Wraeclast.net

As some of you know, I've been putting together a PoE fan forum. It's now (I hope) up and usable.

Some features it has:

- Standard forum features that people expect, like a notification when someone quotes you or replies to a thread you made (or not if you want, alerts can be user defined).

- Include files directly from your computer in your posts(no more broken image shack links).

- Pretty loose rules and even looser moderation given that I'm currently the only moderator.

- Lots of nice little touches, like when you highlight text in a post you can just click a button and it opens a reply with the bit you highlighted as a quote.

- Fully fledged text editor for posting

Stuff it doesn't have yet but will in the near future:

- The ability to link items like you can here. For the time being you'll still need to be logged into this site for it to work anyway, but at least it will mean there will be somewhere you can go to trade when you're on probation here.

- Multiple styles for users to choose from. I only made one so far but I'll do a few more if people end up using the forums.

- Nice buttons and borders like they have here. I'm not a graphic designer, soz. I'll get one though.

- Full integration of useful tools and calcs.

Feel free to sign up and get the party started. It's a completely clean slate and anyone is welcome.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jun 9, 2015, 11:26:02 AM
Last bumped on Jun 14, 2016, 11:36:26 AM
just signed up monsta.. you've done a stellar job creating this site. i recommend others go and sign up. i look forward to a new forum where the moderation is more lenient.
"
just signed up monsta.. you've done a stellar job creating this site. i recommend others go and sign up. i look forward to a new forum where the moderation is more lenient.

Thank you. There still seem to be a few minor bugs to iron out and there's a lot to add in future with regards to resources and integration of build planners and calculators and trade platforms and whatnot, but for now the forum itself seems to be totally functional so at least we're off to a good start :)
"

Bye! Have fun!

GZ Monsta
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
Bye!

It's not intended to be a replacement for the official PoE forums. For some it might just be a place to go hang out when they are on probation waiting to come back here. For others it might be a place to hang out and post stuff that would be considered inappropriate here. Some people might just want to have another forum to play around on. It's not like joining one forum means leaving another, that's not how the internet works.

"
TheWretch wrote:
GZ Monsta

Thanks. I'm not a programmer and I haven't done this before so getting it all up and running properly took some effort. Fortunately I made a good choice on the underlying forum software and the people behind it did a great job of walking me through everything.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jun 9, 2015, 2:02:10 PM
Hey there Monsta!

do you have any APIs I could use? The Church of Keysus is aggregating websites about PoE.

or I could just link to your site :)

edit: also, if you need some programming help, hit me up
I need more purple titles
Last edited by Ocylix on Jun 9, 2015, 2:28:48 PM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Bye!

It's not intended to be a replacement for the official PoE forums. For some it might just be a place to go hang out when they are on probation waiting to come back here. For others it might be a place to hang out and post stuff that would be considered inappropriate here. Some people might just want to have another forum to play around on. It's not like joining one forum means leaving another, that's not how the internet works.

"
TheWretch wrote:
GZ Monsta

Thanks. I'm not a programmer and I haven't done this before so getting it all up and running properly took some effort. Fortunately I made a good choice on the underlying forum software and the people behind it did a great job of walking me through everything.

Cool dude, best of luck to you and your project

AKA REDDIT
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jun 9, 2015, 2:36:36 PM
"

Haha I bet you do. You should bring back Worst Hideout of the week and post it on here. I loved that series :D
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
If you cant properly secure login details for your visitors i would suggest you just scrap the whole site.

Secondly; i would really like to see a new system of up-voting implemented that doesnt rely on 'popularity'.
Instead give each post voting options:

post contains very useful abstract/general information. 1 point for voter/ 1000 points for poster
post contains very useful specific information. 1 point for voter/ 200 points for poster
post contains useful information. 1/ 100
post requests useful information 0/ 0

post contains ad hominem attacks. 1/ -2000
post contains threats. 1/ -100000
post attempts to influence others into negative behavior 1/ -4000
post contains false information 1/ -1000
arguments contain fallacies 1/ -250
post contains no useful information and is not requesting useful information 1/ -150
post is off topic 1/ -100
post has repeated previous recent content and has not added anything new 1/ -100
post has extraordinary bad grammar/spelling 1/ -50
post uses memes 1/ -50

the points are gained when a mod reviews and rates the post (or after 7 days without mod review). If a review differs from the mods review, the reviewer loses points( which would have been incorrectly deducted /added to the poster) instead of gaining them.

So posts have a score, and users have scores. A combination of the two scores determines a posts priority on the front page. Users who frequently post rubbish or engage in attacks have their posts at the end of the forum, if at all.

This system can be used to somewhat automate the burying of useless/ hatefilled posts and deter such posts. It also gives incentive to post useful information.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Jun 9, 2015, 11:24:58 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
If you cant properly secure login details for your visitors i would suggest you just scrap the whole site.

Secondly; i would really like to see a new system of up-voting implemented that doesnt rely on 'popularity'.
Instead give each post voting options:

post contains very useful abstract/general information. 1 point for voter/ 1000 points for poster
post contains very useful specific information. 1 point for voter/ 200 points for poster
post contains useful information. 1/ 100
post requests useful information 0/ 0

post contains ad hominem attacks. 1/ -2000
post contains threats. 1/ -100000
post attempts to influence others into negative behavior 1/ -4000
post contains false information 1/ -1000
arguments contain fallacies 1/ -250
post contains no useful information and is not requesting useful information 1/ -150
post is off topic 1/ -100
post has repeated previous recent content and has not added anything new 1/ -100
post has extraordinary bad grammar/spelling 1/ -50
post uses memes 1/ -50

the points are gained when a mod reviews and rates the post (or after 7 days without mod review). If a review differs from the mods review, the reviewer loses points( which would have been incorrectly deducted /added to the poster) instead of gaining them.

So posts have a score, and users have scores. A combination of the two scores determines a posts priority on the front page. Users who frequently post rubbish or engage in attacks have their posts at the end of the forum, if at all.

This system can be used to somewhat automate the burying of useless/ hatefilled posts and deter such posts. It also gives incentive to post useful information.

I'm assuming you're referring to the lack of ssl certification. My general experience is that free forums don't use ssl certificates. However, as you've said it and it seems important to you, I've just ordered one (roughly $200 for a year) and will get it installed asap. Thanks for the suggestion, though there's no need to be so harsh with your wording.

With regards to your voting idea, it's nice but it relies heavily on subjective opinions, and I'm not going to personally score every post that gets made. For example some might say "a system of upvoting that doesn't rely on popularity" is a paradoxical fallacy in itself, while others might think your post was useful.

Edit: I can confirm that the SSL cert will be done within the next several hours. I checked with my host and they confirmed it isn't standard practice given that I'm not dealing with personal details or financial transactions, but if it offers you and others some peace of mind then it's worth it to me. If you have any other concerns please feel free to raise them and I'll try my best to work it all out. Cheers.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jun 10, 2015, 3:19:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info