Map Drops in The Awakening

SWEET,

I missed the old map meta, where leveling was hard and expensive.

I remember the time I was dead poor, had cheap gear but was extremely proud on my char because I was level 87. after ambush that all changed :(
Bad Seed
Really nice, i miss the old days where a map drop was like WOW, tho if you want us to make challenging maps remove BS like reflect elemental and -25% max resist(in the same map roll i mean), its impossible even in max block ele builds.
IGN: Ziggro
Last edited by ziggro on Jun 8, 2015, 8:15:28 PM
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
I run my maps rare with chisels, sacrifice fragments, the works. On the Live realm, I have had an impossible time trying to sustain 75+ maps. 100%, 120%, chiseled, not chiseled, doesn't matter. And you're going to decrease my chances further? I play on Hardcore, and I'm running them about as hard as I can. I do everything "right" and yet I still continually run out of maps.

What a waste of a game, locking me out of level appropriate content because my luck wasn't sufficient is the worst system in the entire game.

But hey, thanks for increasing the drops from whatever even worse situation they are in in Beta. Ridiculous.

You've misunderstood. Those kinds of rolls are now going to be more rewarding in terms of total quantity of map drops than they've been previously.

"
daleroy wrote:
I can't get maps above 72 ATM. Just don't drop.

Was like that for me for a while too, but 70-71 was my barrier. Eventually levelling Zana broke me through.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Good to know.
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
This buff to boss drops' intention appears very similar to the one made around the Nemesis/Domination leagues. The effects of the Nem/Dom buff were lackluster, hopefully it will be more noticeable this time.
Does this mean that map boss drops will be closer to Piety and Dominus as far as rewards go?

As far as map drop rates go I am sad that drops are being reduced as my luck seems to skew towards the low end of the RNG. I often get literally zero drops on decently rolled maps or only 1-2 -5 level maps.

That said I am super excited for Act 4 to come out.
"
Chris wrote:

While there are several mapping groups in Beta happily sustaining the highest tiers of maps, it took them a lot more effort to get there than it normally does. We want to bring this experience to more players.

Which experience do you mean exactly? The experience of a mapping group? Or taking alot more effort?

Curious if this means you gave groups some sort of bonus map drops?
Clarification please :P
"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."
Currently Playing: Contagion/Essence Drain IGN: JddoggAscended

While you're reworking map drops, please make it so that we don't see a repeat of the current situation, where we're running a 78 map and we get three 66s in return. This is even a lousier feeling than not getting maps, it's like a slap in the face.
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Jun 8, 2015, 8:22:21 PM
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
While you're reworking map drops, please make it so that we don't see a repeat of the current situation, where we're running a 78 map and we get three 66s in return. This is even a lousier feeling than not getting maps, it's like a slap in the face.

Now imagine getting that from the boss ...
Great news.

Any news about next wipe? This week?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info