough really. While things are dying, you shoot the breakables. Your idea's fairly good as a combo sort of semi-auto-curse + breakables.

I was thinking about it before the character got wiped but was more focused on refining the tree than worrying about that. If you set it up, lmk how it works for you.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Sorry for too lazy to go through the 14 pages...

Just a quick question, you have 3.6% of life regen from your passive tree, but how do you handle Blood Rage?

also, looks like we don't have a skill to smash the boxes ?
Last edited by SaoDiSeng on Jul 1, 2015, 1:34:00 AM
"
SaoDiSeng wrote:
Sorry for too lazy to go through the 14 pages...

Just a quick question, you have 3.6% of life regen from your passive tree, but how do you handle Blood Rage?

also, looks like we don't have a skill to smash the boxes ?

Look directly above your post for smashing.

Blood rage with 3.6% regen = mostly mitigated. Blood Siphon deals with the rest (LGoK) and then just smart flask usage.
3.6 regen vs 4.0 degen, it's barely noticeable imo, plus you have life gained on kill and chug a pot from time to time, so it's doable without hesitation.

the thing with breakables, don't need to reaad 14 pages, just scroll up some posts above yours. I will run SA with some changing support gems (chain, coh, vuln, faster attacks) to see if we can reliably break the containers and barrels. We are not going for accuracy, therefor realiably hitting enemies might be hard :S
"
Chronodroid wrote:
3.6 regen vs 4.0 degen, it's barely noticeable imo, plus you have life gained on kill and chug a pot from time to time, so it's doable without hesitation.

the thing with breakables, don't need to reaad 14 pages, just scroll up some posts above yours. I will run SA with some changing support gems (chain, coh, vuln, faster attacks) to see if we can reliably break the containers and barrels. We are not going for accuracy, therefor realiably hitting enemies might be hard :S

Seeing as the build has a decent amount of increased AoE you could use a Ball Lightning + CoH combination for cursing and breakable destruction?
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
"
Mr_G wrote:

Seeing as the build has a decent amount of increased AoE you could use a Ball Lightning + CoH combination for cursing and breakable destruction?

I will have to see, since we don't spec for cast speed on the one hand, and on the other, you need to specifically aim for the destructibles with BL. You also get way more stacks of bleed / thorn reflect with BL in comparison with SA-chain.

I won't be playing beta until late next week or not at all because real life, maybe someone has the opportunity to try this.
"
Chronodroid wrote:
"
Mr_G wrote:

I will have to see, since we don't spec for cast speed on the one hand, and on the other, you need to specifically aim for the destructibles with BL. You also get way more stacks of bleed / thorn reflect with BL in comparison with SA-chain.

I won't be playing beta until late next week or not at all because real life, maybe someone has the opportunity to try this.

Another thing to note: SA goes up to 8 arrows now at level 20, compared to the 1.3 5-arrow cap. So it's a little bit more fire-and-forget.
I made some calculations and come to this tree:

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgUtBbUGIwceCC4M8g-rFSAWvxmKGY4ZtBqPG8gfQSP2JIsmlSpbLYMwcTB8Nj06Qj7PQzFDNkcGR35JE0lRS3hNklFHUq9S7FO7VUtaGmHiYqxlTWf8bAhsjG1sdO11y3aCefZ67311gl6ExYTZieCMNo19jX6Nv4_6kx-VLpcGm42btZ2qoSKiQKXLrUq0xbTRt7a7TbvjvTa95r6nv9XC7MMzwzrEosS4yAzLvdDQ037UI9X42sHb591f3ajjhOZY5oHqYu2D73rw1fGK9Pj2o_ba-wn-ug==

What do you think? Is it ok to trad 13% inc life and about 20% evasion for full acro?
IGN: Sociopathy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info