[2.0] Unarmed Cyclone.

Will more than likely respect to this on my 92 barbarian if they do not change the jewels when the expac releases.

Any input appreciated. Thanks.

Tree

Gear

Mantra of Force

Martial Artistry

Projected Force

Facebreaker (legacy if possible)

Abyssus

Meginord's Girdle (corrupted with + Endurace Charge)

Lightning Coil / Belly of the Beast (Use Belly or tri resist+life+armor rare chest if you are having trouble capping resists)

Great Old One's Ward (Use a resist+life+armor rare shield if having trouble capping resists)

Gems

[Order of Priority]

(Chest) Cyclone + Blood Magic + Life Gain on Hit + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Melee Physical Damage

(Gloves) Hatred + Herald of Ash + Tempest Shield + Elemental Proliferation

(Boots) Blood Magic + Chaos Golem + Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration

(Helm) Blood Magic + Enduring Cry + Blood Rage + Increased Duration

(Shield) Cast When Damage Taken + Warlord's Mark + Molten Shell

Bandits/Stats

Help Oak in all difficulties.

Tree stats

With fortify, chaos golem and max endurance charges up, 60% phys damage reduction and 20% reduction to all damage before calculating armor and Lightning Coil reduction(if you chose to use coil).

Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Sadly Projected Force is not making it into the expansion and Mantra of Force has been reworked to give fire instead of physical damage. I'd use Carcass Jack or Belly of the Beast for a chest, and I have a feeling you'll want to swap out Great Old One's Ward for a more defensive shield (Lioneye's Remorse is pretty popular; I hate the movement speed reduction, but comparable rare armour shields tend to be pricey).

Your tree looks fine, except you'll probably want the jewel socket next to Golem's Blood instead of the one above Devotion (it saves you a point) unless you're going to continue up to Purity of Flesh/Sovereignty. Also, I wouldn't bother with Bloodless and Soul of Steel. Take Sanctuary for increased block/armour and head down to Testudo/Retaliation.

Life Gain on Hit is totally unnecessary with flasks and life leech from Lust for Carnage. Lightning Warp isn't worth your time unless it's linked to Faster Casting and you can get a lot of intelligence on gear. You might reconsider Elemental Proliferation after you test out the gem change. What about Riposte and Reckoning? They're excellent with a high block chance.

Facebreaker builds are pretty straight forward. You shouldn't have much trouble aside from reflect if you're going legacy and certain map/enemy mod combos (thanks to Abyssus, you don't want to take a crit in a Vulnerability + added damage map from an enemy that does extra physical damage, for instance).
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jun 12, 2015, 3:46:31 PM
Damn, with no projected force, pretty much makes this build unplayable for me - clearspeed will be too slow :( that's sad - oh well.

"
Edzilla wrote:
Damn, with no projected force, pretty much makes this build unplayable for me - clearspeed will be too slow :( that's sad - oh well.

I'm playing Facebreaker Cyclone in live and clearspeed is good, but no, it's not as good as a ton of other builds. I guess that's what we get for a largely budget build. At least we still have Martial Artistry... although I don't know how much that matters if there are changes to Concentrated Effect and Increased Area of Effect.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

I'm playing Facebreaker Cyclone in live and clearspeed is good, but no, it's not as good as a ton of other builds. I guess that's what we get for a largely budget build. At least we still have Martial Artistry... although I don't know how much that matters if there are changes to Concentrated Effect and Increased Area of Effect.

What are they changing to conc effect and increase aoe?

I'm running 2h cyclone, with +2 weapon range crafted on my wep. Clearspeed is good. Was looking forward to trying the facebreaker version with unarmed ranged boost - it seems faster and with a bit more survivability since it has block.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info