Is this game broken?

Problem: when i enter new area, use teleporter or teleport scroll, when i open boxes or open npc shop windows game crashes.

However, this shouldn't be because of my PC. I play ArcheAge, WoW, Trove and Smite with no problems (some of those on lowest settings), so i wonder is game broken or i can fix this somehow.

I would like to play this game, but getting crash every 15min drives my crazy.

No, your PC is old and either has a 32 bit os and/or less than 4 gig of ram
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
LOL @ Title
Then the game is extremely poorly optimized, because more demanding games works just fine while this one crashes non-stop.
What a shame.
Considering that scenario is specific to you, I would say your computer is poorly optimized for this game.

That other games work fine doesn't give you any guarantees, every application is different.

Anyways, I found this for you in the sticky post: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/371483

Topic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73322

I get an error message and a crash after playing the game for a while.

EOUTOFMEMORY or Unable to Map File or Unable to MapViewOfFile
This usually occurs when your game file runs out of ram, common on PCs with low ram or running 32bit versions of windows. Running the game with Texture Quality set to Medium usually fixes this, though having less than 4gb of ram will cause problems after changing areas a number of times. We will improve the memory recovery system in future.
You can also reduce the rate of these crashes slightly by adding -gc 2 to the end of your Path of Exile shortcut target, as shown here:

For Steam:
You can enable the -gc 2 switch by right clicking Path of Exile in your Steam Library and selecting Properties -> General Tab -> Set Launch Options. Here you can add -gc 2.

Last edited by Startkabels on Jun 18, 2015, 7:55:08 AM
"
regonix wrote:
Then the game is extremely poorly optimized, because more demanding games works just fine while this one crashes non-stop.
What a shame.

Your take on "more demanding" is subjective as you're providing no concrete data to back up your claim.

Other games might be more visually appealing or otherwise have higher requirements (because I think the requirements for PoE are set too low) but if you look at how it runs, it is much more demanding than most games out there.

Not only does PoE make heavy use of the GPU for shaders and other assets, but it uses a lot of memory (both in and out) as well as quite heavy usage of the HDD to fetch and load all those assets, in addition to quite heavy usage of the CPU.

Overall, PoE is one of the most demanding games I've played when it comes to system resources.

Get a better PC, or tune the one you have if it's not a resource issue.
"
Your take on "more demanding" is subjective as you're providing no concrete data to back up your claim.

Ahhmmmm
"
I play ArcheAge, WoW, Trove and Smite with no problems

Also, ty for that -gc 2, gonna try that out now.
"
regonix wrote:
Ahhmmmm
"

Also, ty for that -gc 2, gonna try that out now.

My point stands. Those games aren't "more demanding". You're perception of them is subjective, not objective. Although in not personally familiar with all of them, I think you'll find through benchmarks and testing that they aren't actually more demanding.

I make no claims to the optimization though.. Yes, the demand PoE has is partially attributed to lack of optimization in certain areas.
"
regonix wrote:
"

Ahhmmmm
"

Trove, basic game minimal textures, minimal impact on ram
Smite, moba...not particularly high impact on ram
WoW, specifically designed to run on toasters by a company that has hundreds of developers and millions of dollars to throw at the problem, also how the game is loaded minimizes ram usage.
Archeage, similar to WoW as in how it loads the areas.

Now try something a bit more demanding, like Swtor when ilium was a thing(crashed due to ram overload because there was so much shit going on)
Tera same deal during the nexuses when they first came out.

GGG could easily fix this problem for you, at the cost of constant pauses on the client as the game loads the assets...the fix being not loading many assets or any assets until they are needed...try using --nopreload.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Now try something a bit more demanding, like Swtor when ilium was a thing(crashed due to ram overload because there was so much shit going on)
And after that try something like witcher 3, get stable 40 fps on high settings with occasional drops to thirties(no less), and then sit scratching your head trying to understand why on the same HW PoE gives no more than 60-70fps on minimal settings while dropping to one-digit values if playing smth like CoC. In other words, cut the sh*t about "your perception is subjective". Everyone's perception is, it doesn't make PoE engine better at all.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info