Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

Hey all.

Question. this is my current passive tree for the build:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAAO4EswUtBjkHHgkzC2EM9w18FCAVIBm0Gj4c3B7fKPoqTSzpLYMtqC_MMtE9Dz8nQKBDMUVHRnFHfklRSbFKyE9WUEdRYFfJWlJfP19qZU1nm2jydO11y3k5eu97w37if8aCHoMJhNmFMoaziEKNfo8aj_qTJ5Uum12hL6IAqJqplayvrj6vbK-nsZCzP7QMt9a4k702voC-ir6nvrzAZsC_wYLBxcT2xq7K082Y0NDRNtfP2sHbC9tZ4izkUenV6mLquuvu7BjvDu-I8B_w1fKX8wb5N_uqDc0rUBzO_lQ=

If i can sustain my incinerate without the unrelenting wheel where would the points be best spent? While I don't need the reduced mana cost I cant see anywhere that would beat the life I get out of those four nodes. is their better pathing you guys think I could take? (have about 15 respec orbs and a few points I can use if needed)

I have run Atziri (First time EVER! and level 90!), though never deathless. The trio is quite a challenge and seem to always get me at least once, and the Vaal is easy.

Instead of heralds I run Purity of Fire and Purity of Lightning in hopes of making me tankier (especially by overcapping my lightning resist) along with arctic armour.

I got a lucky LC drop way back when I first started playing (Almost vendored it... -60% lightning resist why would I want that!). I bought myself a Rapiths Globe with the last currency I had and a self found Stone of Lazhwar that was sadly corrupted (at least I think so seeing as how we want increased block).

Now I know my gear is way unoptimised since even though I have played this game for awhile I'm still quite nooby. I want to know gear wise what are the main factors or main piece of gear I need to replace. I have linked what I am using below.

Armour and weapons:

Flasks:

The Item Rarity is just used while mapping

If you guys are wondering about the CWDT -> Lightning Warp it is a setup I got used to on my old incinerator and never grew out of. I of course remove it when taking on difficult bosses but usually it is useful against the weaker ones for me.

Please be gentle '^_^

And great build I'm loving it!
Everyone has "to do" lists. Strange how guys lists are just a bunch of names...
What would you suggest if you cannt afford a rathpith?
Just get a rare Shield with good block chance (28+) Life (80+) and Energy Shield (150+) preferably with some Armor on it, though they also get expensive quiet fast.
is it possible to work on shadow tree for that build?
"
rasmon wrote:
is it possible to work on shadow tree for that build?

I am just trying to customize it to shadow, you can check the plan of the final tree below. Looks quite nice so far but using the uniq from the original build you just get up to 60 % block (with jewels and tempest shield). On the other hand this tree gives you more dmg and more life, at least it looks like this when I am theorycrafting it.

Last edited by Alex_Lied on Aug 29, 2015, 5:50:22 PM
First of all thank you you for this awesome build! It's been working great for me so far. I have a problem though: I'm considering starting to do atziri, but before that I'd like to buy some better armor. I'm torn between two choices: 5-link Lightning coil OR some Rare 6-link ES armor.

The problem is this: I can't afford a 6-link LC since it'd cost ALOT. Whereas I can afford pretty nice rare 6-link armor. The 6-link rare would have more life and possibly chaos resistances as well. Also my tooltip dps drops from 12,3k to 9,9k going from 6-link to 5-link. If I were to go for LC, is it worth it to drop one of the auras for Purity of lightning. If so, which aura?

And lastly for Atziri (normal not uber) is it worth it getting any chaos resistances? Thank you for your help!
"
MaNNe88 wrote:
First of all thank you you for this awesome build! It's been working great for me so far. I have a problem though: I'm considering starting to do atziri, but before that I'd like to buy some better armor. I'm torn between two choices: 5-link Lightning coil OR some Rare 6-link ES armor.

The problem is this: I can't afford a 6-link LC since it'd cost ALOT. Whereas I can afford pretty nice rare 6-link armor. The 6-link rare would have more life and possibly chaos resistances as well. Also my tooltip dps drops from 12,3k to 9,9k going from 6-link to 5-link. If I were to go for LC, is it worth it to drop one of the auras for Purity of lightning. If so, which aura?

And lastly for Atziri (normal not uber) is it worth it getting any chaos resistances? Thank you for your help!

If you are planning on using Purity of Lightning, then you would have to drop Anger, or both AA+HoI since Purity reserves 35% mana. I recently switched to a Lightning Coil and I feel tankier now.

Can't really answer on the 5l vs. 6l thing, since I'm still on a 5l myself, but it's a tradeoff between dps and survivability.
"
SneezeGuard wrote:
"
MaNNe88 wrote:

If you are planning on using Purity of Lightning, then you would have to drop Anger, or both AA+HoI since Purity reserves 35% mana. I recently switched to a Lightning Coil and I feel tankier now.

Can't really answer on the 5l vs. 6l thing, since I'm still on a 5l myself, but it's a tradeoff between dps and survivability.

I decided to switch to a lightning coil as well. I feel much tankier so I believe it was a good choice. DPS loss wasn't that noticeable and I can get higher dps by upgrading my gems to 20/20 so shouldn't be a problem. I decided against purity of lightning as well, simply because I don't see the 4% being worth it.
I'm currently using a slightly different setup for mapping and so far I like it a lot:

I would have preferred temp chains on the gloves but I hit ele weakness first. I also use a CWDT-Enfeeble-Temp Chains setup.

So far this has been great for mapping. Temp chains + enfeeble gives a ton of defense, and ele weakness speeds up clear speed nicely.

Obviously a block corruption would be better for atziri, but I was surprised to find that block corruptions are WAY more expensive than the +1 curse.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
hi can we have a new link for the lightning coil passive tree. the one you posted is not there anymore. ty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info