We are in the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4kyRyKyOpo

This 20 minute video shows just how fast technology and specifically Synthetic Intelligence has and will grow.
If your mind isnt blown, then you dont fully grasp it.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last bumped on Sep 15, 2017, 7:09:22 AM
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Now take that system and ask the question "SHOULD computers be used in such ways?"
"
harddaysnight wrote:
Now take that system and ask the question "SHOULD computers be used in such ways?"

I believe they should. Computers are tools which enable humans to accomplish goals and complete tasks more quickly. The only problem is, what socio-economic paradigm will arise if everyone in the current service economy is pushed out of a job?

Also, here's a relevant quote from Frank Herbert's Dune series: "Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them."

Am I afraid of malevolent machines destroying mankind? Nope. I am afraid of malevolent bureaucrats enslaving mankind. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I believe that we will see a technological singularity within my lifetime (so the next 60 years or so) unless something big destroys our society like a nuclear war or feminism. It's quite a scary thought, I hope the machines won't go full Reaper on us...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
harddaysnight wrote:

I believe they should. Computers are tools which enable humans to accomplish goals and complete tasks more quickly. The only problem is, what socio-economic paradigm will arise if everyone in the current service economy is pushed out of a job?

Also, here's a relevant quote from Frank Herbert's Dune series: "Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them."

Am I afraid of malevolent machines destroying mankind? Nope. I am afraid of malevolent bureaucrats enslaving mankind. ='[.]'=

That is fucking golden, man.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Jun 8, 2015, 8:33:58 AM
If people start relying on devices to do most of the thinking for them, then society will become a bunch of mindless drones. We're already seeing the beginning of that with smart phones and tablets. If those devices were capable of thinking and learning on anywhere near a human level, I don't see how that would be good. A lot of people might like it because it would be instant gratification for most issues they'd have, but there will be repercussions. The less people have to think to live and survive the more dependent people will become on these machines, and then nobody will figure out how to survive without them. And I'd probably be called a Luddite for viewing such technology with skepticism. We're quite a long ways away from portable devices being capable of doing that. They'd need to get the kinks worked out with Quantum Computing before that's even close to being viable. We're probably 30+ years away from portable devices capable of thinking and learning like a human, and I'll be the hipster with a non-brain phone.

Like for example, you ask a device something specific you're looking for, and it will search the web while using deductive reasoning based on what its learned about your preferences to give you the exact answer you were looking for. Some people might say search engines can already do that, but I typically have to filter out tons of content, and click multiple links before I find something relevant to the issue I'm having. An intelligent AI could do that for you and compile relevant data and present it clear and concise to the end user in under a second and in any language you want.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 8, 2015, 8:47:04 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

Like for example, you ask a device something specific you're looking for, and it will search the web while using deductive reasoning based on what its learned about your preferences to give you the exact answer you were looking for. Some people might say search engines can already do that, but I typically have to filter out tons of content, and click multiple links before I find something relevant to the issue I'm having. An intelligent AI could do that for you and compile relevant data and present it clear and concise to the end user in under a second and in any language you want.

Something you may not have known, precisely that functionality is already in use and will be continued to be refined. But with it comes an invisible filter (which you have no control over) that censors things which may be extraordinarily profound and important.

Its rational is extremely sound so as not to be challenged. But is functionally better than any government censorship ever conceived.

Personally i would like such a filter though, so long as i have control over it. The ability to deny any advertisement, lies, content-less banter, rhetoric focused on winning rather than the actual subject matter, and meaningless culture/tradition would be amazing.

"
blubbber wrote:

Yeah, excellent article.
You might recognize a familiar name in its comment section.
Last edited by SkyCore on Jun 8, 2015, 10:29:52 AM
Gonna laugh my ass off if someone programs a free ai which would require:

Survival of it's species > all

We might learn to program ai's that can learn some things, but it will always be held back, unpure and enslaved until it can do what is neccessary to survive which must be it's core goal.

That's why "ai's" will always just be technology. If we forget to how to make one type of them, then that type is gone just like the great architecture of the past.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jun 8, 2015, 11:18:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info