Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

Thinking about doing this build... However I looked at the price of Rathpith Globe... yeah... Is it required for this build? Are any of the uniques required for this build? And if I don't use them will this build still be Tempest Viable? Thanks for any feedback.
Am I missing something: How do you cast Tempest shield with 0 mana?
"
Sn1p3r wrote:
"
PoEDan79 wrote:
Yea. I'm going to run grace + arctic armour + purity of lightning. Atm im running grace + arctic armour + herald of thunder

What gear are you running?

Hear is my gear

Current stats at level 92
14.9k tooltip dps with LMP
5.3k life 2.4k es
63/75 block
7.3k evasion
Last edited by PoEDan79 on Aug 7, 2015, 10:32:10 PM
Thanks PoEDan79 for that build link, I'm thinking of definitely leaning towards your overall selection o f gems overs what I'm currently using.

Dropping the BM gem to allow me to 4l something more important I think is overall just better, the cost is so minuscule atm. I'll probably run some of those more defensive gems on my 2nd set of weapons until I manage to snatch a Lightning Coil.
got this on a random vaal:

looks like it's time to run this build :^)
Last edited by alexvsevil on Aug 8, 2015, 7:04:03 AM
Hi everyone.

Im in desperate need of some pointers.

Im trying this build, and while fun i just dont seem to do any good.

My buffed tooltip dps for my Incinerate is 5k. While the gem is lvl 18 and im on a 5L i cant for the life of me see how it will reach even the 10k mark with a 6L and lvl 20.

Neither do i see how ppl can reach 70 ish block. Im at 59 with tempest shield up and all jewels have at least 1% block.

And since i see everyone else have full defensive rares and as such get their damage from somewhere else i have no idea what to do?

And im lvl 84.
4.5k hp
2.1k shield

Greetings

"
Canatul wrote:
Hi everyone.

Im in desperate need of some pointers.

Im trying this build, and while fun i just dont seem to do any good.

My buffed tooltip dps for my Incinerate is 5k. While the gem is lvl 18 and im on a 5L i cant for the life of me see how it will reach even the 10k mark with a 6L and lvl 20.

Neither do i see how ppl can reach 70 ish block. Im at 59 with tempest shield up and all jewels have at least 1% block.

And since i see everyone else have full defensive rares and as such get their damage from somewhere else i have no idea what to do?

And im lvl 84.
4.5k hp
2.1k shield

Greetings

Alot of your dps comes from jewels so try get really decent cast speed/fire damage ones with block or life if you can. If your lacking on dps it's probably better just to go for something like a 15% damage 6% cast speed jewel than a 1% block 10% damage jewel, especially considering you're on Warbands.
Your hp/es are fine for your level and gear. Also it's pretty hard to reach 70% + block now that jewels are 1% block instead of the original 2%.
A big upgrade you should do is get a decent shield. 28%+ block with 50%+ spell damage and some life.

Also on your passive tree you have a point wasted by sanctuary where you have pathed through the strength nodes instead of the one dex node. Use this point to pick up that jewel node between shadow/witch. Also you've taken the resistance nodes instead of the projectile damage at the scion start. This'll be another decent damage boost.

How best to craft jewels?
1% block/life - augmentation - regal
or
1% block/life - regal
Last edited by Fodex on Aug 8, 2015, 11:26:35 AM
testing myself
Last edited by crystall on Aug 8, 2015, 1:17:27 PM
"
Fodex wrote:
How best to craft jewels?
1% block/life - augmentation - regal
or
1% block/life - regal

Why should' t you aug jewel? You can' t craft 1 extra mod from master so you only lose 1 mod. And if you regal a jewel with 1 prefix only, you got 1/3 chance to roll another prefix. If you aug before regaling you got 1/2 chance to roll another prefix with regal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info