[3.1] BERSERKER/JUGGERNAUT 288k DPS Ice Crash/EQ Crit Staff AKA "The Shattering Karui"

I understand your point here bro, but my original point stands.

You don't have a 6 link.

I had more attack speed than you.

I didn't get the reduced skill cost clusters.

You had to shoehorn in a curse just to sustain your skills.

My char didn't have enough physical damage to leech per percentage. Im sure another few percentage would have done it.

So there you go, all your questions answered.

I think it's pretty reasonable to say that the darn skill costs way too much if these are the steps players needs to take to use it.
"
CorranHorn wrote:
I had more attack speed than you.

I didn't get the reduced skill cost clusters.

Whoa, well what was the problem then? Why did you expect to be able to sustain it in the first place? Those nodes are taken for a reason, and attack speed is emphasized as irrelevant for a reason. Did I write anywhere that you can sustain this skill without reduced mana nodes or with high attack speed? I didn't. Then why are you asking me why you can't sustain your mana? -.-

Also, not sure by what criteria is using a curse "shoehorning" in this game? And, in a very simple and easy to use curse on hit setup. You know, there's skills, and then there's auras, and then there's... curses... -.-

I really don't understand the people that expect super mana sustainability with absolutely no or extremely little investment. "Hey, I have no reduced mana cost nodes, I have a bunch of attack speed, and I really don't want to use any stupid curses, so why can't I sustain my mana?"...
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
Your points, while acerbic, defensive, close minded and childish, contain certain elements of truth.

But hey, you didn't come out and say "Hey guys, phys leech only works on this build a small amount, you need several steps to sutain using your skill despite its super slow attack speed".

Because that would be the information people need here. I think you should focus on that.

But please, continue insulting me, i'm sure it's very helpful to other players that don't know what you do to learn.

So, to recap. On a 5 link, this skill isn't too bad. Some mana cost reduction, some leech here and there, and some regen and you are good to go. If not, throw in a curse like warlords mark.

On a 6 link, you will need at least 3 of the above different methods working together to sustain the skill if you wish to forgo mana potions(as almost everyone does). It may take some experimentation.

How about you paste that up in your build somewhere dude? Or, if you prefer, please continue shit in the mouth of people who have questions. Your choice.
"
CorranHorn wrote:
Your points, while acerbic, defensive, close minded and childish, contain certain elements of truth.

But hey, you didn't come out and say "Hey guys, phys leech only works on this build a small amount, you need several steps to sutain using your skill despite its super slow attack speed".

Because that would be the information people need here. I think you should focus on that.

But please, continue insulting me, i'm sure it's very helpful to other players that don't know what you do to learn.

So, to recap. On a 5 link, this skill isn't too bad. Some mana cost reduction, some leech here and there, and some regen and you are good to go. If not, throw in a curse like warlords mark.

On a 6 link, you will need at least 3 of the above different methods working together to sustain the skill if you wish to forgo mana potions(as almost everyone does). It may take some experimentation.

How about you paste that up in your build somewhere dude? Or, if you prefer, please continue shit in the mouth of people who have questions. Your choice.

I find it funny how you're the only person whos having such a hard time sustaining mana whereas everyone else seems to manage just fine.
Im running with about 90% mana reserverd and i have enough spare mana to cast 1 ice crash with 0.8 mana leech and it works fine.
im also using assassin's mark and i havent skilled into Mana Flows.
Last edited by Nexzer on Jul 28, 2015, 11:44:36 AM
Again, it's a fair point. But look at it from the other side as well.

I used my older game knowledge when i was thinking of this build, and having never had mana troubles in the past with 2 handed builds(infernal blow and heavy strike/sweeper) why would i assume this build would be different?

I didn't get into the Beta, same as a lot of people. With no previous information, or explanation, that this skills mana cost requires several steps in order to easily use it, why would i know?

Simply put, why is GGG making a skill players can just BARELY use while having to stack 3-4 forms of mana generation. It's freaking melee. It's supposed to be straight forward.
I've 0.28% mana leech with a 5-link Ice Crash. Not using Warlord's Mark, not using Rallying Cry, 1.7 APS with Blood Rage on and I'm not speccing into any mana nodes on the tree (I do have reduced skill cost nodes though) I have no mana issues whatsoever. Except for extended single-targeting that forces me to sometimes carry a hybrid flask, which sucks. But other than that, there are no issues at all. I can't imagine adding a 6th link would impact this noticeably.

Reduced skill cost nodes are essential for this build. As is low attack speed.

With that said, I wonder if I could spec out of some of the reduced skill cost nodes since my mana bar almost doesn't move down in regular mapping.
Last edited by Kappa_123 on Jul 28, 2015, 12:37:52 PM
You may be right dude. I guess it was communicated to you in some fashion when you were leveling(i didn't look up any guides before making the char) but to me, the reduced mana cost i assumed would be silly. I suppose it's mandatory nature is the primary point here.

But again, WHY does a melee skill have a mandatory cost reduction cluster? I really do feel punished that i have to pay or get lucky to 6 link something, then invest so heavily just to USE the skill.

I'm not talking about a 300 mana per second arc char with tons of cast speed. Just a slow ass marauder.

Either way though, good info. Game design is just what it is. It just wasn't communicated appropriately.

"
Kappa_123 wrote:
I've 0.28% mana leech with a 5-link Ice Crash. Not using Warlord's Mark, not using Rallying Cry, 1.7 APS with Blood Rage on and I'm not speccing into any mana nodes on the tree (I do have reduced skill cost nodes though) I have no mana issues whatsoever. Except for extended single-targeting that forces me to sometimes carry a hybrid flask, which sucks. But other than that, there are no issues at all. I can't imagine adding a 6th link would impact this noticeably.

Reduced skill cost nodes are essential for this build. As is low attack speed.

With that said, I wonder if I could spec out of some of the reduced skill cost nodes since my mana bar almost doesn't move down in regular mapping.
"
CorranHorn wrote:
But again, WHY does a melee skill have a mandatory cost reduction cluster? I really do feel punished that i have to pay or get lucky to 6 link something, then invest so heavily just to USE the skill.

I used a 4link for quite awhile and that worked out fine aswell, i was clearing out high lvl maps and only encountering problems against thornflesh and specific bosses.
you cant just expect to slap on the gem and start killing stuff, this goes for every build, your skill tree should match what skill gems you're using

"
CorranHorn wrote:
Either way though, good info. Game design is just what it is. It just wasn't communicated appropriately.

If you check out the first post, theres a detailed skill tree and gem setup that explains how to make this build work, if you dont follow the guide, dont expect the build to work on its own just by slapping on the ice crash gem.
Last edited by Nexzer on Jul 28, 2015, 2:07:34 PM
Look dude, i've been playing this game for a good long while.

A few mana leech was all you've ever needed. This skill, ice crash is really weird because it does very little physical damage, in conjunction with the extreme nerf to overall mana leech, it's significantly harder to maintain skills than ever before, expecially with a build thats not pure phys.

You CAN ABSOLUTELY EXPECT TO SLAP ON A SKILL AND IT WORKS THAT IS THE POINT OF THE GAMe.

Look, this entire fucking thread is pointless. If you want to use the skill, read all my above, it needs help to move along, and GGG abuses their players with ridiculous mana costs, then removes the viability of leech. That's all you need to know.
Last edited by CorranHorn on Jul 28, 2015, 2:21:08 PM
"
CorranHorn wrote:

Look, this entire fucking thread is pointless. If you want to use the skill, read all my above, it needs help to move along, and GGG abuses their players with ridiculous mana costs, then removes the viability of leech. That's all you need to know.

You deviate from the provided skill tree, itemize completely differently, and then come in here and say the "build" isn't viable. Your posts are the only pointless things in this thread since clearly you are not following the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info