I was wondering, which support gem would benefit the most out of Avatar of Fire dps wise? I plan on running dual wield resolute technique high physical molten strike. Which support gems would provide the highest dps output?
Weapon Elemental Damage would be hands-down the best because it affects both initial hit and projectiles, besides that you got multistrike, faster attacks and added fire, for most other supports it's one or the other.

If you want to focus on projectiles Phys Proj Damage is great (doesn't apply attack speed penalty to melee/projectile skills), Also Point Blank and Conc Effect. It would be great if you took Point Blank as a kyestone and Iron Grip is also on the way, but it's right on the opposite side of the Avatar.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 13, 2015, 4:54:16 AM
you cant deal non-fire damage -> fire penetration is mandatory
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jun 13, 2015, 5:26:46 AM
I don't think avatar of fire is a good node, u can't use elemental equilibrium if u have that.
However if you do molten strike i recommend picking up point blank, molten strike counts as projectiles and they land close to you so we could count that as an almost 100% dmg increase on each projectile.
"
krenderke wrote:
However if you do molten strike i recommend picking up point blank, molten strike counts as projectiles and they land close to you so we could count that as an almost 100% dmg increase on each projectile.

It was calculated to be 40% more projectile damage on average, a pretty awesome bonus considering it's practically free.

Melee physical is great. It should add the damage before the conversion.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
Melee physical is great. It should add the damage before the conversion.

Well not exactly. All modifiers are calculated after Conversion.
However, Converted Damage benefits from the source-type's modifiers, so MPD applies.
so if i had a choice between melee physical damage and added fire damage, which would be better, assuming that the other support gems would be weapon elemental damage, multistrike, faster attacks, and fire penetration?
Last edited by MrBautista on Jun 28, 2015, 11:44:26 PM
"
MrBautista wrote:
so if i had a choice between melee physical damage and added fire damage, which would be better, assuming that the other support gems would be weapon elemental damage, multistrike, faster attacks, and fire penetration?

You got a general melee/projectile setup there, so added fire is an obvious choice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info