[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Hey.. why not take Quickness ... it's 1 node away and you getting some slight dps upgrade

Because we're scaling the cloud damage, purely, which sees no benefit from increased physical damage.

The modifiers that scale the cloud damage are Area of Effect, Chaos, Damage Over Time, and Projectile.

The only reason I'd take Quickness is if you felt you needed the extra movement speed, but for me personally that's a level 90+ adjustment.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Hey.. why not take Quickness ... it's 1 node away and you getting some slight dps upgrade

Because we're scaling the cloud damage, purely, which sees no benefit from increased physical damage.

The modifiers that scale the cloud damage are Area of Effect, Chaos, Damage Over Time, and Projectile.

The only reason I'd take Quickness is if you felt you needed the extra movement speed, but for me personally that's a level 90+ adjustment.

Could be useful for leveling am I right?
"
Could be useful for leveling am I right?

Oh yeah absolutely, before you make the switch to PA while you're still doing split arrow / t-shot / whatever that's phys-based, yeah, you take Quickness then spec out of it later.

Sorry, I didn't know that's where you were headed with it X_X Thought you were referring to a finished build.
I have yet another question - I just got my Death's Harp and at same moment my friend crafted me :

Difference on Tornado Shot whith LMP and PPAD is just 149 dps in favour of this rare bow... but Death's Harp have 1 arrow more.. I don't know which one I should use?
Last edited by Duskhorizonggmu on Jun 29, 2015, 6:47:53 AM
Some1 played TS+ puncture build and this one?
I'm very interested to change my gameplay due TS just boring me lot :P
In 2.0 i will try something different, PA is #1 on my builds list ;)
How it looks comparing to TS+puncture in terms of DPS and survivality?
Any1 played both builds?
"
Difference on Tornado Shot whith LMP and PPAD is just 149 dps in favour of this rare bow... but Death's Harp have 1 arrow more.. I don't know which one I should use?

149 dps that early is significant. Use the rare.
I've seen a couple references here and on reddit saying that early (normal) bow leveling is pretty painful compared to live. Your rough outline in the OP suggests rustic recipe with PHY bow till 38. Would you still suggest that or do you think a non-bow skill be better until 38?

Some leveling skill suggestions I've seen are flame totem, glacial cascade, or ice crash...

Anyway, thanks for the guide! I'm planning to use this as my starting build in the new Awakening SC league.
Can a +3 bow be created with just alts and augments?

I got lucky today, made a +2 bow after 20 alts, then I decided to throw 3 fusings into it and got 6L lol.

"
ZX42 wrote:
I've seen a couple references here and on reddit saying that early (normal) bow leveling is pretty painful compared to live. Your rough outline in the OP suggests rustic recipe with PHY bow till 38. Would you still suggest that or do you think a non-bow skill be better until 38?

Some leveling skill suggestions I've seen are flame totem, glacial cascade, or ice crash...

Anyway, thanks for the guide! I'm planning to use this as my starting build in the new Awakening SC league.

It's not that much different.

Levelling with anything melee isn't a great idea for Ranger unless you really feel like respeccing later on.

But there's no harm using Flame Totem, since it will scale off the projectile damage, though since you aren't going to be running dual totems it's best used just as a support damage source while you continue on with rustic bows.

You can mule a Flame Totem by finishing the Mud Flats with Templar. Fairly quick.

And to be clear, it's Rustic to 32 (Death's Harp) *or* to 38 if you don't feel like spending on a Death's Harp for 6 levels, then at that point you can switch to PA full time if you want.

"
rotan wrote:
Can a +3 bow be created with just alts and augments?

No. Magic items are 1 prefix & 1 suffix max. +2 bow gems and +1 all gems are both prefixes, so you would need to regal.

And gratz on the 6L =)

Now that you already have it 6L'd, you may actually consider it to be worthwhile for you to invest occasionally in trying to roll +3 yourself.

I showed the math on the rough odds and cost of doing so here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291803/page/1#p10812312

and then the inverse method here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291803/page/2#p10812722

Although I'd still buy a +3 bow, then 6L it :P
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 29, 2015, 8:29:57 PM
Thanks for the help! Yeah I might try to +3 it down the road, I always had great luck when it came with bows in this game for some reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info