Imagine Path of Exile had actives (Flash/Aegis/Beads/Blink) NO CAST TIME BUFFS

Now, the truth is, Path really does have actives...but they don't feel like actives, do they? Buffs that can be used to temporarily give your character strength is something GGG has always been striving towards and have wanted to implement, but it has never caught on...and I think I know why.

Cast time.

What do 'Flash' 'Aegis' or other actives in MOBAs have in common that make them feel so responsive? No cast time. You just press the button on time and reap the benefits.

Can you imagine casting immortal call as your character is getting charged by rhoas and you know youre about to die? No. The cast time will not allow it or make it feel natural. That's why we will always default to potions, they just feel better, instant...

Until GGG can find a way to have 0 cast time abilities, this temporary buff idea cannot work and will not be accepted by the general populace.
Last edited by FoolyCoolant on Jun 12, 2015, 4:55:08 PM
cast when damage taken
cast when stunned

blink arrow to some extend
Played a whole league with 20sec IC, worked nicely. Still puzzled what exactly your point is. Cast time is an important balance factor, take it away and you do nothing but simplifying the game. I'm honestly baffled a CB supporter suggests to dumb down this game.
"
ahcos wrote:
Played a whole league with 20sec IC, worked nicely. Still puzzled what exactly your point is. Cast time is an important balance factor, take it away and you do nothing but simplifying the game. I'm honestly baffled a CB supporter suggests to dumb down this game.

The only thing cast time on skills like that balances is who uses it and who doesn't...and I have news for you the majority don't, and they're not wrong. Cast time on something like IC is clunky. Cast time on something like RF is clunky. Cast time on all the warcries is clunky. It has nothing to do with "dumb". You're still choosing when to use it...I'm not suggesting something that's spammed all the time to keep it up at no inconvenience, which is what I'm assuming is the vibe youre getting is?
"
cast when damage taken
cast when stunned

blink arrow to some extend

Those things are removing a key factor: Player choice, that the things I mentioned have and relate to.

Blink arrow is not really a buff so I'm not really sure why you're even mentioning it.
What you're describing are the flasks but you don't like them for some reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info