[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:
"
I'm levelling on live servers atm and mine skill build is :

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgYjCC4Pqxa_GYoZjh9BJpUtg1M1fXWXBpuNm7WhIqJAtUi748Siy73TfuaB7YP0-P66

Is that correct? Any next goal you would aim for?

Also - I can't really spend money on properly linked gear so I'm improvising - have G-R-R helmet and I decided to link tornado shot - added fire damage - elemental damage is that correct or you would recommend some other support gems with those colours?

Yep, doing fine.

On live, I wouldn't recommend using PA until you can get a +2 bow at level 64, but if you want to give it a shot with a +1, you would need to pick up the chaos cluster between shadow/ranger and entropy, grabbing Blood Drinker on the way.

Otherwise, grab a Death's Harp, get Blood Drinker, Aspect of the Eagle, then start moving toward Duelist.

With those colours your gems are fine (especially if you're running HoA or Hatred to help with WED) it's fine, but I would recommend Tshot - Ppad - Lmp, then added fire for your 4L.

Thank you for swift answer :

I will go Death's Harp way cause I already have 4 linked ready for me - one question : why LMP and not GMP?
"

Thank you for swift answer :

I will go Death's Harp way cause I already have 4 linked ready for me - one question : why LMP and not GMP?

Mana cost, mostly. If you feel you can sustain GMP, then use that.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Leveling for 2.0, when would you recommend going PA? Level 31 seems a decent place because you have Conc Effect, Slower Proj, +1 bows, and at least one chaos damage cluster. Thoughts?
Conc Effect Without AoE isn't recommended. +AoE = level 38.

Get to 38 with a +1 bow and Entropy + a Chaos Cluster, and it starts to be effective at that point. You really do need at least two clusters to really start seeing the build accelerate.
Hi,
I got a question. On the PoE wiki page for Poison Arrow it says:

"Concentrated Effect will decrease the size of the AoE and increase its damage. However, due to the nature of the skill and the wording of its modifiers, the damage increase will not appear on the tooltip."

Does this mean that the dmg from conc effect isn't even shown on the creenshots you posted or was that changed in Beta?
"
RastonXP wrote:
Does this mean that the dmg from conc effect isn't even shown on the creenshots you posted or was that changed in Beta?

That's correct. You have to apply it, and the AoE damage modifiers from Carcass Jack, yourself.

So if we were running a full DPS spec with a level 21 PA and Empower 3 with 6 Frenzy Charges (about 20k tooltip dps), a level 20 Concentrated Effect (59% in Beta) would be 20,000 * 1.59 = 31,800 effective dps, although that doesn't include the 20% increased AoE damage from Carcass Jack (not going to go in depth on the math just now), but it would roughly come out to 21,000 base * 1.59 = 33,900 final estimated dps.

(For the record, a level 4 empower would put it to about 22,500 (tooltip + Carcass) which = 35,755 final).
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 28, 2015, 4:40:49 PM
Hi There love your build , Gonna try it out on standard live u got ant suggestion on 1.3 Skill tree or is it only worth playing on 2.0 would love ur expertise on an 1.3 Skill tree
"
zyprus wrote:
Hi There love your build , Gonna try it out on standard live u got ant suggestion on 1.3 Skill tree or is it only worth playing on 2.0 would love ur expertise on an 1.3 Skill tree

It's fine to run it in 1.3. It just won't have quite the same clear speed until the changes to frenzy charges / slower proj / base PA cloud damage come into effect. You'll see about 10k tooltip in a finished build.

The tree is more or less the same as the 2.0 version except you don't need Frenzy charges or the jewel nodes.

You can use this tree for now until you get the free respec with 2.0.
Playing this build on standard right and I'm really enjoying it.

I swapped out Increased Aoe for Pierce. Since everything dies so quickly the decrease in the cloud size seems negligible to me. Just need to get a better bow.

Currently at 14/247
Last edited by Nearlydead on Jun 28, 2015, 11:06:42 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
zyprus wrote:

It's fine to run it in 1.3. It just won't have quite the same clear speed until the changes to frenzy charges / slower proj / base PA cloud damage come into effect. You'll see about 10k tooltip in a finished build.

The tree is more or less the same as the 2.0 version except you don't need Frenzy charges or the jewel nodes.

You can use this tree for now until you get the free respec with 2.0.

Hey.. why not take Quickness ... it's 1 node away and you getting some slight dps upgrade

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info