Wraeclast.net

Like I said,I do wish you and others who use and enjoy the site all the best. =)

"
Temper wrote:
Like I said,I do wish you and others who use and enjoy the site all the best. =)

You also said that the reason behind the site's creation is part of the reason behind your decision not to join. Whether you join or not doesn't concern me, but I am interested to know what reason you're talking about. I had nothing but positive intentions in making it.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

You also said that the reason behind the site's creation is part of the reason behind your decision not to join. Whether you join or not doesn't concern me, but I am interested to know what reason you're talking about. I had nothing but positive intentions in making it.

And too right you are mate !

I should really not have used that line of reasoning and I'll recind that,rather it's the timing of it going live and the vibe I got from reading a particular thread.I've been through this once before (even the whole moderation thing was the same) with another multiplayer game and the consequences were rather dramatic and pretty much crushed the games competitive online community,which made me wary of the timing.

Your listed reasons/intentions for building the site are more than enough to go ahead with it and more than enough for others needing that sort of thing,however,being the black sheep that I am (as usual),there's nothing on your list I either need or want for.Besides,I've become part of the brickwork here on the official forums,I don't belong anywhere else.

By the way,I didn't see Wraeclast.net in communities sub forum when I was browsing ? Probably should also be there as well.

Last edited by Temper on Jun 12, 2015, 6:35:25 AM
"
Temper wrote:
By the way,I didn't see Wraeclast.net in communities sub forum when I was browsing ? Probably should also be there as well.

Thanks for the tip. I figured it might be considered rude/spamming to make more than one thread about it so I'll just leave it at this one for now. Cheers though ;)
Small update to say that (as requested by one of our members) I've added a live chat function to the site so people can chat in real time. The chat is viewable by anyone but you have to be registered to participate.

Also when I get time (probably next weekend, possibly before then), we'll be getting Steam integration so people can sign up/in with their Steam accounts if they want, and information about their PoE Steam achievements can be made viewable (or hidden, depending on your preference) under avatars.

Cheers.

Edit: Steam integration was smoother than I was expecting and it should be working now. Features it brings are:

- You can sign up and/or log in to Wraeclast.net using your steam account.

- Your Path of Exile (and only Path of Exile) Steam statistics and achievements can be made viewable under your avatar when you post (or you can hide them if you prefer).

- Your Steam profile can be displayed on your Wraeclast.net profile page

Thanks again to everyone who signed up.

Edit 2: Screw that. I've removed Steam integration as the terms and conditions of using their api are rediculous. When I work out how GGG is doing it without having "Powered by Steam" plastered all over their site I'll give it another shot.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jun 15, 2015, 10:02:27 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Small update to say that (as requested by one of our members) I've added a live chat function to the site so people can chat in real time. The chat is viewable by anyone but you have to be registered to participate.

This is great. :)
Ugh effort
"
aStrayGami wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

This is great. :)

Thanks. It turns out it wasn't working properly due to me misconfiguring stuff which was preventing people from being able to see any live chat messages under certain circumstances. I seem to have fixed it, though there are some other minor issues on the site I need to resolve, like the fonts not displaying properly for some people. I'm not a programmer so it's taking me a while to work out some of the finer details. Again, the chat should now be fully functional.

Cheers.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jun 16, 2015, 4:28:03 AM
At least it works :D I might actually make an account there now. I always prefered to just chat live (reason i love guilds in games) instead of forum posting, espcially with nothing to tell you people have quoted you on these forums.
Ugh effort
"
aStrayGami wrote:
At least it works :D I might actually make an account there now. I always prefered to just chat live (reason i love guilds in games) instead of forum posting, espcially with nothing to tell you people have quoted you on these forums.

Another feature I'm hoping to implement within the next couple of weeks is the option for guilds to have their own private sub forums (complete with live chat), with guild leaders getting moderation permissions (only for their guild sub forum). It's pretty easy to make it happen but I'm holding off until implementation of being able to link items, as I think that needs to be there first for the guild thing to be useful.

Also coming this weekend (assuming stuff doesn't happen at work):

- More options for different styles. Currently there are two, and I'm planning to add another two on the weekend. One will be flashy with backgrounds fading into each other and shiny icons and stuff, the other will be very plain, white, spreadsheet esque, for people who use forums while pretending to work >.>

- I'll be fixing an issue some people are having with fonts not displaying correctly in some places and forum icons not displaying consistently on the forum index.

- A front page, possibly with articles if anyone would be kind enough to write them.

- A fix for the SSL certificate error that appears when people post images from non SSL sources.

Cheers :)
On it.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info