[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
xlkong wrote:
"IIQ & IIR modifiers from support gems currently do not work with kills made by damage over time effects, such as the poison from poison arrow. Modifiers from your gear will affect those kills however."

It is from
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707

As of patch 1.0.6, IIR/IIQ gem works with degen skills. The patch notes say "Righteous Fire", but it's all degen skills.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 26, 2015, 4:21:41 PM
@Chronodroid

Depending on the gem, at level 85 the gem levels from vendors are 9-11.
Second dumb question.

I'm paying this game since january 2014 so I know the basics of the game, but since now I've only played in standard. With act 4 I plan on trying the new standard league with your build.

I have no idea how the economy work in the new league (I also never tried playing MF), so I'd like to know if your build is gonna be good for my first character in this new league. Because right now a +2/+1 bow on standard cost around 5/6ex min + 3ex worth of jewel/fusing to 5link it I think. Same price for the drillneck.

Sorry if the question sounds dumb, and sorry for my english, not a native english speaker.
Last edited by DokyDok on Jun 26, 2015, 8:34:51 PM
"
DokyDok wrote:
I'd like to know if your build is gonna be good for my first character in this new league.

Yep! It will be great as a first character. It sounds more expensive than it is, because you can really start to farm in the currency quite quickly with this build (0.5ex/hr when it's finished). It's more expensive to gear than my Flameblast MF build, but since Proliferation is getting the hammer, I made this guide.

But to give you an idea of how I progressed this build (granted, I had days off, so 8 hour playing days):

Day 1: 0-55ish, Merciless Ledge
Day 2: 56-70, bought a 5L ilvl 64 bow, crafted +1 all gems on it. Bought empower, socketed it immediately (made it level 2). Bought Aurseize and Goldwyrm, got some decent alcs, had about 20/120 MF.
Day 3: 70-78. Dropped Pledge of Hands. Traded it straight up for a +3 bow. Fixed some gear, 20/180 MF.
Day 4: 79-83. Dropped two Alphas Howls, and a Rat's Nest. (1ex each = 3ex). Had enough recipes done and misc currency to have another 2ex worth. Bought Drillneck and 5L'd the bow.
Day 5-7: Took a break from mapping, farmed Docks for sets like mad to sell for fusings.
Day 8 83-86: 1k fusings. Spam. 6L bow. Continued levelling. Dropped more uniques. Sold for Andvarius rings. 20/220 MF.
Day 9: 86-89: Finished the build, put together the guides. And here we are.

So in 9 days (72 hours of playing) I went from nothing to a finished MF build, and was starting to pull in 0.5ex / hr.

Also, keep in mind that the +3 bow and Drillneck are just improvements to your dps, they are not requirements. You can get this build fully functional with a 5L +2 (or +1 all gem) bow just fine, and a rare quiver with life and resistance.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 26, 2015, 9:49:48 PM
Thanks for your answer!

I'm gonna start in the fresh league with your build then, looks good. So excited for the expansion to come on the live server !
Glad to help! And me too =D

Two weeks!
I'm thinking about this build too for the first month of the new HC league. Altho, will you make any final HC version of this build or the rough sketch you have is the final one? I have never played ranger so I don't really know the ranger side of the passive tree in and out so I would need a lot of time to min max it if it isn't yet. Thanks again!
"
buks wrote:
I'm thinking about this build too for the first month of the new HC league. Altho, will you make any final HC version of this build or the rough sketch you have is the final one? I have never played ranger so I don't really know the ranger side of the passive tree in and out so I would need a lot of time to min max it if it isn't yet. Thanks again!

I have no definitive plans to do anything past the rough sketch, at least not in time for release. I will eventually roll it in Hardcore, but you can expect that to be anywhere between 2-6 weeks into The Awakening.

So, I'll tweak it and make sure it's optimized for what I theorize will work in HC, but I will definitely take consideration and contributions from those that want to develop an HC variant and give credit where it's due.

Last edited by Serleth on Jun 27, 2015, 4:27:33 AM
I'm levelling on live servers atm and mine skill build is :

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgYjCC4Pqxa_GYoZjh9BJpUtg1M1fXWXBpuNm7WhIqJAtUi748Siy73TfuaB7YP0-P66

Is that correct? Any next goal you would aim for?

Also - I can't really spend money on properly linked gear so I'm improvising - have G-R-R helmet and I decided to link tornado shot - added fire damage - elemental damage is that correct or you would recommend some other support gems with those colours?

My gear so far :

"
I'm levelling on live servers atm and mine skill build is :

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgYjCC4Pqxa_GYoZjh9BJpUtg1M1fXWXBpuNm7WhIqJAtUi748Siy73TfuaB7YP0-P66

Is that correct? Any next goal you would aim for?

Also - I can't really spend money on properly linked gear so I'm improvising - have G-R-R helmet and I decided to link tornado shot - added fire damage - elemental damage is that correct or you would recommend some other support gems with those colours?

Yep, doing fine.

On live, I wouldn't recommend using PA until you can get a +2 bow at level 64, but if you want to give it a shot with a +1, you would need to pick up the chaos cluster between shadow/ranger and entropy, grabbing Blood Drinker on the way.

Otherwise, grab a Death's Harp, get Blood Drinker, Aspect of the Eagle, then start moving toward Duelist.

With those colours your gems are fine (especially if you're running HoA or Hatred to help with WED) it's fine, but I would recommend Tshot - Ppad - Lmp, then added fire for your 4L.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 27, 2015, 5:06:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info