[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

That, and the "half regen" is now 20%-60%, so if you were figuring to roll over that one, you don't have to anymore (not as much anyway).

Generally a lot of good changes to maps, and the new drop rates are actually reasonable with some currency investment. I was alcing maps today and was easily able to sustain 73-75 maps with consistency rather than just praying to RNGesus.

Unless of course, that was just RNGesus for the day lol. Didn't get a huge sample size.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 26, 2015, 1:14:23 AM
"
The levelling process in 1.3 really isn't all that different from what I've described so far in my 2.0 spoiler.

The central difference is that since Slower Proj in 1.3 does not add a Multiplicative Damage boost, you're better off using Faster Projectiles for now. That, and (again because of the damage difference), you will almost definitely need to wait until you have access to at least a +2 bow (ilvl 64) before switching to PA.

That "more" multiplier that exists on the Beta version of slower proj really does make *that* big a difference.

So yeah, in short:

Rustic Sash bows into Death's Harp, split arrow / t-shot (or your choice of bow skill) to level 64, then buy a cheap 5L +2 bow (or a regular 5L bow, and spend a few alts getting +2 yourself, it's not that expensive), then you can start running PA full time.

I would personally opt in 1.3 to just use Death's Harp all the way to 64, and then respec some points into Entropy / Corruption / Method to the Madness around that time. You will need at least two of those three clusters when you make the change, so either plan to level with those points invested and doing not a whole lot, or plan to spend some respec points.

Thank you for answer :)

What about gems I should use during levelling phase? You say that PA is not viable till later game - what I should use for group clearing / single target?

Edit : I see you recommend tornado shot - what about earlier levels?
Last edited by Duskhorizonggmu on Jun 26, 2015, 1:36:04 AM
I personally would go split arrow > tornado shot > death's harp > level 64 > 5L +2 bow with PA.
"
Serleth wrote:
That, and the "half regen" is now 20%-60%, so if you were figuring to roll over that one, you don't have to anymore (not as much anyway).

Generally a lot of good changes to maps, and the new drop rates are actually reasonable with some currency investment. I was alcing maps today and was easily able to sustain 73-75 maps with consistency rather than just praying to RNGesus.

Unless of course, that was just RNGesus for the day lol. Didn't get a huge sample size.

You in fact are not the only one reporting much better und stable drop rates of maps. That makes me looking forward, since with our PA-mf we are not going to do rotations.

With the recent changes to IIR on maps, do you feel it's justified to drop one andvarius and go for a well rolled Gold Ring?

And can you tell me what level the highest gems from vendors are? Im in the 40ies and the gem levels are 12+ at my vendors, thats not bad at all hehe. Means perhaps I just can level empowers / enlightens in offhands and do fine with buying other gems from NPCs.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Chronodroid wrote:
With the recent changes to IIR on maps, do you feel it's justified to drop one andvarius and go for a well rolled Gold Ring?

No.

Take a look at Appendix A here

Let's say we're running that map I imgur'd earlier. (I'll spoiler it at the end of this post so you don't have to click back :P)

Let's assume we have a complete build running, so 20/300 with two Andvarius rings.

Profane Crate gives us 82 quant and 42 IIR. For a net value of 102 / 342 (although this isn't statistically accurate with how map mods work in conjunction with gear, it will do for demonstration purposes).

According to that farming analysis, we would see 13.14% rare items, and 0.26% unique items.

Drop an Andvarius for a mid-tier rare gold ring, let's say we'll lose 50% iir. The closest value we have is -100, so we'll use that for comparison which gets us 13.67 rare items but halves our unique chance down to 0.13%.

Now I said moments ago that it wasn't statistically accurate. But the values illustrate that the rare percentage stays relatively close, and the unique drop rate absolutely tanks.

Granted, I'm willing to consider unique drop rate an abberation, because it's only 100 runs. So fuck it, let's ignore uniques and just deal with rares.

NOW.

Factor in that map IIR is effectively multiplicative (direct quote from Mark). Therefore, the more IIR that we have, the greater IIR we'll see come out on the other end after the map IIR factors in. It's just like Concentrated Effect applying *more* damage.

Consider that map IIQ operates similarly, the changes to maps do nothing but benefit us running maxed IIR, since we do not see diminishing returns despite the multiplier, because map IIQ will always roll higher than map IIR.

My understanding of how it actually works would go like this

Player IIQ > Map IIQ > Net IIQ

20 > 84 > (20*1.84) = 36.8

Player IIR > Map IIR > Net IIR

300 > 42 > (300*1.42) = 426 (same calculation with 250% base = 355% using gold ring instead of Andvarius)

So, 37/426 (mine) vs 37/355 (yours)

16% rare items (mine) vs 14% rare items (yours).

"
And can you tell me what level the highest gems from vendors are? Im in the 40ies and the gem levels are 12+ at my vendors, thats not bad at all hehe. Means perhaps I just can level empowers / enlightens in offhands and do fine with buying other gems from NPCs.

I'm done playing for the day but I'll try to remember to get back to you on gem levels tomorrow. I think it's 15 @ level 90, but don't quote me on that until I have a chance to confirm tomorrow.

That map img for convenience
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 26, 2015, 2:49:46 AM
and since we mainly aim for a good flow for recipe and alts, this small delta will be huge when accumulated throughout all the maps will will run.

Thanks once more for basing your responses on quality and expressing them nicely.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Chronodroid wrote:
and since we mainly aim for a good flow for recipe and alts, this small delta will be huge when accumulated throughout all the maps will will run.

Thanks once more for basing your responses on quality and expressing them nicely.

Just glad to be sharing the money-making with the community =) And thank you for your words.
Looking forward to using this guide for my first build of the upcoming season :)
Nice build! I will try it in 2.0.

I still have a question.

There is a statement about IIQ/IIR on PA:

"IIQ & IIR modifiers from support gems currently do not work with kills made by damage over time effects, such as the poison from poison arrow. Modifiers from your gear will affect those kills however."

It is from
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707

Have you ever tested the difference when you use/notuse IIR gem on your 6L Bow?

Hope for your reply:)
"
xlkong wrote:
Nice build! I will try it in 2.0.

I still have a question.

There is a statement about IIQ/IIR on PA:

"IIQ & IIR modifiers from support gems currently do not work with kills made by damage over time effects, such as the poison from poison arrow. Modifiers from your gear will affect those kills however."

It is from
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707

Have you ever tested the difference when you use/notuse IIR gem on your 6L Bow?

Hope for your reply:)

That is a thread from 2011 bro...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info