The wonderful n tiny xp calculator 1.6

Hello :)
I made this simple program for myself and thought I might as well share it with you guys.
I got most of the code from the website:
http://pathofexilebuilds.com/exppenaltycalc.php
My program does pretty much the same thing as the website but i added a small overview to see what -4 +4 lvl areas gives as well(updated in 1.1) :)

If you guys have any ideas or requests please let me hear em because I love to code, help the community and I am on my way to become a software developer so its nice practice :)

Download:

Older versions:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jg219q49hnu80gr/PoeExperienceCalc1.6.rar

Source Code:

Pictures:
Spoiler

Updates:
Spoiler
Added Party experience calculator
Instead of showing +-4 lvls it now shows the one that gives 100% and the 8 under that (example: if lvl 79 gives 100% xp it would show lvl 79-70)
Added so that you don't have to press the calculate button when you change your char lvl or monster lvl (haven't added this to party textfields but I can if someone would like it)
Made a couple of updates (Thank you Maser-kun on reddit)
There is pretty much no need for the button anymore, ill remove it next version
Added 2 lines in the player xp list that shows max lvl that gives 100% and the lvl just over that lvl
Added fancy numeric updown boxes instead of text fields :) they work nicely
Added tab function so that it selects all in the boxes
Added drop penalty calculator
Added Save/Load function
Added a box for total xp and a text field that says how many % you are from lvl 100

-Hapseleg
Last edited by Hapseleg on Jul 6, 2015, 9:00:24 AM
Good Job! :)
Thank you for your nice work! I would suggest calling btnCalc_Click when leaving txtMonsterLvl or even better when changing the value of the two fields. This way, you wouldnt have to click the button manually.
Nice and simple, I love it!
IGN: MegaSplasz
Just a small tip, put the source on pastebin with C# highlighting and add the link here instead, makes it more readable.
thanks!
well, it doesn't say how much less xp player 4, that should get 100% xp of the map gets because of the dick lvl99.

Or is it as simple as, 6 players. 100/6 = 16,66 - 14,76 = 1,91 He get's 1,91% less xp than he should?

Don't think that's correct. Otherwise I could just say the lvl99 gets 9,69% more xp than he should because he's grouped with lowbies. Then every lvl99 would group with 5 lvl60s and rush through 66s maps and 99-100 would be much much faster...

What am I missing?
"
Thank you for your nice work! I would suggest calling btnCalc_Click when leaving txtMonsterLvl or even better when changing the value of the two fields. This way, you wouldnt have to click the button manually.

Sure I can do that ;)

"
Schezza wrote:
well, it doesn't say how much less xp player 4, that should get 100% xp of the map gets because of the dick lvl99.

Or is it as simple as, 6 players. 100/6 = 16,66 - 14,76 = 1,91 He get's 1,91% less xp than he should?

Don't think that's correct. Otherwise I could just say the lvl99 gets 9,69% more xp than he should because he's grouped with lowbies. Then every lvl99 would group with 5 lvl60s and rush through 66s maps and 99-100 would be much much faster...

What am I missing?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Experience You can find all the info about it here, for party xp its like this:
PlayerXpShare = (Level+10)^2.71
Then you just plus all the PlayerXpShares which will gives XpPool
Then you need to calulate how many % each player get by going:
(PlayerXpShare/XpPool)*100 = how many % the given player will get

Hope this explains it :)

-Hapseleg
Thank you my friend!
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
And tell me; Why would anyone use this?
zzZzzzZzzZz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info