Problem with Chaos Inoculation, Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact.

Hello. First, I'am not good with english, but can read just fine..

I have this three (CI, GR and VP), 3% Leech on physical, Warlord's Mark with 5.9% Leech on damage and my Shield (800 Energy Shield) don't regenerate. Static Strike is my main damage Skill (700~ dps only). I don't understand something about this passives?

Edited:

My leech is 0 (ZERO).
Tested with normal physcal attacks, 0 Leech and only leech with Life Leech Gem (veeeery little leech with Life Leech Gem).
Tested with Reave gem too.
Last edited by SilmeriaValkyrie on Jun 12, 2015, 2:54:57 PM
Do you mean your ES won't passively regenerate or that you aren't able to leech ES with your attacks? VP shouldn't block your ES recharge: "Because Vaal Pact causes life regeneration to have no effect, taking it along with Zealot's Oath will prevent the character from regenerating energy shield. It will not prevent energy shield from recharging as it normally does." -poe wiki
Side note, your dps at your level will be to low to make good use of VP, imo. In most circumstances you'd be better off with regular leech as you're likely not hitting the 20% life/ES per second cap. There are exceptions(aoe skills that do damage at the same instance of time ie. ice nova, reave etc will benefit more from VP)
My problem is 0 (ZERO) life (shield) leech with this combination and I don't understand why.

I have Static Strike linked with Multistrike and Blood Rage for more attack speed. With this I have 4~5 hit/sec and was hoping for 40~70 life "regen/sec".
Last edited by SilmeriaValkyrie on Jun 12, 2015, 2:13:39 PM
What does your character screen tooltip say is the physical damage of your staic strike. Without the life leech gem, your leech from gear and blood rage will only apply to the physical portion of the damage, not all your damage. So that 700 dps includes a lot of lightning damage that doesn't get leech in your setup. And Vaal Pact muliplies your leech by .4, which is a pretty big reduction.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
What does your character screen tooltip say is the physical damage of your staic strike. Without the life leech gem, your leech from gear and blood rage will only apply to the physical portion of the damage, not all your damage. So that 700 dps includes a lot of lightning damage that doesn't get leech in your setup. And Vaal Pact muliplies your leech by .4, which is a pretty big reduction.

Yes, but my physical attack is not ZERO, so why ZERO leech? Well, I will need switch my build :/
"
mark1030 wrote:

OP is getting hardly any physical life leech from his setup, mostly elemental damage and the little physical OP has is 60% converted to lightning. However, OP has 11% life leech for elemental damage with warlord's and life leech gem. So I'm stumped why OP would have 0 ES leech.
You need to replace your weapon with something that has good physical dps.
Consider dropping Vaal Pact until you get higher dps.

"
Zed_ wrote:
You need to replace your weapon with something that has good physical dps.
Consider dropping Vaal Pact until you get higher dps.

Well, yes, but first I need to understand my ZERO leech problem, because I have 10%~ elemental leech.
"
Millacus wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

OP is getting hardly any physical life leech from his setup, mostly elemental damage and the little physical OP has is 60% converted to lightning. However, OP has 11% life leech for elemental damage with warlord's and life leech gem. So I'm stumped why OP would have 0 ES leech.
OP didn't have anything about trying with the life leech gem when I posted that.

Are you sure you are getting zero ES from leech (ie, looking at the numbers and not just the visual ES graphic)? You should get something. But visually if you're only getting a small amount (due to the 40% multiplier of vaal pact), it might not be noticeable with a good sized ES pool.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info