Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

Would a 6L mantle work with this build? Or more to the point, would any of my current 216 IIR Incinerate build equipment work with this build?

Current Build Eq

I'm guessing the wand has to go, but what about the rest?
"
Navarin wrote:

You're also missing a jewel socket which could be up to 4% block with a nice jewel.

nope, i picked 6 socket
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
"
Shinare wrote:
Would a 6L mantle work with this build? Or more to the point, would any of my current 216 IIR Incinerate build equipment work with this build?
Since you reserve 100% with EB, you would always be at low mana and therefore always take 100% increased damage from spells with mantle. I would not recommend it, at least not in HC.

The 100% increased crit chance is also worthless since incinerate has 0% base crit chance.
Last edited by Maser on Jun 24, 2015, 3:31:00 PM
Is it possible to build this character on marauder?
If possible can you help me link the tree? thanks for the guide
"
hupple wrote:
Herald of Ice will not work with Curse on Hit
Only Herald of Thunder can because after killing a shocked mob, it will "hit" mobs around you with lightning bolts. Herald of Ice will not "hit". Just aoe dmg.

Err, this is wrong. Herald of Ice 100% works with Curse on Hit. I have used it in a Glacial Cascade build as well as watched multiple people in various other builds use the exact same combination.

Just to make sure, I went and tested it as of this post time and yes, I can apply curses with Herald of Ice.

EDIT: Continued testing and unfortunately Abyssal Cry does not apply curses with the explosion Chaos damage. Shame. Curse on Hit must not work with the Warcry keyword.
Last edited by Navarin on Jun 25, 2015, 6:28:19 AM
"
seeallover wrote:
Is it possible to build this character on marauder?
If possible can you help me link the tree? thanks for the guide

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCAaPu8OfuJQR3k55FHp1Webrj7GrsT2PC0LYa-ng8yDX69sPQ-3PmjyBjn-CvAf-6rYvaIA8wY1kgSzUWC18sBmbqpFR0rIMtE_J1pS6-4qTaiaHNyFMn1bAO57w48arEcs6VFMFSCGs8pKCTMtg2-e0TYZtIMJ4iy-p0ZxdctlTbQM6mK9NsrTzZhHfr6KjX6E2ZMnoS9DMS_Mf8bviNrBwYKioxGW-TcuU3TtwfMHHtfP028FLYIelS5JsXrv2wvw1UCgSVGP-sC_0NCplV9qDPesrw==

Build gets a litte bit more life and armor.
Still feels really inefficient compared to scion.
I am only curseing high fire res mobs with elemental weekness or flameability.
But my build is different so i don t use LL and Fire pen in my 4 Link.
Otherwise the curse doesn t really last long because the CWDT-Temporal chain setup is really reliable. So if the survivability is good enough u could replace temp chains with an offensiv curse.
But only play HC on live so that is not really an option for me personally.
Hi do you think it's possible to apply the concept of this build to a melee character? I was thinking about how op would be an aegis aurora + soul taker for 0 ES cost skill and ES back on block, mabye using BoR, something similar to this:
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAO4DlgSzBS0GOQceCTMLYQz3EZYUIBUgGbQaPhzcHt8qTSzpLYMvzDLRNZI7KDwtPQ8_J0CgRUdGcUd-SVFJsUrIT1ZQR1FgXz9famBDYuxlTWebaPJuPW6qcql07Xk5eu97w3zZfuJ_xoIeguSDCYNfg8yE2YTvhTKGs4hCiq-PGo_6kBGTJ5UuoS-iAKmVrK-uPq9sr6ezP7QMtfK2irc-vTa-gL6Kvqe-vMBmwL_BgsHFxPbGrsrT0NDRNtfP2L3awdsL4izkUevu7w7viPAf8NXzBvcy-Tf7qv4K
"
crazyjake wrote:
Hi do you think it's possible to apply the concept of this build to a melee character? I was thinking about how op would be an aegis aurora + soul taker for 0 ES cost skill and ES back on block, mabye using BoR, something similar to this:
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAO4DlgSzBS0GOQceCTMLYQz3EZYUIBUgGbQaPhzcHt8qTSzpLYMvzDLRNZI7KDwtPQ8_J0CgRUdGcUd-SVFJsUrIT1ZQR1FgXz9famBDYuxlTWebaPJuPW6qcql07Xk5eu97w3zZfuJ_xoIeguSDCYNfg8yE2YTvhTKGs4hCiq-PGo_6kBGTJ5UuoS-iAKmVrK-uPq9sr6ezP7QMtfK2irc-vTa-gL6Kvqe-vMBmwL_BgsHFxPbGrsrT0NDRNtfP2L3awdsL4izkUevu7w7viPAf8NXzBvcy-Tf7qv4K

Definitly possible but with only 13-14 dmg notes i think it would feel really slow even with ice crash as defintly best skill of choice.
ES on hit from jewels would be really good in a melee version.

The build is also really lacking life even with 4.7k life and 2 k ES i feel really squishy especially aginst archer mobs from beyond or act 4 with powerful crits and sub phys.
Those really hurt / nearly 1 shot me :( . So i think for hardcore and higher maps u need at least 6-7k life even with this build. Maybe dropping some block for more life or getting really beast jewels with block and life witch go in beta so far i know for about 1 EX.
"
Alonfire wrote:
"
crazyjake wrote:
Spoiler

Definitly possible but with only 13-14 dmg notes i think it would feel really slow even with ice crash as defintly best skill of choice.
ES on hit from jewels would be really good in a melee version.

The build is also really lacking life even with 4.7k life and 2 k ES i feel really squishy especially aginst archer mobs from beyond or act 4 with powerful crits and sub phys.
Those really hurt / nearly 1 shot me :( . So i think for hardcore and higher maps u need at least 6-7k life even with this build. Maybe dropping some block for more life or getting really beast jewels with block and life witch go in beta so far i know for about 1 EX.

Thx for the reply, after some quick calculations, even dropping EB(useless with soul taker, my bad) and some socket node, the damage will be lower then my current block build (that already is meh), plus the armor will be also lower so less ES back on block :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info